[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some great remakes of /vr/ games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: 59417front-45262.jpg (48 KB, 640x641) Image search: [Google]
59417front-45262.jpg
48 KB, 640x641
What are some great remakes of /vr/ games?
>>
>>3271825
Super Mario All Stars
Resident Evil 1
>>
Duck Tales.
>>
Not the upcoming FFVII one.
>>
I know others disagree with me, but I'm quite fond of Wild Arms Alter Code F
>>
>>3271825

River City Ransom EX
Gunstar Heroes GBA
Castle of Illusion
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Splatterhouse (IMO anyway)
Golden Axe: Beast Rider (fuck you I liked it)
>>
>>3271825
FFIV DS is fantastic
>>
>>3271825
FF2 in Dawn of Souls is best version of the game. Leveling spells and shit up is MUCH faster. If you're someone looking to play through FF2 just to finally beat it and experience the story, with no plans on ever playing it again, this is the version you should play.

If you're a masochist, you could always play the translated NES rom of the original.
>>
File: todruaga-36.png (9 KB, 256x224) Image search: [Google]
todruaga-36.png
9 KB, 256x224
The Tower of Druaga remake on the PC Engine is better than the original arcade game. There's a translation patch that allows you to actually figure out the clues to discover the treasures in-game. Numerous technical improvements were made, including not losing your pickax if you use it all up breaking walls (which fundamentally handicapped their use in the arcade), and the added RPG/stat building mechanics are a welcome addition to the game. It feels like a refined sequel more than a remake, and the sprites are great.

I recommending grabbing a rom and trying it out.
>>
>>3271825
So many but right now I cant remember one.
>>
>>3272002
You are a faggot, and always will be :)
>>
>>3271825
Not the ones in your picture, that's for sure.
>>
>>3271825
Not the ones in your picture, that's for sure.
>>
>>3271997
Oh you played it already?
>>
I've been playing the Final Fantasy remake on the PSP and I'm loving it. Leveling is quick, the graphics and music have been updated and it has been an enjoyable experience all around. It's pretty cheap to pick up if anyone wants to play it this way
>>
>>3272095
if you play on PPSSPP it runs sluggish though.
so I played GBA Dawn of Souls and was happy with that. there is something special about that version.
>>
>>3272128
It may be better without the CD load times but the PSP has a superior screen to the GBA and SP. Of course i talk about playing the games on the systems themselves if people play on their phone your preference makes sense.
>>
>>3272183
I did it through my Vita and it's fucking flawless.
>>
All the squaresoft wonderswan remakes are phenomenal.
>>
>>3272235
The gba/psp games were based on them, right?
>>
I quite liked the GBA remake of Shining Force, music sounds so much better.
>>
>>3272010
That's a silly reason to like a game. That's like, I don't know, preferring the audiobook version of Song of Ice and Fire to the novels because now you can listen to them when you watch anime or are on Xbox Live and still say you read the original books. I mean you could've just not played it and said you did if you didn't want to.

It's not even like FFII is that hard or anything, unless the famicom FF I&II game I'm currently playing is gimped or something (it does seem a lot easier than I remember but I can't figure how).
>>
File: gbt-mbmv_11.png (17 KB, 240x160) Image search: [Google]
gbt-mbmv_11.png
17 KB, 240x160
Although I prefer the original art
>>
>>3272080
>>3272081
Better than the originals, that's for sure.
>>
>>3272826
Please, could you tell me what game is? Google-sama wasn't able to answer that.
>>
>>3271825
Ys 1+2 Eternal and Chronicles, Ys: Oath in Felghana. The latter is one of the best games I've ever played.
>>
>>3271825
not retro
>>
OpenXCom is seriously incredible. The bug fixes and quality-of-life interface improvements make it essential over the vanilla game.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.