[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you play PS1 games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: playstation-1995-1[1].jpg (46 KB, 616x347) Image search: [Google]
playstation-1995-1[1].jpg
46 KB, 616x347
So I recently picked up a PS from goodwill for $7, and I still play my old games from when I was a teenager, but for years I have played them on my PS2.
Is it actually worth me finding shelf space for this PS1 or is just playing them on my PS2 just as good?
>>
PS2 is the same thing. If you have an SCPH-90000 (slim with built in power) you can set fast disc mode and speed up loading, personally I think that feature alone makes it worth it. Plus you get a DVD player, all the PS2 games and the consoles are dirt cheap. That plus a modchip is godlike.

The original is only needed for a few games that don't run on PS2 (Tomba, FF Anthology, one of the Mortal Kombat games come to mind) or if you insist on nostalgia.
>>
>>3280312
All PS2s have fast disc mode.
>>
so I take it one of the reasons the PS never shot up in value was because there has been other ways to play its library, with little to no difference in game play.
>>
>>3280445
That and they're everywhere. PS2s aren't really valuable either for the same reason.
>>
>>3280312
>Tomba
Fuck.
>>
>>3280281
Yeah its more retro which makes it better
>>
>>3280327
Well fuck me, I heard it was something they added in the 90000 series.

>>3280678
There's a way around it, you just let the entire intro movie play out instead of skipping it and it'll work fine.
>>
File: 1453990671293.jpg (43 KB, 872x701) Image search: [Google]
1453990671293.jpg
43 KB, 872x701
Is PSX on PS2 /vr/?
>>
>>3280898
It outputs original resolution so yeah.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.