[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So are there theoretically "lost games" that were downloaded
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: Satellaview_with_Super_Famicom.jpg (334 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
Satellaview_with_Super_Famicom.jpg
334 KB, 800x800
So are there theoretically "lost games" that were downloaded during the limited times broadcasts were available that could still be on some cartridges today? Obviously without the SoundLink bit, but the idea of lost games being rediscovered gives me such a hard on. Very much like people discovering old Doctor Who episodes previously lost from the 60's.

How exactly does this work? Or do I have it all wrong?
>>
>>3276406
The games are just files encoded onto a cartridge. Companies either still have them and someone leaked the files or they were leaked once someone downloaded them.

With the "Lost Games" they pretty much use the cartridge like a blank hard drive, it stores the game's data on it, those that receive the connection to the satellite or network that transmits the files uses a cartridge with more storage capacity.
>>
>>3276424
So are there still cartridges probably floating around with game data on it that could be extracted? There's well known games like Radical Dreamers, BS Zelda and BS F-Zero, but I wonder there's also some with incomplete or partially downloaded weeks.
>>
>>3276427
I don't think so, the cartridges would mostly just be blank if they are even around, you would have to check ROM sites or people who make Reproduction cartridges if you want the real deal. Easier way is Emulation though as you can get the files directly.

The connection to the Broadcast Satelliview network most likely is severed now and Sega Channel is long been since defunct.
>>
>>3276445
But if you downloaded the games, couldn't you replay them as long as you had the Satellaview and the cart? How else do we have BS Zelda?
>>
>>3276406
>lost media thread on /vr/

stop sending my autism into overdrive anon
>>
>>3276463
But think about it, anonymous. There are tons of BS games, yet to be extracted in some closet somewhere in Tokyo. Only one of the four weeks of Super Mario Collection BS has ever been extracted.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHPwT_ordPw
>>
>>3276464
I know, and I hope they get dumped eventually... I was just making a joke because this sort of thing interests me a ton.
>>
I used to be really fascinated by this topic but there was a TV Guide style list of the broadcasts so all broadcasts are known and cataloged. Pretty much everything good saw a later cartridge release. It's likely that the BS versions had some additional features but they wouldn't work anyway without the sound and data streams.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Satellaview_broadcasts

You can comb through the list yourself to see if there's anything that piques your interest but everything I ever found that I wasn't already aware of seemed like pretty boring Japanese gambling type stuff.
>>
>>3276464
Most of the Kirby Toy Box games are missing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=li1qDGA-CAE
Can't find the rom for this one.
>>
What broadcast games are still missing?
>>
>>3276502
A lot. Let's just say it's much easier to list roms found than not, and even those are mostly incomplete.
>>
>>3276495
Fuck, I love Kirby's Pin Ball on the GB. I'd love to play that.
>>
The Wily Wars for the Genesis. Wasnt available anywhere in the US but on the Sega Channel
>>
>>3277959
How did Sega Channel work?
>>
>>3279361
Monthly subscription, could download games from a catalog of games onto the cartridge provided.
>>
>>3276552
so the fullset meme was a lie all along?
>>
>>3279508
>so any maymay was ever true ever
Aside from nigger stealing bikes and shit, no.
>>
Does anyone on /vr/ actual own one?
>>
It saddens me to see that the Satellablog doesn't get any updates.
http://superfamicom.org/blog/
>>
>>3281173
It saddens me that anyone would use the word saddens.
>>
Didn't know this existed, Interesting topic
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
If a post contains illegal content, please click on its [Report] button and follow the instructions.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need information for a Poster - you need to contact them.
This website shows only archived content and is not affiliated with 4chan in any way.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 1XVgDnu36zCj97gLdeSwHMdiJaBkqhtMK