[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've read a lot of banter here that Chinese flash carts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4
I've read a lot of banter here that Chinese flash carts are horrible. I've tried pic related for a while now and find it great. What's with the bad rep?
>>
Krikzz shills and general elitists. Just don't ever try to update its firmware, not that there's currently any reason to or likely ever will be.
>>
>>3287860
>shills
Epic

I had a Chinese Everdrive MD that bricked itself pretty early on, never heard any issues about the Super Everdrive though.
>>
>>3287851
It says "The Best" on the cart, must be true
>>
>What's with the bad rep?

Everdrive shills. I generally wouldn't bank on Chinese technology holding up in the long run, but Flash carts of any brand should be fine. The only brand I've ever had any difficulty with is SuperCard, and only because it has such shit compatibility right out of the box.

I've never used an ED due to pricing, but any other brand I've invested in has yet to fail me.
>>
File: 1465759469753.png (470 KB, 790x720) Image search: [Google]
1465759469753.png
470 KB, 790x720
>>3288039
the shilling is real
>>
>>3287851
If you'd paid Krikzz prices you'd be buttmad and say shit about chink shit as well.

>>3288039
Top kek kid. Krikzz put an SD slot in a Game Doctor. Not trying disparage him, just the underage asslickers who are unaware of this.
>>
itt
Paranoid people who would rather save money than get working hardware

Try that with the n64 Ed clones and not the snes
>>
It's not shilling you fucking retards. The guy has a wife and kid and lives in some shitty post ussr country that probably suck assholes. This guy saved you from Nintendos virtual console jew-ery and re-seller scum pricing. If you don't got the money fine buy the knock off (in some way It's publicity for him) but people that buy from him are doing it because what he did was a great thing for us.
>>
>>3288203
YOU CAN'T DEFEAT THE CHINESE OVERLORDS THEY'LL RULE THE WORLD SOON
>>
File: GOd9PCN.gif (2 MB, 331x248) Image search: [Google]
GOd9PCN.gif
2 MB, 331x248
>>3288039
>pushing their product while making you feeling inadequate for not having it

shilling 101, here's a (You) and a report
>>
So there is no appreciable difference, just that the china versions can't be updated?
>>
>>3288268
Why can't it be updated anyway?
>>
>>3288291
the updates will break the knock offs, I think it's a deliberate anti piracy measure but I could be wrong.
>>
>>3288039

Fuck off.
>>
>>3288303
But it's a clone right? The Chinese version is even legit if I remember correctly.
>>
>>3289220
The Chinese version uses some slightly different chips that were within the specs of the Everdrive loader at the time. Krikzz introduced a new version of the loader that intentionally sends calls that will crash clones at a point before they start, effectively bricking them.
>>
Chinese products can work well.
And they can also not.

There's no quality standard, so it's always a crapshoot. I'll pay a little more not to gamble, thanks.
>>
>>3287851
sd2snes is superior though. If the chinese copy the sd2snes though, then I'll be interested.
>>
>>3289289
They already have.
>>
Chinese clones:
>produced by precision machines in factories using freedom inspired superior leaded solder
>use older board revisions that work perfectly but can't be updated for obvious reasons
>boards may be half a millimeter thicker which may over decades of use require you to spend 2 seconds re-bending the pins if you want to use legal carts again
>anywhere from half to a third of the price

Krikzz:
>hand-soldered using EU regulated lead-free cuckolder
>slightly more up-to-date, may have 0.001% more support or a meaningless feature like battery saving
>anywhere from 2 to 3 times the price
>>
File: sd2snes.png (261 KB, 1112x435) Image search: [Google]
sd2snes.png
261 KB, 1112x435
>>3289289
>>
>>3289230
>Krikzz bricks kids toys.
Three cheers for Krikzz
>>
>>3289437
/thread
>>
>>3287851
I have this cart. It fucking rules, works fine and was around 70$ I understand people felling shitty about it. It is from China. But works like a charm.
>>
>>3289246
>pay a little more
>$120 for usa everdrive
>$35 for chinese megadrive with sd card

if getting a chinese clone means i cant play 3% of the entire library thats fine with me
>>
>>3289289
>If the chinese copy the sd2snes
There's no need to copy it, since the sd2snes is actually open source and anyone can with the correct knowledge can put one together for themselves.

>>3289754
>usa
Ukrainian.
>>
I only ever get a red screen when trying to load any version of megaman power battles on mega everdrive from China. Is there a rom patch for this?
>>
>>3288203
>the savior
lol
>>
>>3289767
>replying to fucktards
why?
>>
It's a shame the chinks won't clone ED64 v3, because fuck if I'm paying 200 bucks to play on the N64
>>
>>3290065
>replying to fucktards
>it's called posting on 4chan ironic youngling
>>
>>3290580
What's wrong with the original version? As far as I'm aware, it only lacks support for 2 games.
>>
>>3290804
Douché
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.