[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I grew on Sonic 2. I didnt get Sonic 1 until 2005. While it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: scrapbrainzoneact1_shot1.png (6 KB, 320x224) Image search: [Google]
scrapbrainzoneact1_shot1.png
6 KB, 320x224
I grew on Sonic 2. I didnt get Sonic 1 until 2005. While it's fun, I think starting with 2 ruined it. While 2 is gottagofast, 1 has neither spin dash nor fast levels. Every level has enemies every 20 feet and just when you get a running start you hit another obstacle.

1 was good, 2 really polished the sonic system
>>
>>3266521
>tfw started with Sonic 1 and Sonic Adventure 2
Nowhere to go but up
>>
>>3266521

1 definitely feels more primitive than 2, I agree, but I enjoyed how slow 1 was. It was a nice comfy platformer with cool physics.
>>
>and just when you get a running start you hit another obstacle

That's because you suck. Once you git gud you can gun through levels like a boss.
>>
>>3266547
>tfw started with Sonic 3 & Knuckles

I still enjoy the Adventure games atmosphere for some reason, but gameplay-wise I started with the best.

>>3266550
I didn't notice it as a kid, but Marble Zone kinda sucks after you just went through Green Hill Zone.
>>
>>3266521
It's challenging and a lot of fun if you try to maintain your top speed. Lots of slope optimizations.
>>
i'm the same way (grew up with sonic 2). but you're an idiot if you can't play it slower than the later ones/suck at regular ass platforming.
>>
>and just when you get a running start you hit another obstacle.

Find me one retro review that made this complaint. I swear, nu-gamers are retards.
>>
>>3266825
Reviewers used to value carefully balanced, escalating challenge in games as a way of extending the life of a vidya. Nowadays people just want a movie where you hold up and play simon says
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.