[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be the best way to emulate Symphony of the Night?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 1404931881051.jpg (668 KB, 1074x1385) Image search: [Google]
1404931881051.jpg
668 KB, 1074x1385
What would be the best way to emulate Symphony of the Night? To be the closest to the original game as possible? I'm using ePSXe 1.9.0

I don't think I've touched the game since it came out on the original Playstation, so I'm aiming for the most genuine experience possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Castlevania thread too, I guess
>>
>>3285723
I've been trying to do the exact same thing lately, maybe someone else would have some good insight but I wasn't able to get a good experience. I ended up just buying a copy on eBay, because I can always sell it later for the same price.
>>
Depends what you consider "genuine".

If you don't mind playing it on handheld, the PSP version is the most complete in english, and has the option to have japanese voices with subs.

If emulators is all you have, the psp emulator can run dracula x chronicles which is where SOTN psp ver. is.
>>
>>3285723
Don't use epsxe for starters, it's redundant. Use Mednafen, and output it to a SD CRT using crt emudriver.
>>
>>3285825
>that feel when visiting /vr/ for first time
>that feel when I thought epsxe was good
>secret of mana and FFT are fun with mapped controller.
>realize i am pleb.
>>
>>3285834
we're just here to criticize each others' ways of playing old video games.
>>
>>3285723

Buy a PSP, hack it, and play the original PS1 eboot
>>
It is a very popular game so basically every single emulator will work for it.

Mednafen in Retroarch has an option to remove bottlenecks, which removes slowdown in the game. So there's that.

The PSP version is good too. PPSSPP emulator.
>>
>>3285767
>the psp emulator can run dracula x chronicles which is where SOTN psp ver. is.
>>3285914
>The PSP version is good too.
I hear the corny voice overs added to the charm of the original PSX version and that they were taken out or changed for the PSP version. I guess it's something I could live without if the game is still more or less the same?
>>
File: wakamoto.jpg (114 KB, 500x460) Image search: [Google]
wakamoto.jpg
114 KB, 500x460
>>3286068

The corny voice acting is only funny at the beginning for the whole "WHAT IS A MAN" quote, but overall it's better to have the original japanese voice cast with english subs. Also PSP version brings back the familiars that were removed from the US version plus playable Maria.
>>
>>3286136
The only reason why you would ever want to play this undubbed. Period.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.