[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalgia Thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: 51NBBAH00WL.jpg (63 KB, 500x437) Image search: [Google]
51NBBAH00WL.jpg
63 KB, 500x437
Any Old Spyro Fans on here?
>>
the Spiro's fan IS here
>>
Ah, perfect! Figured I come onto 4chan and see if people still remember this series. With Crash Bandicoot being teased an all...
>>
One of the most desception is do not see the Spyro's adventures in goodless HD game look like new mario or new raiman,like they will reform the platform games... I will, I will...
>>
>>3261625
lolwat

what nation do you hail from brother?
>>
>>3261650
Damn, it appears there is more than one of us, Anon. I will go as Anonymous for simplicity sake, that cool?
>>
as a teen I liked them, tried to play them now and realized they were collectathons and I don't like them
>>
>nostalgia thread
lmao, this literally a nostalgia board
>>
Fan of the first one
>>
Tree Tops is top tier.
>>
>>3261578
Heck yes
>>
>>3261578
2easy

Do you guys think I'm cool yet? ;_;
>>
>>3261586
Agnew?
>>
>>3261578
>We will never get an HD remake

I don't want a change in controls or anything, just updated textures. Last time I seen a thread like this I also fantasized about custom rom hacks adding more stories/levels but I wouldn't know where to begin.
>>
>>3261578
Okay guys favorite hub world, favorite speedway, favorite boss, favorite world

>Favorite hub
Winter tundra

>Favorite speedway
I like Metro

>Favorite boss
Ripto

>Favorite world
Fracture hills
>>
I love music in the hub worlds. So calming.
>>
Spyro 1 has some of the best level design and most interesting/enjoyable movement mechanics in any 3d platformer. One of the only games in this genre that learned the right lessons from Super Mario 64.
>>
>>3263119
Agreed. Spyro 1 is purely platforming, a classic platformer in its rights. Deserves to be 2 steps below super mario in a list of platformers
>>
>>3263119
>Spyro 1 has some of the best level design

You must have played very few platformers to say this. The level design in Spyro is linear, boring and very generic. There are hardly any real secrets hidden within.
>>
>>3263195
>The level design in Spyro is linear

Did you play the game past the first world?

>boring

It uses Spyro's abilities to their full potential.

>and very generic

I disagree, if I had to give Insomniac some credit is they have some of the top concept artists and art directors in the industry. And Spyro had none other than Craig fucking Stitt in the lead.

>There are hardly any real secrets hidden within.

>no secrets in a collectathon
>>
>>3263195
>The level design in Spyro is linear, boring and very generic
Spyro 1?

Are you delusional?
>>
>>3263213
>Did you play the game past the first world?

100%'ed whole game and it was a chore.

>It uses Spyro's abilities to their full potential.

What abilities? Oh you mean charge and breath fire? The game trains you into a mindless pavlovian pattern (see metal, charge it) (if it's big, blow fire on it). It's pathetically simple, design on the level of infants.

>I disagree, if I had to give Insomniac some credit is they have some of the top concept artists and art directors in the industry. And Spyro had none other than Craig fucking Stitt in the lead.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

>no secrets in a collectathon

Seriously. There aren't any. Couple of semi obscure balconies in Wizard's Peak and that's about all I can recall.
>>
>>3263272
>100%'ed
>charge and breath fire is the entirety of the moveset
>no secrets aside from Wizard's Peak
Yeah this guy hasn't actually played Spyro.
>>
>>3263272
>100%'ed whole game and it was a chore.

I think it just didn't click with you, but alright.

>Oh you mean charge and breath fire?

I was also talking about gliding and the other stuff, most levels reward risky approaches for inaccessible/hidden places.

>(see metal, charge it) (if it's big, blow fire on it)

That's the majority of the game at worst and a 50% chunk at best.

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority

Granted, I didn't get if you were talking about the level structure or the artistic merit of them (levels were built by basically everybody on board, even the CEO), but at least get into detail when calling them "generic" and provide some comparisons, otherwise it only comes off as a bitter opinion like your whole post.

>Seriously. There aren't any.

Define "secrets" then.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.