[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts on Mega Man Legends?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10
File: 250px-MMLegendsBox.jpg (29 KB, 250x244) Image search: [Google]
250px-MMLegendsBox.jpg
29 KB, 250x244
Thoughts on Mega Man Legends?
>>
Above average.
>>
I think it's one of those games where, from a gameplay perspective, it's lacking, but in terms of charm, atmosphere, and flavor, it's top notch.
>>
>>3287747

I loved it as a kid, but I can see how someone who didn't play it when it was new would hate it now.
>>
I tried getting into it last year but I felt the movement and turning was so slow that it sort of sapped my will to get further (when you get things like the dash and whatnot).

I loved the voice-acting and cutscenes, but I wonder then if just watching a longplay would be sufficient.
>>
File: lewd sena back.webm (933 KB, 878x720) Image search: [Google]
lewd sena back.webm
933 KB, 878x720
I played it recently and fell in love with it.

I played the misadventures of Tron Bonne too but towards the end it felt as if it was missing something. Like it could've benefited from 3-d hub navigation rather than using menus. I still enjoyed the 2-D sprite artwork though.
>>
Played it one year ago, loved it. I'm the kind of guy who talked with every townperson in Sonic Adventure every time their dialogue changed and completed (almost) every damn boring quest in Nier just to learn more about the common people there. Exploring and helping rebuild the town in Megaman Legends was a joy.

Also, exploring the ruins and the special battles were fun. Tiesel and Tron Bonne were amusing and had like the best voice acting. Rather liked Roll too.
>>
File: mml2.jpg (66 KB, 900x675) Image search: [Google]
mml2.jpg
66 KB, 900x675
I feel like these games hold up incredibly well for early 3d from the fifth gen. The sharp, cartoonish style and amazing color palette really work together, and the in-engine cutscenes look way better than fmv's.

The gameplay is really solid too, I think they're some of the best action adventure games with an emphasis on exploration.
>>
It's a remnant from when games were packed to the gills with content. So much to see and do in this game, so much customization, so many secret events and sidequests. Even a karma system where being an asshole will make Mega Man's armor turn darker and darker blue.
>>
>>3288964

Adding on to this, I only ever played MML1 because I heard MML2 ends on the worst cliffhanger ever and my heart can't take it.
>>
worth the try, not the play.

it is one of those .love it or hate it'.
>>
>>3288924
nearly best looking 3D PSX game
>>
Just played through it on N64. My only complaint is I didn't find the helmet until nearly the end of the game because the part for it is hidden in some obscure place is never thought to look.

Also it's a bit on the short side. It also costs way too much money to upgrade your side weapons. Game could have benefited from a new game plus.

Other than that the game was pretty solid.
>>
Played MML1 last year and loved it. Played Misadventures of Tron Bonne a couple months ago, and just started Legends II right now. I really love these games, and will probably play Tail Concerto and Steambot Chronicles next year.

>>3289301
There's an area in the lake ruins I think, where there's water on both sides and crocs jump out and shoot stun/damage rings at you. That's the best play to grind in the game, although you can be killed via stunlocking if you aren't careful. Hide in the middle hallways with the slopes and take out one side's crocs and then the other, hiding in the hallway and taking pot shots if you have too. When they're all toast, go through the door at the bottom of either slope hallway to load a new area, then go back and the crocs will be reloaded. Couple hours of this and you'll be rich, but save often while doing so
>>
>>3289252
>worth the try, not the play.

