[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Semi-Retro or Proto-Modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: Nuon-N2000-wController-L.jpg (4 MB, 5940x2660) Image search: [Google]
Nuon-N2000-wController-L.jpg
4 MB, 5940x2660
Is this considered Retro?
What if something is proto-modern?

This thing was going to be some ridiculous multimedia gaming console and tried too much way too soon, without the proper tools and proper developers behind it.

I was almost afraid to post about it because I'm sure some E-Celeb will make a video on it now.
>>
>Korean trash heap console
>Is it retro or proto modern.

It's garbage.
>>
I think that sort of thing flies under the radar and is allowed due to not having anywhere else to post about.

Was this thing ever released? I vaugely recall some DVDs advertising they had interactive games but it was usually just a hidden easter egg in the menu
>>
Wikipedia says gen 6, so I'm guessing no.

But if we are going to talk about failed consoles anyway, HOWABOUT THAT PHANTOM?

What *really* irked me was infinium actually tried to sue someone for "defamation". And then couldn't even pony up the documents the judge wanted and essentially auto-lost. Fucking pieces of shit.
>>
>>3285130
>Korean trash heap console

It's American. Samsung was making DVD players.
>>
>>3285118
I've never heard of this before.
Apparently it was majorly hyped in the late 90s as being the next big thing and was called "Project X." There was a time when PS1, Dreamcast, N64 were out/competing that they were worried about "Project X" coming.

It has Tempest 3000, which, I didn't know even existed. Looks fucking good, too.
>>
>>3285173
>Fire Emblem 5000x5000 fag again, in every fucking thread that mentions "retro"

I'm tired of you. Stop posting. Please just go away holy shit.

No one has fucking heard of this thing, it has nothing to do with being a certain age.

>>3285176
>Nuon is a technology developed by VM Labs that adds features to a DVD player.

>VM Labs was a semiconductor and platform company, founded in 1995 in Los Altos, California.
>>
>>3285176
>kid
This is a good troll identifier.
The person clearly said Nuon was American, but Samsung was the DVD player manufacturer.
>>
File: interlacedchen.gif (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
interlacedchen.gif
55 KB, 500x500
>>3285178
>VM Labs was a semiconductor and platform company, founded in 1995 in Los Altos, California.
>shit all to do with samsung.

Also a few people have been using those 5000x5000 pics. You can too.
>>
>>3285131
Yeah, it had two models I believe, or three. One was Korean, the others were American. And it has 8 games. 3 of which are actually "playable" and unique to the system, one of which is the only game worth owning, Tempest 3000.

>>3285139
Never heard of Phantom.
>>
>>3285190
what is it with Tempest and ending up with good versions on systems that failed to catch on?
>>
>>3285198
Jeff Minter makes poor choices often
>>
>>3285118
>I was almost afraid to post about it because I'm sure some E-Celeb will make a video on it now.
So what if someone does?
>>
>>3285208
it's an unfortunate trend that whenever an e-celeb, especially a prominent one, makes a video highlighting their love for a game, that the game immediately jumps in overall demand, which causes a noticeable price spike. You can literally look up the date that a Game Grumps video for a game came out, look up that date on VG price charts, and see a spike in the value.
>>
>>3285208
E-Celebs are destroying any hope of affordable retro gaming, because they are making "TV shows" for a massive crowd of dumbass, uninformed, low information gamers who go back to buy an old system they played once as a kid or that was part of their "childhood" and then they just shit on it or just have it sit there and it drives up prices both by taking the games and consoles out of circulation, and by creating an artificial demand because someone online with 2 million views talked about it.
>>
>>3285208
It's a known fact E-Celebs browse /vr/. No doubt someone is looking now and sees this and is like
>HMM, I CAN GET 2 MILLION VIEWS OFF OF THIS AND MAKE FUNNY COMMENTS AND VIDEO GAME REFERENCES WITH ANIME SWEAT DROPS IN MY VIDEO
>>
>>3285118
>am i able to read the sticky?
Apparently not.
Personally don't care that it's barely outside the rules. Thing was a turd and not worth talking about anyway.
>>
>>3286628
>Apparently not.
>Personally don't care that it's barely outside the rules. Thing was a turd and not worth talking about anyway.

So your reason for bumping this 12 hours after the last response, was...?
>>
>>3285118
>>3285208
Already happened famalam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lpViVaMtrM
>>
>>3286641
That's not a mainstream e-celeb, and his review is really well done.
>>
>>3286631
To trigger an underage autistic faggot. Mission accomplished.
>>
>>3285118
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuon_(DVD_technology)
Nuon is retro. It technically did hit the market at some point.

It died in the cradle since VM labs was trying to sell a standard and hardware manufacturers were just being complete assholes and trying to rip the rights and patents out of the company.

It was practically the 3DO all over again without the reference console to keep manufacturers in line.
>>
File: retard alert.png (111 KB, 815x458) Image search: [Google]
retard alert.png
111 KB, 815x458
>>3286781
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuon_(DVD_technology)
>Release date: Early 2000
>Nuon is retro
Pic very related
>>
>>3285203
>Not Tempestâ„¢ on the vita
>does phone games now

Man he can't catch a break can he.
>>
>>3285118
Holy shit the Koreans were ripping off Sidewinders back then. Still looks like ass.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.