[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Apologize.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: simon's quest.jpg (43 KB, 329x484) Image search: [Google]
simon's quest.jpg
43 KB, 329x484
Apologize.
>>
>>3283469
I'm sorry you were a wasted slot in the classic franchise
>>
I'm sorry that you're too autistic to deal with a game that tried to defy convention.
>>
>>3283550

It just tried to sell more Nintendo Power.
>>
>>3283613
>he didn't beat it blind
What a casual-ass motherfucker.
>>
>>3283469
It's a great game if you play it with the redaction hack. I actually managed to get far as a kid without a guide, but it was a quite painful task.
>>
>>3283613
A cryptic NES game you needed Nintendo Power to beat

Wow, how weird
>>
>>3283469
This meme belongs in >>>/v/
>>
>>3283469
For what? I've always liked it. I don't watch that angry unfunny nintendo show or whatever it's called.
>>
File: HxH_c353_p03.jpg (374 KB, 784x1145) Image search: [Google]
HxH_c353_p03.jpg
374 KB, 784x1145
>>3283469

could have been godly. best music. great environment. ambitious concept.

but unforgiveable design flaws. absolutely unforgiveable pieces that ruin the rest
>>
File: 1310560518561.jpg (19 KB, 341x487) Image search: [Google]
1310560518561.jpg
19 KB, 341x487
>>3284084
>I don't watch that angry unfunny nintendo show or whatever it's called.
>>
Back then they really tried to do something different with the sequel. They had this crazy idea that people wanted original ideas instead of just more of the same bullshit forever.
>>
>>3283928
This desu

I like what CV2 was going for, but it was horrendously executed. A terrible English translation didn't help, either.
>>
It was an expansive open ended game that unfortunately had Castlevania platforming and combat.
>>
>>3284375
Nah. It would have been totally fine with all those in tact, it just needed to lose the RPG tedium and direct the player better.
>>
>>3284379
True, but the slower movement of the games didn't exactly help either. It's not like Metroid with its huge spinny floaty jumps.
>>
>>3284384
You're right about that. Having less stiff movement probably would've taken out some of the aforementioned tedium in the RPG elements.
>>
>>3283469

I apologize for nothing. That game was great.
>>
>>3283624
No one did without being on the spectrum.
>>
I'm sorry that you were terribly padded, and rushed.
>>
>>3285330
>if you're good at games you have autism
Love this meme.
>>
>>3285330
It was not released for the Spectrum
>>
File: spectral-interlude.png (16 KB, 536x408) Image search: [Google]
spectral-interlude.png
16 KB, 536x408
>>3285771
However, the best Castlevania game was.
>>
>>3285779
Woah. I didn't know that. Thanks.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.