[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Turok 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
Has /vr/ ever played this game? It's really overlooked, and I haven't heard anybody talk about it.

Not like other "unknown gems" people mention all the time such as Blast Corps, SSSV, Body Harvest, or Mischief Makers

It's the closest thing the N64 has to Half Life, so it's more linear and scripted than Turok 1 or 2 but therefore impossible to get lost. Not too challenging either, and there are some secrets.
>>
I didn't even know there was a Turok 3.
>>
>>3264641
Underrated as fuck, the whole atmosphere of the game is really awesome.
>>
aside from being very unfinished and buggy it's pretty good
>>
its decent and has quite a bit of charm, but way too buggy to be called underrated. too many clipping issues, enemy projectiles going through walls, etc. pretty decent poor man's halflife

theres some guy on here who absolutely LOVES turok 3, and im sure he will talk about what a masterpiece it was.
>>
I remember playing it at a friend's house back when it first came out and we were absolutely floored by the graphics. I was a little turned off by the modern setting because I was expecting something closer to the first two games, so I never picked up a copy.

Haven't played it since all those years ago so I wonder how everything holds up.
>>
Love it! All the Turok games are awesome!
>>
>>3264641
The way you described it makes it sound awful.
>impossible to get lost
>not very challenging

Why not just play one of the dozens of modern games being released with that same garbage formula?

Turok was fun because it was outdoors, easy to get lost, and challenged you to explore the jungles.
>>
Easily the worst soundtrack from the trilogy.
>>
>>3266383
Not hard to do since 1 and 2 had 11/10 soundtracks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcTelciPhM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewFnCWyXyEk
>>
Had 2 and loved it, always wanted 3 but was gifted with rage wars instead...
>>
>>3266732
Whoever gifted you Rage Wars did you a favor.
>>
File: 1464976706270.gif (59 KB, 1000x1192) Image search: [Google]
1464976706270.gif
59 KB, 1000x1192
I played it when I was around 8 or so. Was too shit to get past the walker thing in the beginning.

Just played VS with my brothers for hours on end.
>>
>>3266732
Rage wars is sick as fuck. I'd love a port to Steam like they did with Turok 1 and are doing with 2
>>
>>3264641
It was inferior to the previous games. Therefore it will not be as remembered.
>>
>>3266710
Rage Wars is outstanding!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-K8NWPTL4U
>>
File: 1465110188826138287673.jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1465110188826138287673.jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>turok 3
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.