[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
consoles without any internet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: consoles.jpg (32 KB, 360x288) Image search: [Google]
consoles.jpg
32 KB, 360x288
What consoles there that can not connect to the Internet in any way?
totally free internet consoles, and all come complete games (without any DLC or pay to win)

there is only local multiplayer (from a single console)
and without internet Peripheral
>>
>>3277791
NES
Game Gear
TG-16
Lynx
Jaguar
Atari 7800
Gameboy
Nintendo 64
Neo Geo
Neo Geo CD
Neo Geo Pocket/Color

Surprising how many systems COULD connect online.
>>
>>3277796
Pretty sure the Game Boy had some kind of modem, I remember reading japanese had a mail service that worked on GB back in the late 90s.
I think N64 also had some kind of online connectivity with the DD? not sure.

Famicom had a modem too.
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (39 KB, 422x500) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
39 KB, 422x500
>>3277796
>Gameboy
you could email people with gameboy.
I think that disqualifies it.
>>
>>3277796
>Nintendo 64
If you count the 64DD add-on then it had an online service (counts as an internet peripheral?).
>>
>>3277806
I actually had this by the way. They were being sold for 5$ each at babbages.

I remember sending an email to my long term (email pen pal grillfriend)

Never knew if I got one back because I ran out of free minutes ;_;
>>
I what I want is a console that can not connect to the internet in any way

that nothing of intertnet

all their games come already 100% complete
with only multiplayer from a single console (for cables if portable)
nothing game online
>>
>>3277820

If you want to be super purist, lots of systems had very obscure internet peripherals that only worked on a few games, and were usually only sold in japan.

Every /vr/ console other than dreamcast had effectively no internet. 99.99 percent of the games assumed you would never, ever go online. They may have ~sold~ an internet peripheral intended for use with ONE game, but only in japan and practically nobody bought it.
>>
>>3277853
Unless you're talking about the XBAND. That was a thing in the United States, and allowed people to play specific games head to head, organized over a dial-in service.
>>
>>3277791
Already many 8-bit consoles(Famicom, ..) or computers(C64, ..) had modems. So there are a lot which automatically disqualify.
>>
I think OP is just sick of the modern industry (lord knows I am) and just wants complete in box experiences.

Basically anything before the 360/PS3/Wii Era and you are golden. Even the games that had online options were fine without them since broadband wasn't commonplace.
>>
>it's another modern gamer hipster gets into retro episode
>>
>>3277932
And what would be the best console for me?

by the way, I just play video games that are suitable for all age groups
>>
>>3278004
We don't know your tastes so you'll have to try on your own. Try emulating some games and id you like a certain system buy it and begin collecting or get an everdrive. The Genesis and SNES are solid nostolgia consoles.

I think the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii generation is the last one i like because you can actually pop in the game and have it play. I have no interest buying a modern console that does a worse job than my PC.
>>
>>3278012
First-party Wii U games are generally sold as complete experiences, though many do get extra content later.
>>
>>3277791
Oh look, it's the third-world retard spammer that would always ask for "KA or E" rated games with no violence.

Fuck off and die.
>>
>>3278004
I would go with a GameCube or get a Wii and play GameCube games on it.
>>
>>3278105
A backward compatible Wii sounds like a safe bet.

I think a couple games had patches, but games shipped in a finished state.
>>
>>3277853
Saturn NetLink
Game.com
>>
>>3277796
>>3277805
>>3277806
>>3277808
>>3277815
>>3277880
see
>>3277853
Nothing mainstream had a modem until 6th gen. The hardware expansions like xband are few, far between, and all failures.

>>3277868
>XBand
>That was a thing in the United States
As much as pepsi am was a thing.

>>3278012
>I think the PS3/Xbox 360/Wii generation is the last one i like because you can actually pop in the game and have it play
DLC cancer heaven.
>>
>>3278237
Stuff like Satellaview was a big thing in Japan, and you can slightly compare it to internet, especially DLC, which is almost exactly what you could "download"(capture) from there.
>>
>>3277791
Do you even have internet in brazil?
>>
>>3279918
>Stuff like Satellaview was a big thing in Japan
No. It had at at max under 100,000 subscribers at one time.

I don't understand the logic of "It existed so it was thing" mentality. Seems to be huge with the tablet generation and eceleb porrators.
>>
>>3280501
You are just too young.
By your logic "internet" wasn't even existing at all. It only used few people, because it was a luxury thing. So in that relation those "100,000" are a huge portion.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.