[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ejecting feels so good
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8
File: eject.jpg (111 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
eject.jpg
111 KB, 1280x720
What systems have eject buttons?

I know of:
SNES
Famicom
Twin Famicom
Gamecube GBA player

Any more?
>>
This is an english board.
>>
File: SuperFamicom_jr.jpg (105 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
SuperFamicom_jr.jpg
105 KB, 500x400
I bought a Super Famicom jr and am kinda missing the eject on the normal super famicom
>>
>>3271613
gonna straight up RIP THAT SHIT OUT
>>
>>3271613
Never noticed that

>>3271623
Lol'd wholeheartedly
>>
Jap mega drive had an eject funtion on the on/off swich
>>
File: megadrive-2.jpg (121 KB, 660x439) Image search: [Google]
megadrive-2.jpg
121 KB, 660x439
>>3272427
I think you mean it had a cartridge lock.
As far as I know, no official iteration of the Mega Drive ever used an eject button.
>>
The reason ejecting is so satisfying is because the human brain on a primal level associates it with ejaculation and the ensuing pleasure of an orgasm.
>>
>>3272598
Language isn't primal level.
Ejecting isn't similar to ejaculation at all.
But defecation - yes.
>>
>>3272635
I'm not talking about on a linguistic level. I mean visually ejecting a cartridge is like ejaculating cum. It's that sudden release of tension that reminds us of an orgasm and makes us feel good.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (39 KB, 304x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
39 KB, 304x200
>>3270332
Hey anons, just a quick PSA. The SNES eject button is actually bad for your system. Since it pries the game out of the slot from the front edge of the cartridge only, it puts uneven pressure on the pins. If you use the button a lot, eventually it will weaken and even break the connections to the board at the front of the cartridge slot.

My friend used to collect SNES shit, and 9 out of 10 broken systems he picked up were broken because of that. It's not a hard fix, but if you're the kind of person who swaps carts frequently, you'd be better off just pulling them straight up and out, without ejecting.
>>
File: mega-cd-karaoke-1041428J8.jpg (22 KB, 600x318) Image search: [Google]
mega-cd-karaoke-1041428J8.jpg
22 KB, 600x318
>>3272560
yeah, nah it doesn't
>>
>>3273276
>justifcation for my non-ejecting ways
>>
>>3273493
If you've ever taken an SNES apart, you can easily see how the construction of the eject mechanism can cause damage over time, and at the very least how it simply pulling the carts won't cause any damage.

Much like the eject feature in the NES, it is entirely superfluous and was added by NOA for style points.
>>
>>3274082
Do you know if the eject features of the Famicom, Twin Famicom, and GBA player(gamecube) also cause damage to the system or carts?
>>
>>3273276
If a SNES is busted for this reason, how do you go about fixing it?
>>
File: sfc19.jpg (213 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
sfc19.jpg
213 KB, 1024x683
>>3274082

Not sure if you're baiting, but what about the Super Famicom eject? That wasn't added by NoA, also I think NoA never did any hardware work, it was always the R&D department at NoJ who made all the systems, even the US and EU models.
>>
Why did we get the dull box snes and not the smooth curves of the super famicom?
>>
>>3274246
Why did they even bother making different shells for different regions?

Isn't that just a complete waste? Wouldn't it be far more cost efficient to use the same shell everywhere like they do now?
>>
>>3274281
Payback for Hiroshima
>>
>>3270332
Unlike modern CD drives that come with the system and wheel the disc tray out, old CD-ROM drives, the kind you'd buy as an upgrade, like in a multimedia kit, would bump out the disc tray.
>>
File: ssssss.jpg (65 KB, 592x444) Image search: [Google]
ssssss.jpg
65 KB, 592x444
>>3274201
I do own a GBA player, but have never taken it apart. I'm assuming the way the pins are probably connected to the board, there's not really any uneven force being put on the cart or the connections, especially at such a small size.

As for the Famicom, a quick bit of research shows that the eject mechanism is much longer, and actually lifts up from the edges of the carts instead of prying from just the front, so I imagine it would be much less prone to damage.

As you can see in this image, the eject levers of the SNES lift at a very sharp angle, and only from the front, which causes the stress on the pins as opposed to just lifting it straight out.
>>
File: MlbERXTmHmPL3dLq.huge_1.jpg (50 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
MlbERXTmHmPL3dLq.huge_1.jpg
50 KB, 660x495
>>3274393
Meanwhile, the eject mechanism for the Famicom is a much longer arm, that lifts from beneath the sides of the cartridge where those little notches are.
>>
>>3274393
And actually, the Super Famicom uses a system similar to this, so it would possibly suffer from the same issue over time.

Granted, I'm not telling you to stop using your eject button now, or that you're all killing your systems, but I am telling you that most non-functional SNES systems I've seen in my life have been broken by a symptom that could certainly be linked to this. You can keep using your eject button, but I would recommend being gentle. Certainly, don't slam it hard, that's probably what causes most of the problems in the first place, and just know that pulling your cart out without ejecting is not causing any damage, contrary to popular belief.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.