[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Remakes not HD Remix BS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: remakes general.jpg (34 KB, 613x237) Image search: [Google]
remakes general.jpg
34 KB, 613x237
Ok. So Im not of the opinion that remakes are a good thing. I dislike most of them. (movies, even music covers) People tend to remake things that are already perfect. I'm of the opinion that only flawed, or outdated games should get an overhaul. Not a blotchy (shitty filter) "HD" upgrade. Those are atrocious. I'm talking about outright modernizing the game outright. Pic Related. It's 2 that fall into my category.
>Blood Omen
Great atmosphere. The dreariness of Nosgoth is front and center. From the ominous lighting down to the impeccable voice acting. The Feel of the will be very hard to match. However, the gameplay itself is rather unplayable. I would love to see this get a modern remake. Something A-la Dark Souls.
>Phantasy Star III
Now as far as Ideas go, this game is like a Wonderful suede jacket. Then in application it's like filling the jacket with baby frogs, and smashing it against the wall over and over again. I'm not really into RPG games at this point. But if there ever was a game that needs finishing is this beast right here.
/vr/ What say yee? And any other ideas?
>>
>A-la Dark Souls
C'mon now, that wouldn't fit at all. Blood Omen doesn't need a remake, if anything Defiance needs a sequel.
>>
I just realized I never actually played Legacy of Kain and the only game in the series i did play was Soul Reaver
>>
>>3283514
Blood Omen could have used some balancing and polish, but it's nowhere near unplayable. In fact, exploring is pretty fun and satisfying, and so are the dungeons due to their emphasis on avoiding traps etc. I replayed it a few months ago and thought it was excellent. Not perfect, but very good at what it does. By far the best game in the series.

I don't think Defiance really needs a sequel, either. Especially not now.
>>
>>3284569

Then how is the story going to be finished?
>>
>>3284627
does it have to be?
>>
>>3284627
Defiance definitely has some loose ends, and there's technically room for a sequel (I wonder how the canceled sequel would have turned out), but on a thematic level I think it was pretty complete. Everybody finally embraced their roles and saw through the Elder God's machinations, and Kain has the tools to fight back. That's the core of the story. The fact there is "hope" is a good enough ending, I think.

I think the story fell to total shit with SR2 anyway, and the gameplay matched.
>>
Deer Lord, this world definitely needs more Phantasy Star. So much potential...
>>
File: next.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
next.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
>Blood Omen is unplayable
Next.
>>
>>3284703
My thoughts exactly.

Seriously OP, wtf?
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.