[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Sa·Ga/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73
File: 7 Heroes Kobayashi redesign.jpg (3 MB, 4480x852) Image search: [Google]
7 Heroes Kobayashi redesign.jpg
3 MB, 4480x852
With the western release of Romancing SaGa 2 we're back in the groove.

Fans and newcomers are welcome to discuss all the retro SaGa games in here.

Let's keep it classy and remember, reporting shitposters does work.

Old Thread is here: >>3244163

>Links
http://pastebin.com/ubT3r1z5
Romancing SaGa 3 Patch FAQ
http://pastebin.com/QeD1BR5q
FAQ for people new to the series
http://pastebin.com/kRbSg6PG
>Downloads
http://pastebin.com/E1V2hcfM
>>
>>3260431

Which one's the latest redesign, and why does becoming evil turn your hair blue in the case of Wagnas/Rocbouquet/Noel?
>>
Cool links
>tfw no snes RS 2 translations
>>
>>3260468
Some day. Some day!

In the meantime, I'm finally trying my luck against the Jewel Beast's Pillars.

... and soon enough I gave up on trying to do it "legit" at a low ER and just synthed Overdrive+Chalice. It felt cheap. But after 2 hours of failure, well...
>>
File: Original 7 Heroes Redesign.jpg (3 MB, 4480x852) Image search: [Google]
Original 7 Heroes Redesign.jpg
3 MB, 4480x852
>>3260467
>Which one's the latest redesign

Those are Kobayashi's redesigns and the closest thing you'll get to "canon" redesigns though the mobile games use this set of redesigns.
Keep in mind that Kobayashi only completely redesigned Kujinshi and Bokuohn "human" forms, the others are slight modifications of the heroes in their in game boss forms, except Wagnas, which stays consistently the same.

This set of redesigns though is based on the heroes' human forms and has different takes on Kujinshi, Bokuohn and Subier, all ther others are either the same as the old designs or slightly different in the case of Dantarg.

>why does becoming evil turn your hair blue in the case of Wagnas/Rocbouquet/Noel?

Because it looks cool.
>>3260476
>It felt cheap. But after 2 hours of failure, well...
Overdrive isn't exactly cheap, it has very big penalties unless you stack class boosts, and even then it's still pretty costly, Overdrive in Frontier now that was cheap, even cheaper than RomaSaGa 2 Quicktime.

Besides, Overdrive in Minstrel Song is an emergency measure at best and mild entertainment at worst, it is fun to make vortexes with just one character though.
>>
>>3260492
>Overdrive isn't exactly cheap, it has very big penalties unless you stack class boosts, and even then it's still pretty costly, Overdrive in Frontier now that was cheap, even cheaper than RomaSaGa 2 Quicktime.

In other fights, certainly. But for that one fight that one strategy works wonders. If you can get to the second turn and the OD character gets to act too, you're golden. In my first attempt Shockwave ruined my day.
>>
>>3260507
>But for that one fight that one strategy works wonders.

True that, it's also a must have for 10FS Saruin or a very handy spell against Abyss Bat in Frontier.

You know a spell that I personally miss?

Psychic Prison, that was an amazing spell, actually, most spells in Frontier were pretty good, though some of them were incredibly broken, like Tower, LightSword or MirrorShade.
>>
(old) Interesting interview with Kawazu http://www.1up.com/features/deal-square-enix-akitoshi-kawazu
>>
>>3259712
>Pillar
>Death, Saruin, Schirach
Oh shit. I've been triggering this Vortex combo the most without knowing which one favours which god. Is gaining favour with Saruin a bad thing?
>>
>>3260519
>Psychic Prison, that was an amazing spell
I remember that spell being kinda dumb - 99% of the enemies in the game don't use magic and then the remaining 1% gets completely reamed by it, which is kinda way too wonky balance wise.

>>3260570
>Is gaining favour with Saruin a bad thing?
No, not really.
>>
>plan to have a brawler succeed Gerard
>have Gerard use mostly martial arts to give this a head start
>time to choose an heir
>Fritz isn't available even though I did the dragon's lair quest

SaGa you so crazy.
>>
>>3260431
Do you guys know where I can find complete scans of the SaGa artbooks? I'm mostly interested in Romancing and SaGa/FFL.
Already walked through the FAQs and downloads folder, but couldn't find it.

I love Kobayashi's artwork.
>>
>>3260570
>Is gaining favour with Saruin a bad thing?
Not really.
Also, now that I noticed Anon forgot that there's also the Chariot Vortex, which is triggered by five Dash attacks, though I don't remember the exact formation for that.
>>3260691
>which is kinda way too wonky balance wise.
Yeah, but I loved the concept.
>>3260823
One thing you can do is either saving before the trigger of a generation shift, but you must fight at least a random battle before finishing one generation to reroll the characters.
The other thing you can do is suicide your emperor and force a new inheritance session, that's also the only way to get all formations.
>>3260837
>Do you guys know where I can find complete scans of the SaGa artbooks?

There's a volume up on Sadpanda which has quite good scans of RomaSaGa 1 and 2, other than that you must buy the books.

In the downloads there's Essence of SaGa Frontier which has all the official artworks for SaGa Frontier, sadly we're kind of lacking in official books/artbooks scans, at least we have all the music and a few doujin albums though.
>>
>>3260910
>the Chariot Vortex
*Stallion

My bad.
>>
>>3260570
Not really, your favor with the deity is reduced to perhaps 200 points after their Benediction

Saruin is just raw damage, Death is instant death against most enemies minus certain bosses and undead Monsters

Schirach is just a Debuff effect on most enemies save several.

Each Deity has their own Benediction which is reached when favor with them is 1000 points or greater.

However late game, having a High Favor with Elore/Neutral/Dark Gods will give you a different endquest. You can actually unlock all 3 as long as you don't clear the Trials of Elore, unlock all 3 and then complete the Trials.
>>
>>3261064
>Schirach is just a Debuff effect
Oh. I just figured that Vortexes were fancy combos, not that they were buffs involved.

>>3260910
>Also, now that I noticed Anon forgot that there's also the Chariot Vortex
I stumbled upon that one too but I changed my positions around since then and haven't activated it since. It might be some variation of front middle front since I would trigger either that or Pillar with front front middle front middle.

I was hoping to make Ailing Emperor my first Fatestone quest but I let it slip. Does this lock me out of getting the Fatestone or can I still get it except with no reward this time? Right now I'm looking for Aisha to trigger another FS quest but I'm having trouble finding her.
>>
In Minstrel Song, is Lady Flammar the only way to recall Pyrology? I think I just screwed myself for a while.
>>
File: saga25.jpg (203 KB, 442x590) Image search: [Google]
saga25.jpg
203 KB, 442x590
>>3261163
>Oh. I just figured that Vortexes were fancy combos, not that they were buffs involved.

He's referring to Benedictions, not Vortexes.

Benedictions are random effects during battles where a deity will give you a blessing, like Anon said, Death is instant death on all enemies for instance, think of them as random summons, much like Odin in FFVIII, but each has different effects.

The SaGa 2 remake has a similar mechanic.

>Does this lock me out of getting the Fatestone

Yes.

>Right now I'm looking for Aisha to trigger another FS quest but I'm having trouble finding her.

