[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Broken Sword series? I've only
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: broken-sword-2.5[1].jpg (189 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
broken-sword-2.5[1].jpg
189 KB, 800x600
What do you think of the Broken Sword series?

I've only played the first, it had a few bullshit puzzles but I still enjoyed it immensely. Probably one of my favorite point-and-click games ever. The second is good too from what I hear, so I'll be playing that soon.
>>
>>3289868
I motherfucking love Broken Sword. The first is my favorite. But not necessarily the bestest. Part 2 was great. 3 I really did not get into. The new one is fucking grand aswell. One thing, they have a different voice actress for Nico in part 2. She's good, but part 1 Nico gave me boners galore. Could be cause I was 11.
>>
Part 2 was my fave. 3 is a bit of a slog. Never played 4
>>
Excellent series.

First one is the best, and the DS version with an added Nico chapter was also okay. Second one was also good, but I don't know, I kind of liked the Templar storyline more than the mayan stuff.

3d transition took some time to get used to, but I rather liked 3 and 4 as well, 4 had one awful thing about it, and that is quite possibly the worst ending in history of endings.

Didn't play V. Have it on Steam, but never got around to it. Heard good things about it, though.
>>
File: broken.gif (979 KB, 500x232) Image search: [Google]
broken.gif
979 KB, 500x232
>>3289868
> Talk to that old lady for 10 minutes so she tells you how to open that one door that stucks

It was kind of a gear shift by then, the original BS being all about detailed dialogue and sense of setting, as well as somewhat realistic, low-key puzzles. If you came from LucasArts or Sierra games, it felt really weird and slow at first, but it *did* eventually win you over

Also, based Don Bluth Animation cutscenes
>>
File: final boss.png (321 KB, 482x299) Image search: [Google]
final boss.png
321 KB, 482x299
>>3289868
>>
I could never get into the Broken Sword games and I really wanted to because the production values were swanky.

I find the tone a bit droll and I was never into the Knights Templar. Not as fun as something like Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis.
>>
>>3289868
had shadow of the templars on GBA and really really disliked it. I was only 11 but I never got past an hour or two. seems like something I would enjoy now
>>
I have played 1 and 2, one of the greatest games out there, i'd say underrated becase of being a point and click game.
>>
File: paris_in_the_fall.jpg (12 KB, 400x245) Image search: [Google]
paris_in_the_fall.jpg
12 KB, 400x245
>>3291106
> First one was critically acclaimed, both were big commercial hits
> Underrated
>>
>>3291132
it was back when selling 100K was being a huge commercial hit though.
>>
>>3289868
Theyre good.
>>
I got give 3 large boxes of old big box PC games last weekend for free. After reading this thread I looked through it and I have Broken Sword 2 but not the first one. Do I need to play them in order?
>>
>>3291703
yep.
>>
>>3291703
Not necessary, yet i would. It explains the relationship between the main characters.
>>
I played the first one completely and liked it, played the second one partially. Beneath a Steel Sky by the same devs is even better imo.

>>3291703
Eh... I do remember that there's an option early in the game to ask a character to quickly retell the first game, but I also remember some minor references to the first game that weren't explained.
It's not necessary to play the first, the main stories are independent, but it's recommendable.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.