[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT:Really obscure horror games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
ITT:Really obscure horror games
>>
File: RealmsOfTheHaunting.jpg (60 KB, 406x494) Image search: [Google]
RealmsOfTheHaunting.jpg
60 KB, 406x494
>>
>>3270536
Tell me more
>>
I'll have to buy this game on GoG since nobody wants to tell me their opininion on it.
>>
>>3270524
she wants the D
>>
>>3270524
>Really obscure
Is it, though? I remember seeing it at Blockbuster and the like all the god damn time as a kid, not to mention the print ads...
>>
>>3270524

Hellnight for PS1. It is also a good horror game, maybe one of the best.
>>
>>3270524
>>3270536
Neither of these are obscure. They were everywhere when they were released.

Try The Note on PS1. It's a first person survival horror in between Clock Tower and Echo Night, so if you like those they're worth checking out.
Jap only though.
It's not as obscure as it used to be since I uploaded it on retro games torrent sites a few years ago.

On PS1 jap only there is also Devilman. The first half of the game is survival horror where all you can do is flee from monsters and use your environment to block the path (kinda like Silent Hill Shattered Memories except much before its time). 2nd part of the game turns into beat em up though.

A bit less obscure, and not exactly full horror (as it's more like Devil May Cry or Castlevania) I highly recommend Vampire Hunter D on PS1 as well. Just turn off the autolock, and once you get the hang of the gameplay, it's a very underrated game.
>>
>>3270590
Good, short, controls are weird to figure out at first. Atmosphere is amazing. It's like point and click. I love it.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.