[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why were Europeans so bad at designing shmups? (except for SWIV)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: eurotrashemup.png (32 KB, 321x256) Image search: [Google]
eurotrashemup.png
32 KB, 321x256
Why were Europeans so bad at designing shmups? (except for SWIV)
>>
File: apidya for commodore amiga.png (219 KB, 602x440) Image search: [Google]
apidya for commodore amiga.png
219 KB, 602x440
>>3283752
how 2 draw manga.
>>
>>3283752
>there are people who exist that unironically defend Euroshmups

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w025kQRMZwA
>>
>>3283752
What's wrong with having a shield? I never played this game, though.
>>
>>3283789
you're not supposed to have health in an STG.
>>
>>3283752
are you somehow implying that american shmups were better?
>>
>>3283809
No, he's implying Japanese shmups are the best shmups.
>>
>>3283752
I've never played this game before but that looks like a Bitmap Brothers game just from the use of ugly green n orange
>>
Only autistics are so concerned about what they think a shmup should be, you can spot these people calling them stgs
>>
>>3283865
STG is the corrent name. Just like belt scroller.
>>
>>3283865

>>>/v/
>>
>>3283871
Okay I dont really care you do though thats autistic
>>
weeb shmup fans have Rainman screeching fits over anything even slightly different from their routine
>>
>>3283883
This.
>>
>>3283883
Weebshmup fans are also good at the games, unlike Euroshmup fans.
>>
>>3283752
True. Like the Xenon games I used to think were good as a kid but I later realised they were actually a massive pile of dogshit.
>>
>>3283837
And the (admittedly nice) embossed panelling. But I don't know what this game is, it's not Xenon that's for sure and the Bitmap Bros didn't do any other spaceship shooters - just the pretty ace Chaos Engine (Soldiers Of Fortune in USA).
>>
>>3283905
No youre not you faggots are on the same tier as doom babbies lmao
>>
>>3283915
>uses Doombabby as an insult
>needs a healthbar in his shmups

You are literally retarded. You would like weebshmups if you could only git gud.
>>
>>3283905
>>>/vg/shmupg

Back to your containment thread, dickface.
>>
>>3283918
I do like weebshmups you fucking autistic faggot. I like all games I am not someone who starts hyperventilating because a shmup has a healthbar its still a good game if its balanced around it, some games are not and they arent that good but some games are and it works in their favour. Having a healthbar is not relevent to how easy or hard it is because the game will be balanced around mechanics it implements. I am sorry any shmup that isnt space invaders with scrolling causes you to have a mental breakdown.
>>
>>3283865
>"""shmup"""
>not autistic
choose one
>>
>>3283962
shmup is the opposite of autism kiddo. Any retarded OCD sperg would have a freakout for not using proper abbreviations like STG
>>
File: 51202_front[1].jpg (28 KB, 475x347) Image search: [Google]
51202_front[1].jpg
28 KB, 475x347
>>3283871
>STG
Anyone ever play this pile of wank?
>>
>Shoo-Ting Game

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>3283789 Lifebars in STGs are generally a sign that the game is not well designed and the the designers expect the player to soak up unavoidable damage, which goes against the design principles of the genre.
>>
>>3283752
They're also bad at making platformers.
>>3283804
>STG
Fuck off shoo ting idiot.
>>
>>3283914
The hud just screams Chaos Engine, made me think of the bitmaps
>>
>>3284045
>goes against my autistic views of what a game should be

Funny how you can never provide examples of unavoidable damage
>>
>>3284190
>>3283914
>>3283837
Game Theory: Were the Bitmap Brothers actually brothers?
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.