Well, there's two possibilities regarding that.
One is that she's been kidnapped by old man Wuhan together with Farah, this happens once you reach a certain ER, so you might want to go to Estamir and see whether that's the case, talk to the woman in the pub in South Estamir, there will be an informer for you that will explain the quest IF that's the case, otherwise just go around in the pubs in the south regions of Estamir, Aisha can be easily found there.
>>3261253
>In Minstrel Song, is Lady Flammar the only way to recall Pyrology?

Ehhh, I'm a bit rusty on that, I think that's the case, but you might want to check a guide to be sure, sorry about that.
>>
Can someone tell me what's the difference between Final Fantasy and Romancing SaGa?
>>
>>3261471

The SaGa franchise is, by and large, a sandbox style game. You get a little bit of framework for the main character's story, and then you get dumped into the world and explore it. It's sort of like a WRPG made by Japan. The battle system is highly nuanced: there's no leveling up and no grinding. Characters get stronger by repeatedly using the same kind of weapon, magic, etc. It's very different from the standard JRPG, though it might not seem that way at first glance.
>>
>>3261471
>>3261486
Though keep in mind, Final Fantasy II (NES) was very much the proto-SaGa. But the mechanics got much more refined in the series proper.
>>
>>3261471
Back in the day there was a Legend. A Legend of Final Fantasy.
Then, as that legend grew it became a SaGa, from Romance, to the endless Frontier, Unlimited potential of Emperors and Imperial nations and ending with the Scarlet Grace on high.
>>
>>3261471
Imagine SaGa as the Final Fantasy of an alternate timeline where Final Fantasy II set the basic template for the series.

SaGa focuses on gameplay and practical roleplaying that reflects into gameplay, Final Fantasy focuses on narrative and streamlined gameplay.

SaGa is mostly non linear, has multiple MCs and endings and very large and varied casts, Final Fantasy is linear, doesn't have multiple endings and focuses on a small, defined set of characters.

SaGa uses unorthodox and unusual mechanics while staying rooted in classic tabletop games, Final Fantasy follows standard Jrpg rulesets derived from other videogames.

SaGa rewards you for taking risks rather than playing it safe, punishes grinding and traps everywhere, Final Fantasy lets you grind and gives more advantages to the player.

SaGa focuses on toolset strategy, Final Fantasy focuses on raw stats.

tl;dr: SaGa is Final Fantasy's evil, yandere twin sister.
>>
>>3261537
>SaGa rewards you for taking risks rather than playing it safe
Reminds me of Red in Frontier. Sure you have Alkaiser and it kicks all sorts of Ass, but if you use it and rely on it, you don't grow at all and you're fucked in the end game.
>>
>>3261698

Man, the way alkaiser worked was . I thought it was the coolest thing how you couldn't turn into him if there were people around.
>>
>>3261757
KO'd, Blinded, or Robots.
Also anyone know what the R3X thing at the end of Red's Quest was?
>>
So how is the android version of Romancing SaGa 2? Has a crack been released yet?
>>
>>3261809
>Also anyone know what the R3X thing at the end of Red's Quest was?
Just a joke on its source material, I think.

It's probably a parody of Kamen Rider Black RX (which was the sequel to KR Black)

>>3261973
>Has a crack been released yet?
Look at that last thread - anyway, no it's not fully cracked yet. >>3259582

You can supposedly play it but only if you have rooted your phone - otherwise the Anti-protection
>>
Did anyone else like Unlimited Saga? I heard the game had taken a lot of flack
>>
In RS2 is it possible to run out of a generic class if they all die or does it cycle back to the start?
>>
>>3262320
Pretty sure it cycles.

Enjoy your thousand-year old characters.
>>
>>3262339
>>3262320
Yeah, it's cycles - that's how people get characters like Hannibal and Kongming multiple times.
>>
>>3262241
>Did anyone else like Unlimited Saga?
I love it, though don't take me wrong, I also hate certain changes like the fact that the exploration is basically a VN menu, Naora's design are really a hit or miss compared to Kobayashi and while it had a great scenario there was some missed potential like not having at least one robot character.
But the battle and general game system is so fucking good if you get into it, and I think that the growth system is the best in the whole series, if they took out the Tetraforce exploit it would be perfect.

>>3262320
The classes cycle, so once everyone dies or enough generation shifts happen you get back to the starter/archetype character.

However, each generic that is elected as Emperor can't be reelected as such, meaning that if you want to, you can suicide run to the last emperor as soon as you get into Gerard's generation by continuously killing off emperors, eventually the game will force you to progress straight into the last chapter, which is a "fun" challenge if you're up to it, it's basically a "Dante must Die" challenge though, so I don't suggest anyone to try it before you really know how to play the game, especially completionists since you are forced to not complete one particular quest that way.
>>
>>3262241
I enjoyed it. It gets undeserved flack as well. People complain about reels being too random when all it takes is hand eye coordination to get the result you want. Easier to do it when you are in battles to land on techniques than using field skills but ALL reels have a pattern thus it just becomes a timed button press like often praised JRPG's like Vagrant Story, Mario RPG's, or Legend of Dragoon.

I liked the fact that there were so many field skills, traversing obstacles like rivers or heavy debris, scouting out locations seeing if they have traps and even disarming traps, negotiating with monsters so you are less likely to need to battle, and so on.

There are many other positives to it as well. I found it fun, though not my favorite in the series.

>>3261494
Pretty much, and the games in the SaGa series still alternate with what they do. Though most do away with skill levels towards weapons and magic and just use base stats that go up thus you can easily mix and match weapons rather than always needing a certain class of weapon to actually kill anything. Even in later games with sparking you can actually quickly spark a lot of skills when you change weapon types so you aren't hindered that much unlike Final Fantasy II. Though it is understandable in FFII since it is a late 80's JRPG.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
This fight took a lot longer than I planned. Ran out of jp and mp after several turns and ended up using two of them to stun and the other three to attack
>>
>>3262706
Good job on defeating her.
She's a tough nut, but you used a good strategy.

Why are you still using Imperial Cross though?
>>
>>3262718
Haven't unlocked any other formations, it depends on who's the emperor right?
>>
>>3262681
>often praised JRPG's like Vagrant Story, Mario RPG's, or Legend of Dragoon.
But I hated the timed elements in those games too
>>
>>3261973
you're going to need a rooted phone or emulator with a root option, xposed framework and lucky patcher 6.22

I got it working on nox app player on my toaster laptop but it's laggy
>>
>>3262745
Yup, got talk to the captain in the dojo and your emperor will talk to him.

The classes that can teach new formations are:

Nomad= Whirlwind
Amazon=Amazon Strike
Brawler=Dragon Formation
City Thief=Free Fight 1
Tactician=Phoenix Dance
East Guard=Inazuma/Lightning
Sea Merchant/Trader=Rapid Stream
Imperial Guard=Imperial Arrow
Desert Guard=Desert Fox
Hunter=Hunter Shift
Mu Herder/Saigo Clan=Mu Fence
Holy Order=Holy Wall
Sea Woman=Power Raise/Rise

Be sure to get at least Rapid Stream, it's arguably the best all purpose formation, closely followed by Amazon Strike.

