[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember playing Ultima VI for SNES when I was like six years
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Ultima6.jpg (138 KB, 641x401) Image search: [Google]
Ultima6.jpg
138 KB, 641x401
I remember playing Ultima VI for SNES when I was like six years old. Never got very far in it, but I really liked it, and I would sometimes play my stepdad's save file, being very careful never to save over it.

More recently, I've played stuff like Ultima 1 & 2, Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Arcanum. But I'd like to get into the genuinely OLD school cRPGs like Ultima, Wizardry, and so on.

What's a very gentle introduction to those kinds of games for someone coming from late 90s/early 2000s RPGs?

Top down and first person are both fine. I prefer turn-based.
>>
>>3283062
>Ultima 1 & 2,
I think you mean Fallout 1&2.
Stop thinking too much about things and just do it.
>>
>>3283062
Wizardry is good. If you dosbox it (very likely) I really recommend upping the speed of it to high levels, because the game is sloooooowwwww.
>>
>>3283161
You mean Wizardry 6 or 7? You can also speed them up by turning off the sound.
>>
>>3283123
I do mean Fallout 1 & 2.
>>3283161
Yeah, I tend to use Dosbox. Thanks.
>>3283224
Thanks for the tip.
>>
>>3283161
The SNES port of 5 is actually really, really fucking fast, definitely fast enough to justify dealing with dumb censorship. Pretty sure the 1-3 bundle is the same way.
>>
>>3284594
Wizardry 1-5 are generally fast aside from the Apple II.
What's the point of dealing with censorship when you could just play the Japanese version which comes with English options and a lot less censorship?
>>
>>3284613
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb2vkBfradc

Look at how fast it's taking inputs
>>
>>3283062
Eye of the beholder? Might and magic 4 ? Bards tale?
>>
>>3283062
Any of the Wizardry, Gold Box, or Bard's Tale games. If you go for GB, care to play them in the correct order so you can take your party to the next game.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.