[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>If people were purchasing Saturn because they felt like they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: ever.png (630 KB, 942x638) Image search: [Google]
ever.png
630 KB, 942x638
>If people were purchasing Saturn because they felt like they could get 10 years worth of gameplay out of it with sufficient gameplay innovation over that period of time, I would say those people were probably disappointed

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>3284038
sega was cycling through units too quickly
>>
>>3284038
She didnt know you could import saturn games increasing the library 10x times over.
>>
>>3284038
She meant the Saturn failed and Bernie Stolar put pressure on Sega of Japan to discontinue it and push the Dreamcast out faster.
>>
>>3284038
Sarah Palin's Sister worked for sega?

What is the sauce of pic?
>>
>>3284142
It's from G4 Icons' Dreamcast episode.
>>
>>3284142
>sarah palin
what
She was an upper level Sega executive.
>>
>>3284063

Enjoy your 9000 shitty anime shooters.
>>
>>3284979
Saying this doesn't make those games not exist. The import library is their whether you like it or not.
>>
>>3284982
How about the fact that the console was already too expensive? What about the pal regions that couldn't play 60hz games? what about the language barrier? So it was a great system for people who had a lot of money, spoke japanese and had access to a bootloader? Yeah, that's a really large swathe of people, what a great console.
>>
>>3284989
>BAAAAAAAW

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>3284992
Nice ad hominem, but do you have an actual retort?
>>
>>3284996
It doesn't retort my retort. Regardless of the hurdles the import games still exist, which is much better than not existing at all.
>>
>>3285000
You're retorded.
>>
>>3285002
Better than having a saturn hate bone stuck in your ass all the time. What do you have against the console?
>>
>>3285002
>Retorded
>not Retorted
>>
>>3285006
I legitimatelly love the saturn, I just know objectively it was a horrible system, the hardware was completely ass backwards and overpriced, the dev kits had no documentation and the system couldn't even do simple things like Transparency or fully rendered 3d backgrounds. At the time of production there was no good reason to pick up a saturn, it's only saving grace now is the modern convenience of piracy and the low price point of the hardware.
>>
>>3285007
Damn it that is way better, fuck.
>>
>>3284038
What console actually had 10 years worth of gameplay and innovation over that time? Atari 2600? The games were mostly the same over it's lifetime.
>>
>>3285013
Xbox 360 made it 10 years, I don't know about innovation though, 360 gen always felt like it was mostly about refining mechanics and systems (particularly online systems and leveling skinnerboxes).
>>
>>3285016
MOTION CONTROLS
>>
>>3285017
Except the eyetoy was already a thing like 7 years before that. To be fair nintendo were kind of right, motion controls are still being refined for use in Vr, thought I honestly don't think VR is going to be a lasting product, at least not in the gaming space.
>>
>>3285025
>eyetoy
You forgot the Dreamcasts Camera, mayne.
>>
>>3285062
Did that have movement based games? I thought the dreameye was just like, a webcam? The samba De Amigo maracas and the sega bass fishing rod definitely count as motion controls though.
>>
>>3285064
Oh
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.