In the remaster there's a new formation called Goblin Attack, but you need to clear a certain event in one dungeon of the maze of memories to get that.
>>
File: capture_02062016_192429.jpg (49 KB, 963x580) Image search: [Google]
capture_02062016_192429.jpg
49 KB, 963x580
>>3262804
Got it to work on a rooted Bluestacks build with Lucky Patcher 6.22 (I didn't do anything with it outside of installing it though)

Good god is Bluestacks unoptimized like shit though
>>
>>3260468
It honestly might be for the best, that shit's buggy.
>>
File: capture_03062016_010337.jpg (26 KB, 473x351) Image search: [Google]
capture_03062016_010337.jpg
26 KB, 473x351
Did they just mistranslate Foil as Flail?
>>
i just finished ff lengend. shoud i play the sequel on gameboy or the remake on the ds?
>>
File: 1.1254531644.dead-llama[1].jpg (170 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
1.1254531644.dead-llama[1].jpg
170 KB, 550x413
>>3262915
The thing seems to be dead http://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php/topic,18244.msg307460.html#msg307460

Not hyped enough.
>>
File: Capture.png (40 KB, 588x448) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
40 KB, 588x448
Is this type of armor locked to certain characters?
>>
>>3263456
Both!
>>
>>3263456
Your choice, the remake is really good.
>>
>>3263475
might as well. i'llcomplete the GB trilogy first and beat 2 and 3 remakes later
>>
>>3260431
I heard some people say that SaGa Frontier is an incomplete and unbalanced mess. Is it true? If so, then why would it be the best starting point?
>>
>>3263462
Gideon being an enormous faggot is what I see.
"boohoo people is demanding a tremendous amount of work for free" then why the fuck do you announce it, then keep hyping it as "80%" done, you gigantic faggot. The guy wants praise and cred but doesn't want anyone making demands or asking what the fuck is he doing with his projects. Go back to suck on Brianna Wu's phantom dick.
>>
>>3263518
Because despite the flaws it's one of the most colorful games in the line, with very diverse main characters to choose from.
It's also relatilvely easier.
>>
>>3263518

It's incomplete, and it's unbalanced. That much is true. It's rough around the edges, but there's very few games like it. It's a good starting point because it gives you an idea of what the franchise is like in terms of diversity and open-endedness, and it's fairly easy to beat compared to most of the other games while still retaining what makes the series great.
>>
File: sf-emilia-annie-liza.jpg (130 KB, 700x900) Image search: [Google]
sf-emilia-annie-liza.jpg
130 KB, 700x900
>>3263443
Nope, even worse, they mistranslated Fleuret.
>>3263474
Nope, it's a Full Plate, meaning you can't equip it if you have pieces of armors like leg guards/boots, Gauntlets or normal body armor equipped, Full Plates and suits in SaGa require you to unequip every kind of other armor pieces since, though some entries allow helmets.
>>3263518
It is unbalanced and some stuff was cut during development, like 90% of games anyway, but a mess? Not really.
>then why would it be the best starting point?
Because it's not as unforgiving as other titles and incorporates all the basic features of the modern series.

The characters are cool and some of them are pretty unique, the stories are nice, the music is great, there's a lot of good stuff really.

Besides, it's not one of the favorite and best selling PS1 games in Japan for nothing.
>>
>>3263582
kek. In fact i saw his twitter and seems like the guy is now complaining because of the preasure.

Still, i don't understand why classic games like this remains without a translation whereas others more shitty not. Unfair world.
>>
>>3263760
Its his own damn fault, he decided to work on a lot if games at the same time and now when everyone is losing their patience and complaining because he has over 40 games on the label of work in progress for the past years.
>>
i just disecovered that if you press the r or l button on romancing saga you can sidewalk and backstep
>>
>>3263853

It's especially bad due to the whole issue of "nobody is allowed to pick these games up because I'M the one working on them!" and basically hoarding dozens of games I'd love to play that aren't getting worked on.
>>
>tfw it started raining so hard that my phone doesn't have any signal and can't penetrate square's DRM on RS2
>wi-fi isn't helping

G-guess I'll just go to work early...
>>
>first fight with one of Saruin's minions
Finally, I got to hear the music that got me to try this game. This is the most fun I've had with a JRPG in years. I actually only just unlocked Frontier, an area I hadn't even noticed before, by stealing Barbara's FS and the idea that there's even more to do is so exciting. I think I'll leave that area for another playthrough since I don't want to get locked out of quests I actually want to do, like Ailing Emperor that cost me two Fatestones already. I'm hoping I enjoy the other games as much.
>>
>>3263518
See >>3263703
>It is unbalanced and some stuff was cut during development, like 90% of games anyway, but a mess? Not really.>then why would it be the best starting point?Because it's not as unforgiving as other titles and incorporates all the basic features of the modern series.

Desu.You should check out the Mechanic FAQ, especially the part about battle ranks(BR). That should make the game seem less randomly difficult.
>>
>>3263456
Gameboy game at least once. Chances are you will replay it sometime in the future since it is a short game anyway and want to try a different party composition.

>>3263462
> Square-Enix sunk in the money to remake the game and release it in English. If you really like the game and want to support it, buy it
Well, he is right about that.
>>
>>3264032
Frontier doesn't have that many quests to do.
If Ailing Emperor got you locked out of stuff, you may be too late anyway. The Frontier is doomed to destruction if you don't stop Jewel Beast.
>>
>>3264032
I find Romancing SaGa Minstrel Song as the best in the series due to the fact that it incorporates so many mechanics across the series and due to how polished it is. It is more than just a remake, but more of a compilation of the series mechanics wise.

Though yes, you will find a lot of good points in other games in the series. Hell, with SaGa Frontier all the routes have their own stories, have character specific dungeons, and each route has their own unique final bosses with unique final boss music.
>>
>>3263959
And that's precisely why I have no love for the guy. Glad to see I'm not alone on that opinion.

If it was anyone else saying what is being said in those forums it'd come off as reasonable, in the case of Gideon it's just being a whiny bitch.

I used to think he was a respectable guy until I found SMT If... was being worked on by them. Then I heard of other people that wanted to give a go at translating it, but "can't because AGT is on it". Then realized RSG2 was as well and people said the same thing. I looked into GIdeon's twitter just to see if he was working on something since all the fun projects have been on standby for years. Nope, gamergate spergery, thirsty beta socjus retweeting and weeb bullshit all in one, for months and months on end. He's the type of person that would be more deserving of the title "e-celeb" than the youtubers this board keeps shitposting about.

In short, acts like a bizarre mixture of diva and mafioso with a side of gloryhound and sjw. The living stereotype of a person that, at work, would suck the dick of everyone who can land him a promotion but backstab everyone else.
>>
>>3264032
I absolutely adore that flamenco.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k1OsApDSIw
>>
>>3264047
I guess they're doomed, then. I can't recall seeing those words next to each other anywhere in the game.

>>3264050
>Hell, with SaGa Frontier all the routes have their own stories, have character specific dungeons, and each route has their own unique final bosses with unique final boss music.
That sounds fantastic. I've been wondering just how much dialogue is generic and unique to each character in some of the bigger scenes.

>>3264053
I've recently discovered the Re:Birth version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFfhbbHrJ9o. I personally think the vocals are weaker but the instruments sound fantastic. I've also come to like Claudia's theme a lot, one thing I'll miss when I switch heroes.
>>
>>3264123
>I've been wondering just how much dialogue is generic and unique to each character in some of the bigger scenes.
SaGa in general isn't huge on dialogue, so you probably won't get too much unique dialogue unless it is for advancing the story of course.
>>
>>3264032
>Finally, I got to hear the music that got me to try this game
MAKE NO MISTAKE, THEY WILL BE MINE!

