[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Despair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: 1465668272566.png (112 KB, 500x557) Image search: [Google]
1465668272566.png
112 KB, 500x557
>Fallout 2
>Oil rig
>Go in all guns blazing
>Realize they aren't hostile to you when wearing power armor
>Too late, already quicksaved
>The earlier save dates to when I just entered New Reno
>Oh well, the XP's worth it anyway
>Barely make it past the prison
>Pass diguised in the other floors
>Convince a scientist to unleash the FEV inside the base
>Go to the reactor level
>Try to convince another scientist to blow up the reactor for me
>He won't talk to me, he's panicking because of the FEV
>I have no explosives on me to overload the reactor
>My science is too low
>mfw about 100 hours lost helping every single town and character to get the best ending
>All down the drain
>>
Sorry for your loss
>>
>>3285602
thanks I guess
>>
>didn't save for over 100 hours
entirely your fault. You can use a save editor if you're desperate
>>
>mfw about 100 hours lost
How? I'd seen everything the game has to offer at around 30 hrs
>>
>>3285662
Well I guess I shouldn't only quicksaved one slot
>>3285673
I did all the quests I could, and mind I have the restoration project mod installed
>>
>>3285676
After one game, I'm not sure which - maybe Deus Ex? - ate my quicksave once, costing me couple hours of play, I have a habit of making a rolling save system where I use all availible slots in sequence and if a save is minor change, save on the old slots - so I have ability to go back quite while back if I need.
I do it with pretty much every non-linear game, up to this day.

If I'm playing multiple sessions/with someone else using same computer and there is no profile system, I divide availible slots to playthroughs. If there is infinite amount of saves, I decide on a maximum amount (usually about 20) and start overwriting the old ones so I don't clog up the menu, and also it's a habit because Deus Ex saves were able to get quite large so I did that to save HDD space.

Might sound ritualistic, but if games allows saving at any time (or really, multiple saves in the same game at all), I do it instintcually.
>>
Hack yourself an item, genius. There are a bunch of tools for this exact purpose
>>
>>3285676
>he played it with the Fuck Everything Up patch for his first playthrough

You deserved this. Scorch the install directory, reinstall the actual game and do not install fanfiction mod trash because some giant gay neckbeard who hates speech checks, walk speed and melee combat and thinks 10% of a finished module is enough to "restore" it says he "fixed" it.
>>
>>3286182
>After one game, I'm not sure which - maybe Deus Ex? - ate my quicksave once, costing me couple hours of play, I have a habit of making a rolling save system
I do the same shit for the exact same reason. I forget the game, but I had gotten far and was almost to the end when something fucked everything. After that, rolling save file system. I do it out of habit these days, though I rarely see a benefit to it anymore.
>>
>>3286191
Hacking in explosives is bugged af, they tick but don't explode
>>3286209
wew lad, it's fun anyway
>>
Who cares, you know how it ends don't you
>>
>>3287350
no, but I know there is gonna be an intense fight
>>
File: Big Dank Frank.png (501 KB, 803x414) Image search: [Google]
Big Dank Frank.png
501 KB, 803x414
>>3285571
Don't worry anon, your shit build would've been stomped out by ol' Frank anyway.
>>
>>3287369
He's overrated.
>>
File: Frank Dank.jpg (209 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
Frank Dank.jpg
209 KB, 750x422
>>3287371
Unless he brought the maximum amount of companions he would've gotten shitstomped.
>>
>>3287375
With the help of the Enclave squad and Turrets he's easy Tbh
>>
File: Frank You're not a hero.jpg (887 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Frank You're not a hero.jpg
887 KB, 1280x720
>>3287378
No science, no turrets. OP Would've been fucked.
>>
>>3287381
But don't the turrets activate with the presidential pass ?
>>
>>3287384
You don't know that you need the presidential pass without having science. A low science score only lists J.Smith as users and doesn't let you access the Counter Insurgency Protocol line either.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.