[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Blurry frontlight in Game Boy Color
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (115 KB, 750x870) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115 KB, 750x870
I recently bought a Game Boy Color with a frontlight mod, but it is blurry. Anyone knows a way to fix it?
>>
>>3276372
Buy an SP.
>>
Not going to buy an SP. I really like the design of Color.
>>
>>3276384
Frontlight is always going to look a little blurry, and you can't backlight it.
>>
>>3276372
GBA SP AGS-101, DS w/flashcart. PSP, 3DS...

All better ways of playing GBC games.
>>
>>3276385
This, having front light is worse than not having it unless playing in very specific locations
>>
>>3276372

lol

this thread is like asking "hey i just shot myself in the foot anyone know how to fix it?"

dont shoot yourself in the foot, dipshit
>>
>>3276459
I honestly feel bad for OP, he clearly has wasted his money and ruined his gameboy color. I love the gameboy design too, I'd love a proper backlit color if it was possible.
>>
>>3276472
He bought a pre-modded GBC you illiterate retard.
>>
File: GBBoy Colour.jpg (23 KB, 300x298) Image search: [Google]
GBBoy Colour.jpg
23 KB, 300x298
>>3276385
Yea, I have a frontlit GBC and a backlit GBPocket and the difference is clear.

You could always get pic-related, alternatively.
>>
>>3277493
Too bad they messed up the aspect ratio on these. I'd buy one in a heartbeat if every game wasn't squashed.
>>
>>3276484
Most console/handheld mods are sold as a "ship me your shit and I'll mod it for you" type deal. That way the modder dosn't have an upfront cost.
It probably was the OP's GBC.
>>
>>3276372
I don't get this whole need for lit up screens. It's not that hard to play these unmodded.
>>
>>3277538
>It probably was the OP's GBC.
>I recently bought a Game Boy Color with a frontlight mod
He probably just bought it off of ebay.
>>
>>3277545
Ah, yes. My reading comprehension could use some help.
>>
I also bought a frontlit GBC recently. Love the form factor but the front light did little to help me play in the dark and hindered my experience playing in direct light. The silver lining is the GBC was refurbished so it looks and plays like new, which is nice. GB/GBC games stick out like ass but I wish I bought a refurbished GBA SP instead.
>>
>>3277512
I can deal with the aspect ratio, it's close enough for me, but I've heard things about the audio that make me reconsider buying.

That said, the things so cheap I might get one anyhow.
>>
>>3276372
Osaka 17 brand LOCA. Learn something new.
>>
>>3277681
Or you could get a box full of real GBCs for the same price. Oops, my bad. Someone who isn't an eBaby could.
>>
>>3276372
LOCA is the answer. The other would be to use the frontlight of an SP with a busted LCD instead.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.