[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite game made by Inafune?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7
File: 1465114539196[1].jpg (43 KB, 614x319) Image search: [Google]
1465114539196[1].jpg
43 KB, 614x319
What is your favorite game made by Inafune?
>>
File: Inafune game.png (2 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Inafune game.png
2 KB, 640x400
>>3271015

this one
>>
File: c.png (38 KB, 594x313) Image search: [Google]
c.png
38 KB, 594x313
>>
>>3271015
Mighty number 9
>>
>>3271024
you are very funny man
>>
>>3271024

Forgot the piles of cash
>>
>>3271015
I know it has become a meme to shit on Inafune, but regardless of what he may or may not have done in terms of creating the series, I love Zero and his art style is perfect for MegaMan.
>>
Inafune is NOT a con-man. I keep having to explain this over and over again. The media are the one calling him the "father of mega man", not him! He never asked for that title. When it comes up, he always corrects them to say that he is only the co-creator, and that his mentor was just as important in the creation of Mega Man as he was. In any case, Inafune has been there since DAY ONE and has had a dramatic impact on Mega Man. Adopted father of Mega Man? Perhaps that's a better term.

The man deserves a LOT of respect, and he simply is not getting this from today's Mega Man fans.

We have no idea what went wrong with MN9, and we should assume the best faith on Inafune's part. The game is still pretty solid effort. I'm sure the sequel will improve upon it dramatically. Red Ash will end up being the cancelled Mega Man legends 3 we always wanted to play.

We all know that Capcom wants the series dead since it just doesn't sell enough. Inafune is the only hope to keep Mega Man alive.
>>
File: the-inafunester.jpg (59 KB, 634x308) Image search: [Google]
the-inafunester.jpg
59 KB, 634x308
>>3273586

I agree with mostly all of that, but:

> we should assume the best faith on Inafune's part

That's not how it works. It's a KS business, not even a self-funded project he was trying to generate hype upon. He asked for money, and got it leveraging not only his, but the actual Mega Man series' popularity as well -and its generated sense of disappointment at the time too-

You're not entitled to an universal "good faith" factor to rationalize any outcome with a money-first equation like that; you get a commitment, 100% on your court.
>>
File: 1465186402298[1].png (2 MB, 1280x3600) Image search: [Google]
1465186402298[1].png
2 MB, 1280x3600
>"I'm often called the father of Mega Man. But I like to say the opposite is true"
>expect him to explain how it isn't true and mention Akira Kitamura in the next panels
>he twists and turns that instead not disapproving what he just said and furthermore makes himself look like a humble person

Holy shit, he's literally a snake oil salesman. What a slimy scum.
>>
Fuck capcom and fuck inafune

How did konami and capcom fall so low?
>>
>>3273729
>How did konami and capcom fall so low?

Konami higher ups were embarrased that they even made video games. Once they found an out, they dropped it and destroyed their entire gaming division.
>>
File: 1447485608918.jpg (1 MB, 3783x4672) Image search: [Google]
1447485608918.jpg
1 MB, 3783x4672
Megaman legends.

I love that game so much. /vr/ I'm serious I love megaman legends a lot. It gets so many things right. I love it so much.
>>
dead rising
>>
>>3273737

>Directed by Yoshinori Kawano
>>
>>3273730

They should just sell their video game assets then.

Seriously what is the point of hoarding Goemon, Metal Gear, castlevania and countless others? To make pachinko machines? Do japs really get excited about metal gear and castlevania pachinkos?

The higher ups clearly have no idea what theyre doing in todays game market and are trying to make easy money.
>>
>>3273742
Nevermind then.
>>
>>3273743
>To make pachinko machines? Do japs really get excited about metal gear and castlevania pachinkos?

Yes. And the Yakuza are lobbying for the Pachinkos machines so they won't be outlawed. They're highly addictive and cost very little to run.

>>3273746

Inafune is an artist and a businessman. He's never made or directed a game in his life.
>>
>>3273748

Why though? What makes a pac man pachinko different from a simon belmost pachinko?
>>
>>3273749

Regular pachinko audience + the more people it brings in due to game association. Even if it's 10% more users, it still is highly profitable. All they have to do is create some video scenes for it which aren't cheap. Amusingly, they use the Fox Engine (lol).

Unless someone is willing to give them BIG CASH their series are dead and buried.
>>
>>3273748

Every source i look up for your claim isnt there and instead i find sources claiming that the yakuza have been deterred successfully away from pachinko.

Is there any proof for what youre claiming? I see KonamiXyakuza posts a lot these days
>>
>>3273754
Every nip knows pachinko is pretty much owned by smelly north koreans
>>
>>3273752

Still sounds dumb as fuck

If youre a fan(no one start with the scotsman fallacy, fuck off) it is pretty much a slap in the face with a big veiny penis to have your favorite classic games abandoned except to be used as tools to make money through gambling. Japs are fags for enabling this.
>>
>>3273761

Why would you assume that the Konami exects care? They don't play or make video games. They just look at spreadsheets with numbers. The people passionate about gaming were all fired.

For why Capcom lost its way, they had a bad habit starting since the 80's of alienating devs and making them leave. Then they had some bad decisions (some by Inafune himself). They might reform, who knows.
>>
>>3273764

Yeah ive heard that capcom execs get really fucking crazy and oppressive from other anons. Not sure how true that is but it makes sense as talent they either groomed or recruited is almost always tossed to the wind at some point.

During the 360 days it felt like they were really envious of Activision. Am i the only one that got that vibe?

They werent really making COD clones but it seemed like Inafune and Capcom were really hostile towards ideas that are not necessarily pandering to westerners. I feel like Dead Rising and Dark Void are the best examples of this but there might be better ones.
>>
>>3273764

>they might reform

Mega man is getting a new mobile game and a shitty show by the ben 10 creators. Burn it all to the ground. These higher ups need death.
>>
>>
>>3273770
>fans ask for a proper MM game
>pump out random MM-related cash grab garbage instead
>garbage has nothing to do with what fans actually like about the franchise
>garbage fails

See, we don't give you good, new, development-heavy games because you don't buy them! Look at these low sales figures for this shitty mobile game and low viewership for a MM cartoon targeting an age group who has no idea who the fuck MM is and featuring a protagonist who looks nothing like MM to make sure we alienate older fans! You guys must not really want a new MM game after all.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.