>>3264123
>I've been wondering just how much dialogue is generic and unique to each character in some of the bigger scenes.
In japanese? Quite a lot. The localized version? Ehhh, not so much, it's a terrible translation that butchers most characters.
Besides, as >>3264140 says, SaGa isn't huge generally on dialogue and Frontier's strength was that there's quite a lot of plot and lore but it's all divided between characters and some lore, like parts of Annie's story are quite hidden. You'll have to connect some dots to understand the world lore, especially when it comes to Wakatu, Trinity, the spaceships ruins in Shingrow and Mystics such as Virgil/Vardjouel, Rei-hime or Time Lord.

Some other things, like the names of Orlouge's wives are unintelligible in English because they're kind of elaborate wordplays in Japanese.

>I've also come to like Claudia's theme a lot, one thing I'll miss when I switch heroes.

It's a pretty emotional theme, Claudia's story is pretty nice overall, I got a bit teary eyed when she says farewell to Brau and Sylvan after Eule dies.
>>
>>3264237

I think a fun Claudia run is keeping Brau and Sylvan all the way up to the final boss.
>>
>>3264237
>Claudia's story is pretty nice overall
The bit at the end when her father says he doesn't care about what fate brings because he already had to drink "the bitterest cup of all" because he had to pretend not to know her for her own safety. That was great stuff.
>>
File: Not my type.jpg (1 MB, 1240x2053) Image search: [Google]
Not my type.jpg
1 MB, 1240x2053
>>3264265
>keeping Brau and Sylvan all the way up to the final boss.
As long as you don't want to fight 10FS Saruin and want to grind a bit three other good characters it's doable I guess.

>>3264275
>That was great stuff.
Yeah, I agree.
I also really like the little story of the Demonbrand when playing as Grey, Hawke and his rivalry with Butcher(with that fucking amazing pirate theme blasting in the backround), or Sif generally being based and trashtalking and humiliating every baddie in the game.

But then again, I really like SaGa's writing in general because while it can be very dramatic is still very down to earth, concise and not melodramatic, SaGa Frontier 2 is a perfect example of that.
>>
>>3264265
Man, I remember kicking all kinds of boss' ass with the big guy's Poison and Paralysis skills.
>>
i cant imagine finishing a hawke run without guella ha
>>
>>3264051
It kinda disappoints me that a drama whore like him has power over at Romhacking.
Still though, at this point you'd think any other group that wants to translate something would ignore the fuck out of him and just get to work.
It's fairly obvious he "claimed" them just for squatting rights and they're never going to get done.
>>
File: card_l_428.jpg (97 KB, 640x852) Image search: [Google]
card_l_428.jpg
97 KB, 640x852
>>3264337
It just doesn't feel right, doesn't it?
And Guella is a total bro on top of being a badass kung fu geckling.
>>
>>3260910
So how does the emperors work? Like I thought it was just Leon -> Gellard -> Last Emperor.
>>
>>3264396
Leon>Gerard>Whoever the fuck you want until you run out of characters/quests>Last Emperor/Empress
>>
>Koumei

Jesus Christ.
>>
>>3264353
What's he going to do if they do? Cry like a bitch?
>>
File: Shigen.jpg (223 KB, 713x1200) Image search: [Google]
Shigen.jpg
223 KB, 713x1200
>>3264418

2 5 MAG
S
P
D

Galaxy all day every day
>>
>>3264408

Is it feasible to run with a 4-man party until I can get the first brawler (Karl, I think), which means doing goblin cave, Kujinshi rematch, and the fiend cloister with only 4 members so I can just recruit him immediately?
>>
>>3264445
Yeah, absolutely, you'll need some good hitters to fight Gelatinous Matter though.
Magic and Cutting damage are your priority, so train Gerard in fire magic.
>>
>>3264452

My party right now is Gerard (8 Light/8 Fire)/Bear/James/Aries (8 Wind/1 Water). I was thinking it would be some oddball idea, but if it's actually effective, I wouldn't mind doing it.
>>
File: ZA DORAGON.png (210 KB, 680x790) Image search: [Google]
ZA DORAGON.png
210 KB, 680x790
>>3264467
Go for it then, keep in mind though that ZA DORAGON comes with almost non existent proficiency in everything, he'll need some nurturing before being able to fight like the others.
>>
>>3264471

Alright, that's what I'll go for. When's the earliest I can recruit Cat though? After Victor Canal?
>>
File: leonLegend_2[1].jpg (16 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
leonLegend_2[1].jpg
16 KB, 300x225
So what's the absolute best party to finish Romancing SaGa 2 with?
Hannibal is a given, but who else?
>>
>>3264434

He's got a lot of fans so they'll throw a fit too.
>>
>>3264623
They'll all throw a fit, jerk him off about how awesome he is, then pat himself on the back.
In the meantime, we'll hopefully have someone competent translating an awesome game.

That's my dream.
>>
O based SaGa anon, I invoke thy power to ask one more time for thine knowledge.

What do I do with the bird nest? The imperial log said to take it to the witch to get a mermaid potion, but she doesn't seem interested in it. I thought there might be an event in Atlanticus with the dancer, since everyone's talking about mermaids there, but no dice. Could I get a hint?
>>
>>3264873
She'll take it once you actually progress far enough in the quest that involves mermaids
>>
File: 1462124878674.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1462124878674.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
I just got these in the mail.

Is it time for fun?
>>
>>3265391
every first play of these was great, SF2 is the most polished out of the 3
>>
File: BBSaGa.jpg (495 KB, 864x807) Image search: [Google]
BBSaGa.jpg
495 KB, 864x807
>>3264571
Truth to be told, as long as you have the right tools it matters little who you bring to the fight, though of course statistical advantage might help a lot.
Hannibal is a great help because it's your best physical attacker bar none, his only problem is that he's pretty slow compared to most party members, using the Emerald Axe setup is a pretty safe strategy too, but if you manage to get a Dragon Gae Bolg you don't need to grind Axe proficiency levels, the Emerald Axe is still a safer strategy though.

Koumei buffed with the Liberty Staff's Bless will probably do insane damage with Crimson Flare or Galaxy but he's made of wet paper and you'll have to grind him to at least 800 HP to not have him die before the battle ends.

A Female Holy Order is always a solid party member, I always take one with me for healing, buffing and attacking with spells.

Last member can be whoever you want really, I used a Ninja in the remake and it was a pretty good, albeit arguably very fragile, choice, but as long as you can keep being aggressive you'll be good.

But again, it matters little who you bring, the Seven Heroes are NASTY, it's far more important to have the right tools for the battle, I mean, people have even soloed them with Coppelia back then, though the Wind Cutter bugfix might change that a bit, if you can use the Dragon Pulse setup in the remake it should still be possible to solo.

