[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Strider is fucking garbage
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: strider-gen.jpg (50 KB, 460x322) Image search: [Google]
strider-gen.jpg
50 KB, 460x322
This game is supposed to be Capcom's answer to Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden, right?

So why the fuck does it handle so horribly? It's my first time actually sitting down and trying to play through it for real, and it's infuriating.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but the combination of fucked-up collision detection and awkward, floaty-ass jumping mechanics with no opportunity to correct your trajectory is driving me batshit insane. One of these would be manageable on its own, but having to deal with both in a game that throws hordes of enemies at you Contra-style is too much.

Do I just need to git gud and accept that it's meant to be an arcade quartermuncher?

Is the arcade original any better?

Does Strider 2 fix any of this shit?

How do I strider, /vr/?
>>
You keep practicing.
I used to have similar problems with Super Ghouls'n Ghosts but now I can end it without getting hit.
Just keep practicing.
>>
git gut retard, Strider is one of the easiest CPS-1 game
>>
>>3269415
Trial and error.
>>
>>3269415
>Maybe I'm doing it wrong
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
>>
I feel the same way, OP, and no- the arcade original isn't any better, and Strider 2 is even worse. If it were me, I'd just play Shinobi III again, but if you must play a Strider game, the PS1 reboot is the way to go.
>>
Why are you wasting time ranting online about a game released nearly 30 years ago? It's not like your opinion is going to change anything. Just find another game and move on.
>>
File: 1397070850867.png (23 KB, 492x400) Image search: [Google]
1397070850867.png
23 KB, 492x400
>>3272149
What are you even doing in /vr/?
>>
>Does Strider 2 fix any of this shit?
Yes, Strider 2 is a masterwork that completely dwarves the original.
>>
>>3269415
Sorry you just suck at video games op. Try getting good first.
>>
>>3269415
>quartermuncher
So much nicer to say than, "I'm really, really shit at video games" right?
>>
>>3269415
>This game is supposed to be Capcom's answer to Shinobi and Ninja Gaiden, right?
No?
>>
Maybe you're not old enough to remember this, but literally every time that a video game came out to compete against a game on a Nintendo console came out, it failed. And it failed bad.

Back then, the people who didn't play Nintendo were generally just stupid or weird people. I'm not kidding. There was always some weird kid who didn't want to use what everyone else was using. It was always the same kind of kid where even after PC had totally destroyed all competition for computer gaming, you still had that one Mac or Amiga kid talking about some shitty clone game he was playing and insisting it was better than what it was based on.
>>
>>3274968
What on God's green Earth are you talking about, anon? What the fuck does any of that nonsense you posted have to with Strider, an arcade ported to the Sega Genesis, both being released before the SNES was even out?
Anyways, I could beat Strider in one life on the hardest difficultly when I was 14 years old.
Git gud, OP.
>>
>>3269415
Damn kid the game is slightly harder to beat than Altered Beast. It handles so horribly and doesn't let you change direction mid jump because it isn't a fucking muhrio game. I'd say git gud but I don't just can't imagine that happening.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.