[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is incredibly relaxing to play, but it's fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
This game is incredibly relaxing to play, but it's fucking horrendously obscure.

It had a 64DD release and then somehow managed to get a GameCube release in PAL Regions. I just imported a copy and can play it region free on my Wii.
>>
>>3267852
So THIS is where that naked giant trophy in Melee came from.
>>
>>3267860
Yeah, most people know it from that trophy, but it's incredibly how few people know it was converted to the GameCube and had an english translation.
>>
I imported the PAL GCN release. Really great, strange game. Plays fine on appropriately hacked Wii/Wii U. It's an obscure game even unto itself; so much of it is so strange and mysterious. I am a big fan. Embodies a lot of the mistiness of early 3D that I like so much. There's a second release on 64DD that seems even odder. Bummer we may never have a decent way to play it.
>>
>>3267870
In all honesty, I'd never seen this in stores, so I doubted I'm the only one round these parts anyway.

Ahh..... this takes me back to my youth when I saw the nintendo power subscription pamphlets in the games and wanted to sign up, but then read that it was NA only....

Anyhow, what do you do in this game anyway? Is it something like a Animal Crossing-esque sort of thing where you do small stuff?
>>
Isn't it like an hour long?
>>
>>3268349
With that walking speed?
Hell no
>>
>>3268318
Its a god game, you are the god of the land the onjective is to get 3 tribes of people to build monuments you achieve that by helping them prosper or showing your angry god side and killing most of them, also making new settlements taking people from different tribes and putting them together

You can raise and lower the land to create islands or submerge everything in the water and carry trees around which are necessary for a settlement to grow
>>
File: tips7.jpg (41 KB, 768x512) Image search: [Google]
tips7.jpg
41 KB, 768x512
Reminds me of Black & White.
>>
>>3268449
It's a lot like Black and White but not quite.

You have to physically do shit to your villagers and their towns with Doshin.
>>
>>3268434
Actually, it's 16 monuments.
>>
>>3267852
It had a sequel on the DD, it's a shame we'll never see it. But the sequel was like, some weird book of photos or some shit.
>>
>>3268149
Nintendo had a bunch of obscure NGC releases like this and Giftpia.
>>
i've always meant to play this. wanted to back in the early days of n64 emulation and it never ran. guess i can do the GC version in english these days. i will finally try it out.
>>
>>3271520
Just be prepared for a totally different game. It's pretty slow paced.
>>
I remember seeing it in the stores at the time. I was a bit curious but not enough to buy it.

I borrowed it from a friend last year and it's certainly amazing in it's own way. Played quite a bit but stopped after some village made a shit monument for the third time. Fun for a little while.

I imagine if you bought it at the time it would have felt bare bones though.
>>
>>3267852
wow wait a sec, whats the game in the op ?
>>
That game was fucking dubbed in spanish of all things

>>3272050
Doshin the giant
>>
>>3273526
spanish? then i´ll probably get it.
What was it all about?

Nevermind.>>3268434
So...a mixture of black and white and Pupoulos:the beggining?
>>
>>3274838
It's more limited than either game. But it did come out in Spain PAL.
>>
I have the PAL ISO on my Wii but it plays at 50hz through Nintendont and I can't quite figure out how to get it to run properly, the screen goes monochrome and flickers like mad, can anyone help me out in getting it to play?
>>
>>3267852
I never knew there was a gamecube release about this.

What makes the game comfy? isn't it like pikmin in a way?
>>
>>3275787
Force NTSC
>>
>tfw I have every GameCube release from UndergroundGamer and a Qoob-chipped Cube
>still have mini-DVDs to fill up
>tfw no RGB / component cables
>>
>>3275192
it came out in whole Europe, so. I still remember 20 piles of that shit laying around for 10€. No one bought it, ever. I probably could still go to that toy store and buy it now.
>>
>>3275847
Tried that, didn't seem to work, I guess I'll keep tinkering
>>
File: cubivore trophy.jpg (3 KB, 97x96) Image search: [Google]
cubivore trophy.jpg
3 KB, 97x96
Interesting, I didn't know this was ported to the GC. I remember it from the SSBM trophy and I was always curious about it when I was younger. I'll have to give it a shot.

Hopefully it will be better than pic related was. Cubivore might be the worst game I've ever played. I'd rather play through Sonic 06 a second time than play Cubivore for an hour. It's just so fucking horrendously boring.
>>
ummm
>>
>>3278178
Shame it wasn't popular. honestly, I feel if it was released in the US, it would at least have a cult following.
>>
>>3280610
well hopefully we can get a /vr/ following
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.