Regarding formations, I jump in the Rapid Stream bandwagon, though many jap players also used Amazon Strike, depends on your build and team really.
>>3264873
>What do I do with the bird nest?
You need to take the Bird's Nest together with the other two ingredients, the water from the Aqua Lake in the Ludon Plains and the Eggshell from the Savannah, she won't make you the fishman potion otherwise.
To get water from the Aqua Lake you'll have to bring Tethys the Moonlight Comb, and to do so you have to liberate the Molemen from the Queen since they're the ones who'll make it for you.
>>
>>3264873
>I thought there might be an event in Atlanticus with the dancer,
>Atlanticus

THAT CITY'S CALLED MERMAID GODDAMN.
Anyway, you need a male emperor for the dancer to appear, keep in mind that if you do the Ghost Ship quest before that you won't be able to trigger the Dancer/Mermaid quest.
Also keep in mind that completing the quest will make your male emperor abdicate for obvious reasons and will probably cause a generation shift as well since you'll get a portion of South Rongit as part of the empire, which also means more taxes for you luckily.
>>3265391
>Is it time for fun?
You got three great games there Anon, if by time you mean literally hundreds of hours of your life, yeah.
If I can make a suggestion, play in release order, you'll appreciate the game more as you see them getting more and more polished.
>>
File: latest[1].png (1 MB, 905x1175) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
1 MB, 905x1175
>>3264808
>>3264623
>>3264434

Come to think, maybe we could make the translation. People here sure knows japanese. I don't know shit about romhacking, but i know programming and i was always interested in these subjects.

It could also serve as advertisement for this shitty board
>>
>>3265561
>It could also serve as advertisement for this shitty board
why in gods name would you want that
>>
>>3265561
>People here sure knows japanese.
Talking for myself, that's a big stretch, I know elementary japanese and little else, I do know there's a few anons around /vr/ that are pretty fluent, though I wonder if they're still here, I'm talking about 2 years ago.
>It could also serve as advertisement for this shitty board
Ewww no, that's the last thing I want.
We're already suffering through constant shitposting and garbage thread, the last thing I want is even more outsiders.
I understand that you have good intentions anon, but the internet can only really work for that kind of stuff in small, closed communities, anything bigger than a handful of people always degenerates in e-drama, flaming wars and general troubles, see what happened to every good board here after they got some attention.
I'd rather have a small but tight-knit community of people that heartily enjoy the same stuff rather than a large fanbase of troublemakers or people looking for the next hip thing to spam all over the internet.
>>
Can someone remind me what Weight affects in RS2 outside of turn order? I vaguely recall something about Martial Arts needing low Weight but I don't know the specific

Also what are the best unit types early game when you haven't unlocked all the super special classes yet - it's always the most painful part of the game for me.
>>
>>3265702
>I vaguely recall something about Martial Arts needing low Weight but I don't know the specific

I honestly don't remember anything like that.
Usually weight affects wrestling moves like Suplex and Unlimited had its own separate system for weight in Martial Arts, but RomaSaGa 2 doesn't have mandrama waza.

I might be wrong though so you better check out a wiki or something, are you sure you're not thinking about RomaSaGa 3?

>Also what are the best unit types early game when you haven't unlocked all the super special classes yet

Considering the game's highly non linear that's a rather difficult question to answer, you can get people like the Saigo Clan/Mu Herder as soon as Gerald's generation and they're considered some of the best in terms of melee combat and tanking.

I'd say that your go to classes for the first two generations should be City Thieves, Holy Order, Sea Merchants and Brawlers.
For super early game like, first gen after Gerard's one any of your Imperial guys like Free Fighter are more than enough, just don't fight in the Meru Desert and you'll be fine.
>>
>>3265724

Not that guy again, but I've heard of a no final emperor/empress run where completing the game in a specific way won't force them to take the throne. I kind of wanted to do that with Coppelia so that she'll be my last empress before the final boss.

Also, are the final emperor/empress of Avalonian blood, or do they swooce right in and claim the throne when no one else can?
>>
Damn, I figured it would be like this but touch-screen controls are really awkward with on-screen enemies - it's almost impossible to dodge anything and I wish they at least made Dash speed the default without triggering "Broke Formation!" to make up for it.

Also I think I might taken Frameskip for granted because the process of teaching magic to everyone at 1x speed is just painful.
>>
>>3266103
>Also, are the final emperor/empress of Avalonian blood, or do they swooce right in and claim the throne when no one else can?

No canon story on that, so you can assume whatever you like.

Mechanically wise, no they're not since if your party gets wiped out Inheritance Magic kicks in to choose somebody living in that same era to transfer the power of the dead Emperor/Empress to keep up the fight against the Seven Heroes, completing certain quests like the Mermaid quests also makes your emperor abdicate and fuck off with their monster waifu so the original bloodline would stop there.

Then again, there's no canon info on that, closest thing would be the old RomaSaGa 2 manga but afaik it's not recognized as canon and I don't know too much about it besides some dank japanese internet memes.
>>3266120
>it's almost impossible to dodge anything and I wish they at least made Dash speed the default without triggering "Broke Formation!" to make up for it.

Dashing without breaking the formation would go against basic design rules of the trilogy.
To be honest, they actually removed the original screen filter gimmick, in the SNES version you had a filter that made all actors besides the emperor invisible when you dashed, much like RomaSaGa 3 makes enemies almost transparent when you dash, it's already less dickish than it was in the original.

I can understand your problem though, having a legit d-pad is much better, luckily the game's coming on Vita in the west as well, hopefully with a corrected or better translation.
>>
>Romancing SaGa 2 (Android)
>92 games sold

What do you make of this?
>>
>>3266147

>completing certain quests like the Mermaid quests also makes your emperor abdicate and fuck off with their monster waifu so the original bloodline would stop there

I noticed that on one of the preview images, a new emperor mentioned that they would avenge the previous one. Does that line change depending on how the last ruler left the throne? I assuming it's only said when a ruler gets LP-killed or a party wipe happens, but what about getting dark magic or just running off with scaled maidens?
>>
>>3266153

It makes me sad that we're probably not gonna get any more official releases in English, but it's okay because I'm learning Japanese anyway.
>>
>>3266153
Expected critical failure, nobody gives a shit about it in the west.

>>3266167
>a new emperor mentioned that they would avenge the previous one.
>Does that line change depending on how the last ruler left the throne?
It only happens when your current emperor/empress falls in battle, all the rest is a generic "let's do this"-"やるぞ!"
>>
>>3266153
>92 games sold
That's the number of ratings.
>>
>>3266153
It's a niche, unpopular series in the west and I can perfectly understand why people wouldn't like it. People might be interested because it's an SE game but beyond that expect:

"Confusing. Too hard. There's barely a plot. It doesn't tell me what to do next. How do you level up? [FF2 comparison and complaint]."
>>
I want to know more about global levels of a proficiency, either weapon or skill. Is the global level determined by the highest reached level at one time?

Let's say I just reached 14 Light. Is the new global level 14 Light, or is it averaged between characters, or how is it calculated?
>>
>>3266153
>android

well of course it was gonna flop, if they wanted people to actually buy their games, they would've put it on pc through steam
>>
>>3266271
Sounds par course.
>>
>>3266153
Niche, unpopular series that only appeals to hardcore fans on a platform where new fans are going to be hard to find due to the price and lack of legacy for them, as well as few hardcore fans because many of them are also the kind that are antiphone.

Basically, they were using phones as a way to test the waters, but fucked themselves in the ass doing so. It's almost like they did it intentionally to fuck the series, but it's probably just that they aren't aware of the western audience for this series.
>>
>>3266587
>Is the global level determined by the highest reached level at one time?

I believe so.

>Let's say I just reached 14 Light. Is the new global level 14 Light

Truth to be told, I'm not exactly sure myself how the general proficiency level is exactly calculated, it's kind of hard to understand it since while there is in fact a general plateau, the actual proficiency distribution varies with classes.