What?
>>
>>3287747
I loved them, then realized I was just running circles around enemies and jumping when needed with a zenny vacuum in my offhand for 95% of the game.
>>
File: megaman-roll-vacuum.jpg (27 KB, 321x300) Image search: [Google]
megaman-roll-vacuum.jpg
27 KB, 321x300
>>3290364
Ah yes, the vacuum arm. Truly the most fearsome and noble of all weapons.
>>
>>3289301
Honestly if you're upgrading anything except the vacuum arm, shining laser or active buster, just stop. The other weapons are a waste of zenny for the most part.
>>
>>3292695
There are parts of the game before you have those, you know.
>>
>>3292738
And you don't need anything other than your buster for most of the game.
>>
>>3292745
I found the Powered Buster incredibly useful in the early parts of the game, especially in the boss fight against Teasel's digging mech.
>>
>>3292765
But you don't need to spend any money upgrading it.
>>
>>3292784

True, but it's hilarious to range up to max, then just stand in the corner of a battlefield and wreck tank ass with long-range death.
>>
File: dare.png (33 KB, 585x479) Image search: [Google]
dare.png
33 KB, 585x479
Who even IS this girl? and what is this feeling?
>>
are there any differences between MM Legends and 64? Besides graphical fidelity obviously. Which is the preferred release?
>>
File: MM64-comic.jpg (445 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
MM64-comic.jpg
445 KB, 1600x1200
>>3295207

Not really, they're the same game, there's a PC version as well released in english.

The 64 version corrects some of the game's graphical glitches (invisible walls, camera glitches, etc), but nothing major, the PS1 original is still playable. The 64 version has worse quality audio for the voice acting, but in turn has no loading times and for some reason the catgirl magazine was left uncensored on it (on the PS1 release it was changed to a superhero comic for the western versions).

I think there is no superior version, Capcom could have made the N64/PC versions a lot better, but they kind of half-assed the job, so the PS1 version is still acceptable.
>>
>>3295212
Thanks. I also found a faq on Gamefaqs which didn't have a whole lot of stuff in it. I think I'd rather go with the N64 version as the audio quality is of little concern to me. I'd much rather deal with that than wobbly playstation textures and load times.
>>
>>3295219
Yeah but you'll have to deal with them if you end up enjoying the game and wanna play the misadventures of tron bonne along with megaman legends 2

so maybe it's best if you just get used to it right away
>>
File: mm64-12.jpg (140 KB, 690x500) Image search: [Google]
mm64-12.jpg
140 KB, 690x500
>>3295219

If you're looking into buying the game, 64 is also cheaper.
If you're gonna emulate, I'd say play the PC version as it's the one with the best textures (based on the 64 port, but higher res).
I think the PC version has some trouble with the audio sync during cutscenes, though.

There's also Rockman Dash collection on the PSP, but I haven't tried those, I assume they're still japan-only.
>>
>>3287747
Love it, although I played the 64 iteration.
>>
>>3287747
Fun characters, comfy setting, clunky gameplay.

Would play more of the series
>>
>>3296582
>Would play more of the series

Yeeeah, about that, anon...
>>
File: 1444427799885.jpg (12 KB, 318x325) Image search: [Google]
1444427799885.jpg
12 KB, 318x325
>>3287747
the main man himself said it's bad. I used to like it until I considered his wisdom
>>
>>3296607
Praise him
>>
>>3296603
would
>>
File: nopan.png (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nopan.png
58 KB, 640x480
>>3296607
I know you're kidding but legitimate brain-dead tools are going to take his word for it and that makes me sad.
>>
File: MML Art.jpg (124 KB, 1000x1425) Image search: [Google]
MML Art.jpg
124 KB, 1000x1425
>>3295176

I remember reading somewhere that she's a dropped character that ended up becoming an NPC, like Pic Related in MML1.

>>3296607

James can't into PS1 games.
>>
>>3298251
I figured that was the case. She has such a cool design it's a shame.
>>
>>3288091
Definitely this. It's very much a clunky, early 3D PlayStation game but the voice acting is above average for the time and you get caught up in the story and charming characters.
>>
>>3295246
It's readily available on PSN though. I bought Mega Man Legends 2 on sale last week for like $1.50.
>>
Comfy as fuck summer game.
>>
Cozy, great music, good play, a little slow pacing-wise, good characters, beautiful towns, fun enemies.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.