[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nice to meet you, Gillian. I am Metal Gear MK II.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7
File: Metal Feel.png (239 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
Metal Feel.png
239 KB, 2048x2048
Nice to meet you, Gillian. I am Metal Gear MK II.
>>
File: 3.jpg (8 KB, 199x200) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
8 KB, 199x200
>>3271752
i always thought metal gear would´ve been something cool but instead it´s this little shit
why they didnt name the series just Snake or Cold War: Nuclear Crisis something since it´s never about the metal gear itself
>>
>>3271752
Metal Gear MK II?!?!
>>
File: mg1doc3.jpg (86 KB, 600x803) Image search: [Google]
mg1doc3.jpg
86 KB, 600x803
>>3271769
They wanted to call it Intruder originally. They should've stuck with that name. I always the Metal Gear itself felt shoehorn in the sequels, except maybe in MGS1.
>>
>>3271769
>since it´s never about the metal gear itself

Metal Gear in some way, shape, or form is the only fucking thing that's present in every entry in the series you fucking dolt.
>>
I never understood the following Snatcher has. It's just a Blade Runner rip-off with some Terminator thrown into it. It doesn't even have any strong themes or raise questions like BB. It's just weak for a game whose strongest point should be the writing
>>
>>3271769
Metal Gear is always the reason for the plot
"X Person has a Metal Gear, we must stop them!"
>>
>>3272229
And they're only relevant in one or two games.
Metal Gear
>Main objective is to destroy the Metal Gear.
MG2
>Main objective is to save Dr. Marv. The Metal Gear is just kinda there for the obligatory boss fight.
MGS
>The main objective is to rescue two hostages and prevent the enemy from launching a nuke, which invovles using a new Metal Gear. Fair enough.
MGS2
>The initial objective is to retrieve information on the new Metal Gear. Then the story takes a sharp left turn and its no longer the main threat (Arsenal Gear is a Metal Gear in name only).
MGS3
>It's a prequel, so the enemy's ultimate weapon is something else entirely. The original Metal Gear creator has a minor role in the story.
MGS4
>Something something about Ocelot pretending to be Liquid and the SOP System. You get to pilot a Metal Gear some point.
>>
>>3272285
And this was supposed to prove him wrong?
>>
File: Gillian's bathroom.png (388 KB, 3056x2048) Image search: [Google]
Gillian's bathroom.png
388 KB, 3056x2048
Metal Gear: The HealthPot™ physical
fitness analyzer is the latest in
health technology... When using the toilet, the system
will measure and analyze your
temperature, blood pressure,
pulse, urine and stool to create
an instant profile of your
current physical fitness level.
>>
File: 1464921409312.jpg (117 KB, 864x1152) Image search: [Google]
1464921409312.jpg
117 KB, 864x1152
>>3272264
Rabid mgs fans need to get their kojimafix somehow
>>
>>3272368
With each new game, the Metal Gear itself becomes less relevant. There wasn't even a new Metal Gear in MGS4.
>>
>>3272591
>Forgetting about Outer Haven

You should probably give up this argument, your points are fucking garbage, and moving the goalposts from "Metal Gears appear in every game" to "Metal Gears get less relevant" hasn't gone unnoticed.
>>
>>3272716
It's pretty obvious he never played MGS4 if all he has to say about it is
>Something something about Ocelot pretending to be Liquid and the SOP System. You get to pilot a Metal Gear some point.
>>
I came here to hear the hate on Metal Gear Mk II, and I'm very dissappointed in all of you.
>>
>>3272716
>>3272874
It's not that I've never played it, but I barely remember the plot because of how stupid it was.
>>
File: 1373098106013.png (909 KB, 1427x1064) Image search: [Google]
1373098106013.png
909 KB, 1427x1064
u wot m8
>>
File: Metal_Gear_Mk._II.jpg (59 KB, 500x800) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_Mk._II.jpg
59 KB, 500x800
>>3272591
>there wasn't even a new metal gear in MGS4
>>
>>3272591
uh...
>>3273960
this and metal gear gekkos?
>>
>>3273212
>have to get the last unsecured nuke left in the world from Metal Gear REX
>in order to recover it, you must fight a Metal Gear RAY with said REX
>after the RAY is disabled, Liquid Ocelot escapes in Outer Haven, the former Arsenal Gear (itself a giant Metal Gear) that is considered impossible to attack due to the large numbers of Metal Gear RAYs and Metal Gear Gekkos it has

But Metal Gear totally has nothing to do with the plot of 4, sure. You also left out how much of a factor Metal Gear ZEKE is to Peace Walker and MGS5, so I'm assuming you didn't play those either.
>>
>>3272497
Tit bits like this in Snatcher and Policenauts is big reason I like this game.Shows how much thought went in world building.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.