[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey all, I've been trying for the last few weeks to copy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: 4986_front[1].jpg (142 KB, 500x698) Image search: [Google]
4986_front[1].jpg
142 KB, 500x698
Hey all, I've been trying for the last few weeks to copy my N64 cart saves to my computer so that I could load them into my everdrive64 (and then proceed to sell my original carts since I won't need them anymore).

I've been trying the method talked about on AssemblerGames where you use a Passport Plus 3 to read the cart data and copy it to a controller pak, then copy that controller pak data to an SD card via the ED64, and then use a hex code editor to cut the game save data out of the controller pak data and insert it into a dummy save file for the game you want.

The problem I'm running into is that my memory cards are not being read correctly. I can copy almost all of my game's save files (save for SRAM games unfortunately) without any issue. I successfully did this already for Mario Party 2. Anymore however, the copies are not working as expected. I can delete all data off the controller pak with an in-game editor, or I can even format it with ED64, but the result still seems to be residual data on the pak, and it seems that the copies are not working as a result. Or alternatively, the data isn't being copied at all now, and it's just stuck with the same garbage data.

Is there anything I can do to fix this matter? The only thing I've thought of in the span of writing this post is to try saving more data to it and then deleting it, or alternatively, making an empty 32kb file (all 0s) and writing it to the controller pak. I'm not above buying a new controller pak if need be.
>>
Why waste your time? Just play vidya again.
>>
>>3284915
I intend to do that with some games. It's just that for games like Mario Tennis for example, I remember the experience of 100%ing it as being great fun but ultimately really time-consuming. I'd rather keep my records/unlockables as is and use my free time to play other games that I haven't already played a lot.
>>
>>3284987
Get a gameshark then, it'll have the same effect.
>>
>>3284987

So whats the issue here?

If you aren't going to play Mario Tennis very often why do you need the 100%?
>>
>>3285005
unlocks, I don't want to boot it up to find I don't have star power on everybody, all courts unlocked, etc.

I suppose it might be better to go with >>3284990 at this point though, I'll spend as much time trying to transfer data as I will in just using GS to get all unlocks on the ED64.
>>
>>3285019
The original cart is way more reliable than the everdrive. Maybe you should just keep it, especially if you're getting emotionally attached over a stupid save file.
>>
>>3285026
well one bonus on the ED is I can just copy all my save files to my computer for backup as well.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.