[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Famicom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: VR.jpg (1 MB, 2322x4128) Image search: [Google]
VR.jpg
1 MB, 2322x4128
Just bought pic related while venturing in Japan, did I do good /vr/?

How the hell do I get it to work in a PAL country?

Also, general Famicom thread I guess.
>>
Are you a wuh-eeh-bu?
>>
>>3263491
>buying a famicom from trader for 8000 yen
>Buying anything from mandarake

KEK.
>>
>>3263569
A FUCKING YELLOW FAMICOM WITHOUT THE PORT COVER

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>3263569
>>3263575

Ah, you know what. I've just had a hard day. I'm sorry anon. I don't mean to shit on you.

I'll level with you since you are a eurofag like me: Trader, Mandarake, Super Potato, Friends, all these places are absolute ripoff merchants. It's fine if you only want one thing and haven't time to wander around looking elsewhere, but if you actually love old games and want to get a good deal, find a Hard Off, Hobby Off or Off House.
>>
>>3263583
What's your opinion on Suruga-ya?
>>
>>3263491
>8000 for base Famicom
>500 for bargain bin tier titles
>3280 for Legend of Kage
No, you didn't. Also please tell me you can read Japanese and didn't just buy an original, loose 2200 yen Sweet Home because it's a meme game
>>
>>3263589
looks like a website. I've no experience with it famicom, I'm sorry.

I just was in Japan fairly recently for a month. Tokyo a shit. Osaka is best girl.
>>
File: 45344553.jpg (69 KB, 298x360) Image search: [Google]
45344553.jpg
69 KB, 298x360
>giving a quick glance at OP's pic, center figure box from thumbnail vaguely looks like a Starman
>open pic
>there is actually a tiny starman keychain in there
>>
>>3263606
Yeah, there's a Mother 2 gachapon atm and I've seen it everywhere.
>>
>>3263603
>looks like a website
Well they have some physical stores, and maybe you've been there.
I've only ordered through them online, and their prices online seem fair. Not "foreigner trap" tier like some ebay prices or Super Potato prices I've seen before.
>I just was in Japan fairly recently for a month.
Nice.
Hope I can go next year.
>>
>>3263569
>shitting on Mandarake
I bet you get everything from eBay and yard sales. Or you're just European.
>>
>>3263617
As cool as they are, I would advise against going in sakura season as I did.

Everywhere is swarmed by a plague of chinese tourists who behave so poorly the Japanese discuss it daily on the news. It's hard to get moving, they're rude as shit, everything costs 2x because it's tourist high season.

The country itself was pretty cool though. Spend a few days at an onsen.

>>3263620
Mandarake Galaxy is absolute SHITE tier. The other ones dotted around Nanako Broadway can be good- for example got a copy of Dungeon Master for the Super Famicom for 400 yen (The only things I was buying there were special chip games I can't emulate).

If you're defending Mandarake, you either haven't actually been to one, working on 5-year-old information or you are an idiot gladly parted from his money.
>>
File: images.jpg (27 KB, 183x275) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
27 KB, 183x275
>>3263491
OP, if you are still in Tokyo, listen to me.

Go out.
Find a Dydo brand vending machine.
Buy this drink.

You can only get it in dydo machines, not in shops or anywhere else. It costs about 120 yen. You will not regret it. I miss it every day.
>>
>>3263583

OP here,

I went to all of the "ripoffs" but only now do I see someone mention Hard Off, Hobby Off or Off House for the first time.

Did I really do that bad? Fucking moon runes. Atleast seeing complete video game sets of rare SF and F games at Mandarake was nice.
>>
>>3263628
>If you're defending Mandarake, you either haven't actually been to one, working on 5-year-old information or you are an idiot gladly parted from his money.
I buy from Mandarake regularly.

Swerve: I don't buy video games from them.
>>
>>3263653

Sorry fag, I only drank water everyday, and not chemical toxic bullshit like that

And unfortunately I just flew back home.
>>
>>3263681
>pays reseller prices IN JAPAN for meme famicom games and le quirky retro weeaboo cred
>doesn't know how to play them in his homeland
>calls someone a fag over cheap sugary drinks
>>
>>3263675
You paid significantly over the odds, but if you're happy, that's worth something.

Also, you hurt muh feelings. I too only drink water, but I was on holiday and it turns out Jelly Soda is the best.
>>
>>3263680
Fair enough. I bought some non-vidya stuff from the other Mandarake places, but the vidya places? Garbage. Really well stocked, but half of it is not for sale or is prohibitively expensive. They're just reseller scum in those places.
>>
>>3263491
Burn yourself alive and use your plastic weeaboo shit a kindling.

Seriously, please do it.
>>
>>3263589
>>3263617

For direct importing of stuff, it's my new go-to. If it's peanuts in Japan, it's peanuts on their site, and they're on the slow side to follow upward pricing due to Western demand (that said I've not looked at prices on things like most consoles or computers since weight makes importing prohibitive). As for actually going into a store, I dunno, never been to Japan.

>>3263708
Being a water drinker makes it that much more exciting to find a soft drink that isn't hot garbage.
>>
>>3263675
>Did I really do that bad?
No, you did worse. You paid at least 10x too much for that famicom and way too much for everything else. I picked up a boxed fc+fds for ¥2500 a few months back. You done goofed.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.