By empirical observation classes with native spellcasting abilities get bonuses on the general level regarding the native schools of magic, i.e. Imperial Guards get bonuses on light magic, Tacticians get bonuses in Fire, Earth and Light, so let's say that your emperor has 20 proficiency levels in Light magic, your tactician will probably have around 25 while a class with no natural Light magic i.e. City Thieves will probably be around 14-15.

Though again, this is based on my observation only so I might be very wrong.

I guess I'll hit a JP wiki tomorrow and see how it works exactly.

By the way, I saw some more of the translation, it's a goddamn mess, I withdraw anything I've said some time ago, this is a fucking disaster.
>>
>>3266804

Yeah, I noticed a few typos and spacing errors in dialogue or descriptions. Also, the in-battle dialogue seems to be timed wrong, because Kujinshi (I'm just going to call him that) was like "T-This cannot be..." before using Soulsteal on Gerard but after his first dialogue where you know he's about to cast it.

Additionally, could Gellard have been translated to Gerard or Gerald? They're both legitimate names.
>>
>>3266829
>Additionally, could Gellard have been translated to Gerard or Gerald?

The Avalon kingdom is evidently french inspired, it is situated in the Varenne region and the original three royals all have french names, it's pretty evident by looking at Gerard's name which uses a vocal elongation in the katakana ジェラール(Jeraaru), with ー being a vowel doubler for the (a) in Ger(a)rd, same thing for Viktor which is written as ヴィクトール(Bikutooru) , both use the elongated vowels used in the french spelling, I don't know whether Gerard is a more french spelling than Gerald though, I don't know that much about french onomatology so I'll leave it at that.

I'm more bothered about garbage like Kzinssie though, let alone completely changing classes' and cities' names for literally no reason, I'm pretty fucking mad.
>>
>>3266871

Who knows if the translation was outsourced or in-house. Why does Kzinssie say "Excellent." right before you defeat him in the rematch? It implies that he intended to lose, but in the following cutscene, he seems upset that you won.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-17-40-50.png (991 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-17-40-50.png
991 KB, 1280x720
>>3266871

Yeah, I can't into jp but even so I can tell that the translation kind of sucks. Lots of typos, formatting errors, this bug here that turns characters' names into garbage, name changes, etc.

Despite all of that, I'm still glad that I can play it in some semblance of English without having to use a guide or anything. Would've been nice if the game had a manual, though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-06-03-18-01-11.png (509 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-06-03-18-01-11.png
509 KB, 1280x720
These guys have a lot of fucking nerve, goddamn.
>>
>>3266998
WWFD rite
>>
>Water Dragon guy wants something for Wulan's daughter
>Earth Snake Lady wants something from Avi first
>Avi wants something from Pyrix first
I can't even remember what I'm looking for in the first place. The game is trying to rile me up to kill them, isn't it?
>>
>>3267262
It gives you the option to kill them because, yeah, fuck those lazy indian giving assholes.
>>
Is there some place I can find what main stats all the RSaGa 2 weapons run off? I know some are Strength, some are Dex and there might be some hybrid weapons in the mix.
>>
jesus saga has a ducking horrible encounter rate. im getting fights like every one or two steps and i don't think it was that bad earlier in the tower but now it's just really annoying.
>>
>>3267726
SaGa has a random encounter interval from I believe something like 0-50 steps.

Yes, zero steps is correct. You can sometimes get into a battle immediately after exiting one, or immediately after loading your data.

Get used to quickly saving and loading data (takes less than 5 seconds to do either), and using A+B+Start+Select to soft reset the game and go to the title screen. When you don't want to get into a battle, just save, move like 10 steps, save again, and soft reset and quickly reload when you get into one.

This is how the game is meant to be played. Save all the time and soft reset and reload whenever you want. Later SaGa games literally have a "quicksave" feature separate from your hard saves for this exact purpose.
>>
>>3267753
I've been doing that, but it's still really annoying. Shit is reminding me of post Ginza SMT.
>>
>>3267765
How appropriate that within the game narratives it's also mostly for the same reasons in both cases then. God is content to fucking sandbag you the whole game while he sits there and watches like a cunt.
>>
>>3267262
If I recall correctly:

Climb Mt. Scurve first to meet Avi and accept his request early game (Bring him the Ignigarde for Cyclone Shoes)
Meet Pyrix during the infestation from Mt. Tomae to unlock the Ice Sword quest and the chance to fight Pyrix to spark techs (Trade Ice Sword for Ignigarde)
You can Meet Adyllis at any time by gaining access to Bayre Plateau (Trade Cyclone Shoes for Raincloud Armlet)
You can meet Strom during the Water Dragon Rite quest. (Trade Raincloud Armlet for Wuhan's Daughter)

(Killing Strom will net you a Mirror Shield which helps against Jewel Beasts' Multiplex Eye)

Out of all the JRPGs I played that trading BS across Mardias is perhaps the most tedious.

Also if you completed their requests, it opens up their Ecology quests. You can't fail them on the playthrough you first initiate it, however every subsequent playthrough, you can fail it, doing so allows you to fight corrupted versions of the 4 Elemental Lords.
>>
>>3267817
You can force Galahad to buy the Ice Sword at any time by entering the shop it's sold at with enough money to buy it. She'll tell you that someone else just happened to walk in and buy it before you did, at which point you can go and rob him at any time.

You can also fight Pyrix at any point after Avi asks you to get the ignigarde.

You need to go to Bayre plateau to get the faerie orb that's there anyway, so that's not too bad.

Basically, you can get the ice sword before ever being sent to get it, and actually do the entire sequence without visiting any place more than once, you get to Strom and just already have the raincloud armlet when shit goes down, everything wraps up automatically.
>>
>>3267836
I should mention that you CANNOT convince Galahad to part with the sword willingly unless you've already started the quest. You MUST kill him.

And that's what I do every single time.
>>
RSaga 2 Android question: Is the description of Bastard Sword saying "Can be used 1 or 2 Handed" inaccurate? I don't think I've ever seen someone trigger a shield block while also using the Bastard Sword, but it could just be terrible luck
>>
"Open up your heart. Perhaps people will be more receptive!"
- Barbara, to the God of Evil Saruin.

This game...
>>
>>3267262
They're chain quests, each elemental lord wants an item the other has, minus Flame Tyrant/Pyrix which wants the Ice Sword, so have fun running around Mardias.

>The game is trying to rile me up to kill them, isn't it?

They're kind of dicks to be honest, Flame Tyrant and Water Dragon/Strom are not complete assholes but they're still dicks.

>THAT WILL NOT SUFFICE

Yeah, no fuck you.
>>3267587
Swords, Greatswords(including Katana), Spears, Axes, Hammers/Staves and Martial Arts run off Strength, bows and rapiers run off Dexterity.

Certain waza however use Magic as damage multiplier, such as the Worm Slayer's Swarm.
I believe the old Faqs on Gamefaqs have data on it.

