[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stuff you used to do while playing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: 1443146885742.png (529 KB, 706x608) Image search: [Google]
1443146885742.png
529 KB, 706x608
I used to watch the entire credits roll for any/all games in fear that if I turned it off then it wouldn't save my game.
>>
>>3285216
Sometimes it wouldn't.
>>
>>3285216
I watched them in fear that i would miss on extra content,unlocks or message from the developers.
I miss that in modern games.
>>
>save
>save game again
>save it again just in case
>check save
>save
>save save save save
>>
>>3285528
Only in Pokemon, for some reason.
>>
>>3285216
Am I the only one who watched credits simply for the enjoyment of it? There's a great satisfaction to sitting back and watching it after beating a game, especially since game composers seem to put more effort into credits music than film composers.
>>
>>3285216
I used to pause games before I turned them off.

I don't know what the point of that was but I always did it.
>>
>>3286176
Hell yeah Man
SMW credits and Yoshi's Island credits were the best. Dkc too
>>
>>3286176
SoR2 is my fave ending
>>
>>3286176
I do now but not as a kid
>>
>>3286176
Depends on the credits. If they present information about the game itself like in DKC, Mario Bros 2, Mario World, etc., then I gladly watched the whole thing.
>>
>>3286747
>present information about the game itself
like, who made it?
>>
Tapping the buttons real fast when starting a game to bypass the cutscenes and logos
>>
>>3285250
>>3285528
>>3286176
>>3286759

> Leaving the console on when made some progress before saves were a thing
> Striking cool poses for the level accomplished pause.
> Finishing the game on all difficulty levels and then some more with different costumes
> Whispering swears and multilingual swears and nonsensical catch phrases over and over in some sequence when shit gets real. Examples would be "bitch shit fuck cunt" (shit before bitch sounds better, but doesn't make sense, since shit is much stronger than bitch and belongs between bitch and fuck), "fuck blyad'", "spidey-midey spider shmuck-fuck cuck over the barrel" when playing spiderman
>>
>>3286725
God I hope pic is unrelated
>>
>>3286749
no, he was referring to how those games featured all of the enemies in the game and their names.

Come to think of it that seems a popular thing in the early 90s. I can think of Mario World, Doom, and Donkey Kong Country all doing that. Were there any other games which did this?
>>
File: orangutan.jpg (73 KB, 720x709) Image search: [Google]
orangutan.jpg
73 KB, 720x709
>thank you for playing
>>
>>3287314
>And... You
>>
>>3287285
Undertale
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.