[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just bought a genesis overdrive on eBay which was sold as genuine.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4
File: $_1.jpg (15 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
$_1.jpg
15 KB, 400x300
I just bought a genesis overdrive on eBay which was sold as genuine. How can I tell if I was sent a Chinese knockoff?
>>
open it and see if there is the name krikzz on the board.
>>
File: chinese.jpg (121 KB, 1301x680) Image search: [Google]
chinese.jpg
121 KB, 1301x680
is there anything wrong with chinese megadrives? i was considering getting one
>>
Supposedly they are of a cheaper build quality. That and they are undercutting someone's hard work.
>>
>>3286495
>is there anything wrong with chinese x?
If it bricks you are effectively fucked. Now the Genesis/Mega Drive ED from what I understand is actually of decent quality, since that was one of the ones he actually contracted out to the chinese to build. A lot of the other ones have various build quality issues(Gameboy ED eats it's own battery every 2 weeks), but from what I hear the Genesis/Mega Drive one isn't bad.
>>
So this overdrive from Aliexpress is legit?

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32596751280.html?aff_click_id=46d569174a464d9aa75eb8c0f64c7437-1465700624917-02199-iMvzBqj6E&aff_platform=y
>>
>>3286542
Best overdrive on the market!
>>
File: 1460213344981.gif (819 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1460213344981.gif
819 KB, 500x281
>>3286495
I've had one for about 2 years now. I had an official SNES one and I got it initially because I wasn't that bothered about mega drive at the time. Works great so far. Only game that doesn't work is virtua racing for obvious reasons (and phelios without a rom hack for some reason). You can't update the bios but theres no reason to and it hasn't been an update for quite awhile.

>>3286542
I got the one with sonic and a mega drive on the front for all I know that one's the same
>>
>>3286591
>(and phelios without a rom hack for some reason).
I've never gotten a decent answer as to why that is.

That's one of the reasons I decided to just go with the official Mega ED last november instead of a chinese edmd.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.