[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vectorman!!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: vectorman4_display.jpg (134 KB, 500x366) Image search: [Google]
vectorman4_display.jpg
134 KB, 500x366
>Be 90's
>Little me reading my uncles Gamepro
>Vectorman!!
>"Woah dose grafix"
>"LOOK AT THOSE 2D LIGHTING EFFECTS"
>Can't wait to rent this shit!!
>Blockbuster
>Just get Sonic 2 for the billionth time
>Never play Vectorman
>Years pass
>28 now, 3 kids, loving wife
>Vectorman $4
> "FUCK YEAH"
>Get home, slam that shit in the genny
>Start up screen
>Looks like balls flying out of my face into the center of a spinning 3D "V" while sick ass cyber-rape music plays
>Stay current on videogames but my mind is being blown, cant wait
>Story slides start playing, ending with Vectorman stepping off his ship looking like a fucking boss
>"Day 1: Terraport"
>"AWWWWWW YEEEAAAAH"
>Sick ass sweeping electronica is pumping my veins and cock
>Immediately run into enemy
>Half dead already
>"Oh gotta shoot!!"
>"BOO-BOO-BOO!!!"
>pretty loud sound effect
>enemy still alive
>"BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO"
>finally dead
>take off running
>4 purple dragonfly's fly into my mouth
>i'm dead
>title screen
>options
>no sound effect slider for audio, cannot adjust
>start new game
>"BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO"
>making progress
>No real direction, No way to anticipate hazards or enemies
>Jumping off ledges hoping to not land on an enemy while I have 1 piece of life
>Dieing non stop
>Can't even hear the cool music over BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO-BOO!
>Oh the hanging TV's are powerups...
>BOO-BOO-BOO: The Game
>Get one cool drill powerup that can only be used in a particular spot then goes away
>why
>Get to pussy ass plane boss
>Day 2: BOO-BOO-BOO
>Honestly didn't even know what the fuck was going on in this level until the second time I tried.

This fucking game disappointed me. discuss.
>>
>>3279064
The visuals made it feel way better back in the day but I get what your saying. I like the first two stages and that's about it. The sequel isn't much better if I remember right.
>>
That would be a perfect mod idea, op.
>>
>>3279064
>This fucking game disappointed me. discuss.

Got bored with your greentext mid way through so don't know what you're bitching about, but I always liked that game. Anyways this is a good case of why I recommend trying a game emulated before buying it if you're not sure.
>>
I played it recently and it seemed pretty fun, like Sonic meters mega man or something. Could use rapid fire, though.

>>3279080
Then again, I didn't reach level 3.
>>
>>3279064
Explore the levels and play the game for more than 5 fucking minutes before you judge it. The way you make it sound, you couldn't figure out Mario World either.

And how stupid do you have to be to not realize that the TVs are powerups when you checked the Options, which has an INFORMATION SCREEN that tells you what every item in the game does.
>>
>>3279227
>2016
>Not going to options and then information screen

It's like you don't even play games
>>
>>3279064

You sound more boring than the game.
>>
>>3279064
How the fuck did you die in the first level? Or be confused by it? I bought and beat the game on the same day, only losing a couple lives late game (when I had plenty to spare). I think you waited too long to play this one, buddy.
>>
>>3279064
Now you know why this game never made it big.
>>
>>3280210

Except it did. It got rave reviews and got a sequel in fucking 96.
>>
>>3279064
There's a reason it was only 4 dollars.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.