[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is absolute god damn bullshit >crabs have all-out invinicibility
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: 1435817528488.png (315 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1435817528488.png
315 KB, 480x360
This is absolute god damn bullshit

>crabs have all-out invinicibility even with their claw extended
>mantis blades can home in on you
>fucking starfish right next to bolts
>completely random whether they activate or not
>mantises placed right next to ledges so you can do fuck all against them
>act 3 boss is a rotating shield which means its a fucking crapshoot whether you take damage or not
>spikes off screen that you're somehow are supposed to know are there
>cant just spindash through mantises because theyll STILL hit you first
>>
>>3290193
FUCK MAN I know. But hey, do u want to watch TV on ur PC
>>
>>3290210

wut
>>
>>3290193
Metropolis Zone was where I always stopped as a kid. I was just too fatigued to play any more.

but yes, those star exploders and mantis blades fucked me up
>>
I like this zone. I enjoy a challenge.

Still have no idea what the ideal boss strategy is supposed to be anyway. I always get hit and bruteforce my way in.
>>
>>3290227
I still can't beat it

By the time I get there I'm sick of playing
>>
>>3290210
youll get all the SKY CHANNELS there is
>>
>>3290554
Doesn't help that it has 3 fucking acts, unlike the rest of the game.
>>
>>3290193

Jump over them, hit them from behind.

>fucking starfish right next to bolts

So? You can stop moving on the bolts.

They flash when they activate, plus you hear them explode. And if you have Tails around, you can move twice as fast on the bolts and outrun the starfish bullets anyway.

>mantises placed right next to ledges so you can do fuck all against them

You have enough time to jump over them and hit them from behind.

>act 3 boss is a rotating shield which means its a fucking crapshoot whether you take damage or not

If you pay attention then you can hit it when the shield is rotating in a degree that it doesn't protect him from all directions. If you suck, then you can just dodge him for 10 seconds and he'll switch the shield to a full horizontal pattern, where you can easily jump on him.

I don't remember the level having a part like that.

Attack from behind.

But if you got up that far and did not have Supersonic yet then you were doing it wrong to begin with. The only difficult part in Metropolis is that one where you have to quick break on the platform that moves by itself - if you just run over it, you'll fall to your death. That killed me more often than the spike pit in Mystic cave.
>>
>>3290595

>Jump over them, hit them from behind.

you never have enough room to do that. Everywhere theyre placed theres always a roof over them to stop you from doing that

>They flash when they activate, plus you hear them explode

no shit, but Ive gone right past like 6 of them and they stay asleep, but if I fall off and have to go up the nut again, 2 of them activate

>You have enough time to jump over them and hit them from behind.
no, you absolutely do not. One mantis is literally placed right on the edge while you'e still going up, meaning it can home in on you with your blades before you can even jump up

>Attack from behind.

THEYRE IN FRONT OF ME, HOW THE FUCK WOULD I GET BEHIND THEM
>>
Ive beaten this game like 5 times in the past 6 months. This zone is definitely annoying but not impossible. I hate the Oil Ocean Zone more.
>>
>>3290648

theres a fan in one of the oil ocean zones that blows you up into the air and right into one of the seahorse's pellet shots

pisses me off every time
>>
Metal Sonic still gives me problems. Especially since I still can't get all the emeralds.
>>
>>3290227
>>3290585

Exactly. Shit-tier zone, even the music starts to get grating, and they just randomly throw in another one.
>>
File: metal sonic recreation.gif (1 MB, 320x170) Image search: [Google]
metal sonic recreation.gif
1 MB, 320x170
>>3290674
>pic related is what happens when I fight metal sonic
>>
>>3290674
Just gotta gather enough lives to recognize his pattern. Really not that hard. He does the same thing each time. When you hit him make sure you hit the front and stay clear of the top of his head.
>>
>>3290193
The spiky claw thing just has a big hitbox. At no point is the monster invincible. It can be a right cunt, though, frequently you'll take a hit when it looks like you should have been safe.
Only to an extent. Once you have evaded them they'll not be able to catch you before you kill the mantis.
No, it's always been distance. You get too close and they pop.
>act 3 boss
Just wait and see when he makes himself vulnrable. You're too impatient.
Why would you assume that you are 'supposed' to know anything? You're 'supposed' to live and learn, m8.
Well yeah, they're holding their knives right where you're attacking from, aren't they?

Overall the zone can be a little tricky, but after the rest of the game being so easy I'd be welcoming something that's a little more engaging.
>>
>>3290698
What the hell are you talking about it has one of the best songs in the game

Me personally I love this stage, it's hard as fuck, has all kinds of shit going on, some of the coolest setpieces like the giant roating wheels and really technical platforming elements like the spike blocks. Sonic games always have a level like this towards the end and they're always supposed to be tough, do you think Robotnik is just going to let you waltz into his inner sanctum cause you got through Green Hill Zone easily?

I remember as a kid yelling THERE ARE THREE! Then when you get to Sky Chase Zone it's like a wave of relaxation as that dreamy synth line opens the level, mindblowing when you're 8 in the 90s lol.
>>
>>3290652
if you know where it is and dip back you can avoid being hit, but yeah it's enough of a cheapshot I immediately know what you're talking about
>>
>>3290832
this, once you figure out how to jump straight into metal sonic's face it becomes funny to see how fast you can take him out

I can do it before his second pass at you. That has more to do with having an absolute nigger of a time beating the main boss for years though, took me until I was an adult
>>
>>3290193
No one likes Metropolis.
>>
>>3290193
Meanwhile the rest of us beat this game without complaining back when we were like 3.
>>
>>3290193
get gud
>>
File: 1463569580337.png (10 KB, 910x490) Image search: [Google]
1463569580337.png
10 KB, 910x490
no, by all means

explain to me how to get over this fucking crab

keep in mind you cant hit him at all unless its literally on his ass
>>
>>3290698
is there any worse music in a genesis sonic game?

I think I'd take carnival night zone over metropolis
>>
>>3290193
>i need to git gud
>>
>>3290234
>>3290234
the ideal strategy is plugging in a controller to port 2, moving sonic to the side of the screen, and letting tails do all the work
>>
>>3290938
I love your drawing
>>
>>3290938
Short hop over him you can jump right over or bounce off his ass
>>
>>3290623
Nig is mad cause he sucks at kids games.
>>
File: Prom.png (285 KB, 604x364) Image search: [Google]
Prom.png
285 KB, 604x364
>>3291661
>>
File: SFACTOR_Title.png (3 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
SFACTOR_Title.png
3 KB, 320x224
Fuck Metal Knuckles. That is all.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.