[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are there some 3D action/adventure games that have that colorful,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: dragon-quest-ix-ds-art.jpg (211 KB, 1200x744) Image search: [Google]
dragon-quest-ix-ds-art.jpg
211 KB, 1200x744
Are there some 3D action/adventure games that have that colorful, grand adventure feel like my Shonen animes.
For the PS1 in particular?
The only reference for what I'm looking for are the DQMJ games on the DS, not retro yes, but as I've noted it's a reference for what I'm looking for.
In fact I'd say much of the art for Dragon Quest has the aesthetic and feel of what I'm referring to, but as I've also noted, I'm partial to a more 3D action/adventure game and not a turn-based RPG, however RPG elements are okay.
>>
>>3282063
Try the mega man legends games.
>>
>>3282158
Have MM64 and really like that, even though its probably the most inferior version of the game.
>>
>>3282163
If you have a ps3, they're all three on sale for a pretty good price.

Or was that last week?
>>
>>3282202
nah I ain't got one, but thanks for the info.
>>
File: musashi.jpg (85 KB, 797x597) Image search: [Google]
musashi.jpg
85 KB, 797x597
>>3282063
Brave Fencer Musashi probably has the vibe you're looking for. It's a bright adventure game from Squaresoft with a fun enemy skill capturing mechanic.
>>
>>3282269
been meaning to pick up a copy for the longest time but never run into it.
I assume prices aren't too bad but probably a bit much than what I'm willing to pay.
thanks for the rec
>>
>>3282294
Yeah I guess its gotten up in price, you can sometimes find it without the FF8 demo for cheaper and unless you're a really anal collector the demo is pretty much worthless.
>>
File: Tomba-04.png (336 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Tomba-04.png
336 KB, 1280x960
Tomba. Surprise, another PS1 game!
>>
>>3282657
Another game I was thinking about when I made this thread.
>>
>>3282063
Star ocean 2?
>>
>OP Plays Dragon Warrior 7
>OP is never seen again
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.