>>3267898
>Can be used 1 or 2 Handed" inaccurate

It is, it's meant to say that the Bastard Sword, like other swords such as the Moonlight can use both Greatsword and normal Sword waza, and to be perfectly clear, it's USE only, it doesn't mean you can spark sword waza with a Bastard Sword, but if you spark or teach somebody normal Sword Waza they can be used with the Bastard Sword too.
>>
>>3267770
>How appropriate
you fight like a cow
>>
Man, my first game the fight with Saruin only took me one try.
This time I'm having a hell of a time trying to beat him. I just can't keep up with all his bullshit. Might have to go back to the save and retrain someone to use a new weapon class or something.
>>
>>3267262
>The game is trying to rile me up to kill them, isn't it?
Yep. Sometimes you just say fuck this shit and do things your own way. I got the ice sword my own way. That is partly why I like the game as well, while in the end you do defeat Saruin your character isn't always guaranteed to be the paragon of all that is holy in the world.

Sometimes you just gotta pave your road with the corpse of those that dared to stand in your way. Which is why I like this song so much: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFOw90kjf1E
>>
RS2 question: if the Emperor starts to build something, will it still be finished properly after a generation jump?
>>
>>3267726
They did it so you would always be in the thick of the action when you played the game in short spurts. Even with all that it still clocks in to about 10~12 hours.
>>
>>3268027
Of course, same with any weapon you pay for creating, remember though that Fusion magic NEEDS a generation shift to be taught, so don't wait until it's too late.
>>
File: Remakes-Well-Done.jpg (329 KB, 930x620) Image search: [Google]
Remakes-Well-Done.jpg
329 KB, 930x620
>>3266998
>>
>>3267961
>They're kind of dicks to be honest, Flame Tyrant and Water Dragon/Strom are not complete assholes but they're still dicks.
Pyrix motivations for wanting the Ice Sword makes sense, but I never understood why the hell the rest of the elemental lords loan out their items to each other and have to trouble random people to go get them back - especially considering they're like human-sized and clearly not Elemental Lord size so they couldn't have been using them.
>>
>>3268003
PHEW.
I guess I got lucky eventually!
I got into the second phase with poor healer Aisha dead, but Lizard Bro managed to be SUPER speedy and healed her, wasting Saruin's first turn.
From then on it was a succession of lucky breaks, like Albert being the target of single-target spells and then Animate Dead the next turn. Except NOPE! Moonstone!
With four consistent attackers going at it nearly every turn I was able to deplete the second and third set of pillars.

I am satisfied. Though I'm not sure if I'll do a third run right away.
>>
>>3268045
The elemental lords probably have their own agenda when it comes to Mardias, probably they're meant to keep the ecologic balance and the item loan is a way to test adventurers so that they could assure whether they're capable of completing their ecology assignments and keep the balance between creatures in the world.

Regarding items, they're probably just tokens to them, though there's no official explanations on that afaik.
>>3268053
>like Albert being the target of single-target spells and then Animate Dead the next turn. Except NOPE! Moonstone!

You can leave a character with the moonstone dead to bait Animate Dead continuosly and make Saruin waste turns, not feasible on 10FS though.
>>
>>3267984
isn't it "you fight like a drunken cow"?
>>
>>3268148
nope
>>
>>3262676
The one thing I disliked in Unlimited is that there was nothing waiting for you for clearing all the scenarios. Feels kinda anticlimatic.
>>
>>3268039
I don't get it, sprite/polygon mix is nothing new, the PS had thousands of RPGs that ran on that look and people love them.
>>
>>3268623

Isn't that how most of these games are? I think frontier at least had a debug room or something waiting at the end.
>>
File: galasad.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
galasad.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>3267817
I actually met Pyrix first and did the sparking trick. I thought he was a pretty chill dude, ironically enough, so I figured I'll kill him on another playthrough since I can't imagine Claudia murdering someone who said he just wanted to mind his own business. I did do the sparking trick and finally came across the original's boss theme though, so that was pretty cool.

Robbed Galahad of his Ice Sword and gave everyone what they wanted already. All that and I only got $10000 from Wulan so I reloaded and chose the Wisteria for Claudia.

>Mirror Shield which helps against Jewel Beasts' Multiplex Eye
I haven't even seen him pull that. He wipes out my entire party with that Overkill move.

>>3268756
Exactly. I don't mind the look one bit, it actually reminds me of Suikoden.
>>
>>3268962
>I can't imagine Claudia murdering someone who said he just wanted to mind his own business
From what I gathered of her unique lines she actually sounds a bit cold-hearted. No surprise considering who raised her.
>>
>>3268623
>there was nothing waiting for you for clearing all the scenarios.

Only Frontier and Minstrel Song had some kind of content for clearing all the scenarios though.
At least the final boss gets stronger in Unlimited.

>>3268962
>I thought he was a pretty chill dude

Flame Tyrant/Pyrix is the least assholish elemental lord and as you said minds his own business most of the time, he's also the guardian of the netherworld on top of that, Water Dragon/Strom is the most well intentioned but ends up looking like an asshole, Kyllis/Adyllis is a sore cunt but at least she lives in the middle of fucking nowhere and doesn't disturb people but holy shit Tiny Feather is a fucking unsufferable asshole, I always kill him first.

>HURR, YOU DON'T WANT ME TO EAT YOUR ANIMALS RIGHT? GO DO SOME ECOLOGY QUEST FOR ME SO I GET TO EAT.

Fucking cunt snail bird

>so I reloaded and chose the Wisteria for Claudia.

You did good, Wisteria can also be randomly obtained through treasure hunts, but doing Wuhan's quests is far more convenient.
>>
Not 100% SaGa related, but since some anon mentioned last thread...

What's the best way to play Romancing SaGa 2 on my smartphone with a PS3 controller?
There's tons of different tutorials online but I thought I'd ask here anyway, since some of you already have experience doing it.
>>
>>3269141
If you only think about SaGa, yes. But I was thinking about it more in the sense of videogames in general. Some time later for example I played Live-A-Live which ties its stories together pretty well.
Although I have to admit, the only SaGa games I have played a lot are probably the least SaGa-ish one, the original game, III, and Frontier 2. I blame the fact that I actually DO like to grind, and you can do it in these games. Although I admit that in Frontier 2 you have to go out of your way to do it in a manner that will be useful.
>>
File: Kawazu's dankest spell system.png (36 KB, 512x448) Image search: [Google]
Kawazu's dankest spell system.png
36 KB, 512x448
>>3269574
>Some time later for example I played Live-A-Live which ties its stories together pretty well.

Well, you should play Rudra no Hihou if you haven't already, it's also by Kawazu and you can kind of grind in there.

It uses the SaGa multiple MC formula but it's linear and all the MCs are tied together in the general plotline, so even if they meet up at times you need to play all four of them to understand the story and lore as every MC has his or her different main quest, it's a pretty neat albeit greatly flawed game, batshit insane graphics too for a SNES game and nice music as well.

I'd say that if you like Kawazu-isms it's a must play for the magic system alone, most characters are also nice, though the plot kinda nosedives in the finale.
>>
So I'm trying to get the ice sword and Galahad spawned with it in front of the pub in Altours, but the only options are "I'm not a thief" and "Wrest it from his hands"

what do?
Playing as Albert and I already had Galahad in my party but dismissed him
>>
>>3269620
>what do?

Choose "I'm not a thied" if you are a sensible person, then recruit him back and either troll him by taking him to Flame Tyrant/Pyrix or get his sword and kick him out.

