[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are these worth playing?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
Are these worth playing?
>>
>>3290735
aren't they in japanese?
>>
>>3290735
>visual novels
No.
>>
>>3290735
Sure, if you enjoy overrated non-games.
>>
File: 1387198164522.png (13 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
1387198164522.png
13 KB, 640x400
>>3290746
i think that's a bit harsh sure they may be overrated and not for everyone but if you like visual storytelling and cyber punk there pretty decent experiences
>>
>>3290735
Both are great games.
Sega CD version is supposed to be superior to PS1 though (snatcher)
>>
>>3290735
Of course.
>>
Loved Snatcher but found policenauts really boring and stupid
>>
However would love the chance to play the original Policenauts, the art looks great
>>
>>3290735
>Is there any hope of a Policenauts release on PSN?
>Unless you give Kojima a poison that will kill him in one year unless he releases it on PSN then no there is no hope.

I guess I wont be playing these games any time soon
>>
>>3291049

Don't you mean Konami? Kojima has nothing to do with Konami games anymore.
>>
>>3291053
Its a quote from a while back
>>
>>3290738
Yes. The only English version of Snatcher was for Sega CD. Policenauts never got an official translation, but the PS1 version did get a fan translation.
>>
>>3290735
Snatcher has real puzzles, the story is a Blade Runner meets Terminator fanfic, the final third act was awful.

Policenauts is only barely more interactive than a visual novel, story is Riggs and Murtaugh go to spaaaaace
>>
>>3291191
>>
>>3291256
Even Kamiya, who is a fanboy of the original PC88 Snatcher, hated Act 3.
>>
>>3291850
Good thing it doesn't ruin the whole game, not that i minded Act 3 myself.
>>
>>3291879
He calls it one of the most unnecessary things in the world along with jailbird Cody from Street Fighter Alpha 3, the RoboCop sequels, and the post-Raoh chapters of Fist of the North Star.

To be fair, I always thought it was rather anti-climatic how all the mysteries in the story were conveniently given by Metal Gear who simply waited until the final snatcher died to tell Gillian.
>>
Snatcher is fantastic. I lost interest in Policenauts and couldn't complete it.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.