[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw no Virtual Boy games for the 3DS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: warioland-vb-3ds.png (222 KB, 600x528) Image search: [Google]
warioland-vb-3ds.png
222 KB, 600x528
>tfw no Virtual Boy games for the 3DS
>>
What's the best VB emulator?
>>
>>3280954
Nintendontgiveashit
>>
>>3280961
Mednafen.
>>
File: 0b4.jpg (122 KB, 500x707) Image search: [Google]
0b4.jpg
122 KB, 500x707
>>3280954
There's only 10 or so games for the Virtual Boy. Making an emulator for it is not worth the costs associated with actual development of 3DS emulation.
>>
>>3280954
The Virtual Boy has approximately 2 or 3 MUST PLAY games. The rest are average to terribly bad.

Recreating the games requires money and effort. You can't just make Wario Land for the VB in 3D. You have to redo the entire look of the game and the way it plays. Virtual Boy wasn't "3D", it had a foreground and background display with two mirrors.
>>
>>3281332
>It had a foreground and background display

That really doesn't seem much different from how the 3DS works either way tho
>>
>>3281332
>another fanboy defending nintendos stupidity with more stupity
1. there are already emulators
2. its basically just a stereoscopic widescreen gameboy
3. mednafen emulator lets you choose between cyan magenta, red blue, etc. 3d glasses.
4. fans have moded the emulator for nvidia 3d vision
5. newest mods are for oculus

> Recreating the games requires money and effort.
> You can't just make Wario Land for the VB in 3D.
not really, you see even private persons can mod an emu for oculus rift.
if you have stereoscopy, it's easy to convert it to your desired stereoscopic output format/platform. nintendo could do this in a handshake, but they dont care because they are flopping.
>>
>>3281350
>Nintendo is flopping

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets this impressions. The Wii U is pretty much Gamecube HD with the way all these re-releases are going, and that doesn't even matter since they already confirmed their next console.
>>
>>3281350
>but they dont care because they are flopping.

F
>>
>>3280954
Just emulate it on PC. Id say get a VB but theres so few games.
Theres always game boy
>>
>>3281350
The emulators don't replicate the look or feel of the game. Not even fucking remotely similar in style or feel. You have no clue how it looks or feels until you actually stick your head in the Virtual Boy and enter the world. Trust me, it's not just a fucking normal display that's red.

I don't like Nintendo as much as you claim I do, I primarily play all systems.

once again, just "copying" or trying to "recreate the look" in 3D isn't doing the game justice.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.