[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth $15?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: XmenSNES_boxart.jpg (74 KB, 444x325) Image search: [Google]
XmenSNES_boxart.jpg
74 KB, 444x325
Is this game worth $15?
>>
>>3286184
Definitely if you're into beat em ups
>>
>Capcom
>90s

sure
>>
File: arcadesrevenge.png (335 KB, 468x330) Image search: [Google]
arcadesrevenge.png
335 KB, 468x330
>>3286184
No, but this game is.
>>
>>3286210
What are the advantages of this game over MA?
>>
>>3286213
Arcade has better controls, better level designs, better music, and more characters.
>>
File: what the fuck are you doing.gif (938 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck are you doing.gif
938 KB, 500x281
>>3286184
Don't pay $15 for an SNES game. I shouldn't even need to tell you this.
>>
it's available for $0 at your nearest rom site faggot
>>
>>3286210
i have this game
it's actually not great
>>
>>3286184
Nope, its quite badly designed, i only ever been able to defeat magneto with wolverine, and is one of those dick games that n order to see the ending, you must not use continues or passwords!
>>
>>3286184
Easily. I'd do it for the OST alone.
>>
>>3286410
>you must not use continues
>the game literally ends when every character runs out of lives
>using the password still lets you see the ending
I know how casual and stupid you are by just pointing this out, also "i only ever been able to defeat magneto with volerine"
>i
Nigger, i have beaten that game with all the characters and i have to say the game is probably worth those $15 but if OP can find it cheaper, go 4 it.
>>
>>3286184
I'd say get it if you're a fan of Marvel or Capcom.
It may not be MAHVEL, but the beat em up/platformer was good for a weekend rental back in the day.
If you do buy it, make sure to pick up its brother game too.
It replaces X-men characters with Marvel, but it's a sausage fest since there's no hot chick to play as.
>>
>>3286410
>Nope, its quite badly designed
How so? I remember it being quite satisfying in this regard. Being hard isn't a valid argument. I was able to beat Magneto with Wolverine, Beast and Gambit and it wasn't that hard considering it lets you use multiple lives (AND characters) for the matter.
>>
>>3286410
> is one of those dick games that n order to see the ending, you must not use continues or passwords!
So the game rewards you for doing good?
I see no problem with this.
That was some tasty bait
>>
>>3286410
>Mutant Apocalypse
>Magneto is the main villain

you know I don't expect Capcom to be experts on X-men lore but this seriously needed some more thought put into the scenario
>>
>>3286709
Well, he isn't exactly treated as a villain in the plot. He served as the "he had good intentions" archetype of the game. It's kinda weird how Apocalypse comes before him, though.
>>
>see this thread
>remember seeing death of X on front page
>open thread
>cyclops dead
>wolverine dead
>professor x dead for long time now
Slowpoke here
So which X-men are still alive?
How much of the 80s and 90s team have been killed off?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.