Choose "wrest it from his hands" if you want to taste the Keen Edge of Justice™.
>>
>>3269634
yeah, tried fighting him and he OHKO'd my entire party with snowstorm
I'm also trying to get the ice sword wothout talking to pyrix first, just to get it out of the way
>>
>>3269605
Yeah, I've heard of that before, but never actually tried it. To be honest I like giving any kind of game a chance, but lately I'm kinda struggling with my backlog. The SaGa games I've played, I've done on release mostly. One I really want to play since I didn't get a chance to as a kid is SaGa II, I've managed to find a cartridge, but I find using my GBA too much of an hassle, I want to find an SP to play it on, but I don't want to pay too much for it and I suck at using sites like Ebay and such.

Speaking of SaGa II, I wanted to share this, which I think is pretty cool.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLa6xXIqYvw
>>
>>3269605
I get lost every single fucking time I play this game
>>
>>3269605
I didn't know Rudra was made by Kawazu
great game
>>
This song in FFL: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHuNUBJBe4k

keeps making me think of this song from Tyrian: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YcczswPHgc

Every time it plays, I keep hearing the "HA!" in my head.

Also, I'm in some ruined city now. How much further do I have to go? I'm assuming not much because I have 3 crystals, but I don't know how much tower is left after this.
>>
>>3269915
The world you're in is the last world. The tower has 24 floors, and you'll find the penultimate boss on the 23rd.

There is a relatively compressed sequence after that boss as you make your way to the very top.
>>
>>3264051
>SMT If...

That reminds me, Gideon supposedly rewrote alot of shit in his SMT translation that wasn't even in the original script.
>>
>>3269951
This shit should be unforgivable. I know it's impossible to do a 1:1 Japanese translation and make it sound right. But your goal as a translator should be to get it as close to the original as possible while making it sound/read properly.
>>
>>3269929
Thanks for the info, pal.

I'm already thinking about how to do my party in the second one, and I know they introduce robots, but I don't really know what their gimmic is. I really liked my ESPer because early on they were pretty powerful, but I hated the random spells shit, making me either savescum to keep the ones I want or not, so I was thinking about doing like two robots or something.
>>
>>3270074
I can't think of any reason why I wouldn't want to go Human/Esper/Mec/Monster
>>
>>3270085
My main thing is just not a fan of the randomness of their spells. If I had a choice over what I could keep, I wouldn't be as annoyed.
>>
>>3270085
Human/Human/Human/Human, best party.
>>
>>3270074
Robots get their stat boosts from their equipment, and anything with uses gets those uses cut in half on a robot, but you can recharge them at an Inn.
Anything you remove gets it's uses cut in half too if I remember correctly.
>>
How strong do you have to be to take down Spriggan? I'm doing the "bad route" Cumberland path because I never done it before and I see that you apparently can't use the secret entrance to skip him
>>
File: 1437314879382.png (13 KB, 448x288) Image search: [Google]
1437314879382.png
13 KB, 448x288
fug
>>
File: everybody was kung fu fighting.png (546 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
everybody was kung fu fighting.png
546 KB, 1024x768
i love in the romancing saga trilogy when a character gains a stat/waza they do a pose that looks lika a action movie. espacially when all of them gain stats
>>
>>3270224
No clue what you are asking since when you say that I can only think of Lute's final boss.
>>3270074
>and I know they introduce robots, but I don't really know what their gimmic is
They gain stats based on the equipment they use, also all items equipped to them have their uses halved (rounded downwards) but you can refresh the items charges at an inn. They were my go to guys when I started getting good weapons in dungeons like muskets, grenades, SMG's, and so on since I could easily recharge those items on them while using attacks that hit groups of monsters.

On the first game I beat of FFII I think I did a one human, two mutant, and a robot party. It is all up to you what you decide to choose but I highly suggest getting a robot since they are fun to use.
>>3270214
>Playing a SaGa game and only choosing humans
It's like playing Shadowrun or something else and playing as a human.
>>3270363
What about when you select a skill and they do a pose based on what action was selected?
>>
>>3270374
RSaGa 2 - there's a Spriggan guarding the castle of the castle during the Cumberland scenario - normally you enter through a secret passage through the garden and bypass him but you can't do that if you wait too long before doing the scenario.
>>
File: battle stance.png (660 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
battle stance.png
660 KB, 1024x768
>>3270374
it's just as cool
>>
>>3267843
Or you could just Recruit him early on in the Temple of Mirsa in Crystal City and just keep him until you get enough cash for the Ice Sword.

You gain 2x the favor with the Dark Gods if he was in your party beforehand.

He is an LP tank (Has some of the highest LP of the cast (18)), but has shitty BP regen.

>>3268962
The greatest challenges of the game are the 3 Dark Gods and Awakened Jewel Beast. Jewel Blaster is a Quad Elemental attack. He does use Multiplex Eye which can inflict paralysis on a party member, Mirror Shield negates Gaze attacks. JB is immune to Magic, so if you have any mages, you are shit out of luck, their use will be utility for that battle.

Every 6 turns he will fire off Jewel Blaster, when you whittle down his HP to a certain number, he will fire it every 3 turns.

>>3269141
Trust me, you will want to clear them if you want powerful weapons on another playthrough, their corrupted versions drop good weapons with special abilities, especially Pyrocanis who drops the Cosmo Egg which has very high Attack power for a Hand Axe (49 Attack)
>>
Well, that was a hell of a last boss fight with God.

Lost like five times due to the fact my monsters literally could not damage him, so I had to rely on my human doing very little damage (like 300-tops with Masamune) and my mutant with flare.

I'm glad the RNG Gods let me win, because I know the last boss could out damage me faster than I could heal.
>>
>>3270938
He can also do recover as well.
>>
>>3270973
The final boss? Jesus.

He did that one confusion attack like 10 times in a row with no affect. That's the only reason I actually won.
>>
>>3270224
Spriggan has around 10000 HP, so it's clearly not meant to be taken down if you go directly to Cumberland, same with entering the fortress in Viktor Canal by destroying the front door.
Also, I'm sure you've noticed he has Grand Slam and that's a bullshit strong attack, you'll need around 600 HP or so to even stand a chance and not die in one turn.
What you should do against Spriggan is the usual strategy to deal with Giants, try to stun him, use a formation that either baits attack so you can use counter waza and not make him use Grand Slam so much or try to beat him in speed and use Rapid Stream coupled with waza that can stun.
But really, Spriggan isn't meant to be fought at that point unless you did a lot of other stuff before Cumberland, which also means you're locked into the bad end though. The good thing about him is that you can learn the Grand Slam mikiri, which helps a lot against Dantarg.

>>3270363
That's one of the things that I love too, probably the main reason why they associate SaGa with JoJo so much in Japan, there's lot of fabulous posing.

>>3270437
>Cosmo Egg
That's a pretty damn heavy weapon though, much like all the weapons you get from the corrupted versions of the Elemental Lords.

>>3270938
>because I know the last boss could out damage me faster than I could heal.

That's one of the main traits of SaGa when it comes to battles, you can't tank, it's very different from other games where you can inflate your stats so much even final bosses usually just scratch you, SaGa doesn't let you tank in the way you do in other games, that's why you have to focus on finding a strategy that lets you survive first of all, coupled with the introduction of LP later on it's one hell of a system.
>>
>>3270437
He's really not even top 3 LP tanks, when you have Guella Ha, Theodore, and Claudia, all of whom are better characters in other aspects while having comparable LP.

I think there's also Herman, who has like 20 LP while sucking at everything else.
>>
>>3271060
>when you have Guella Ha, Theodore, and Claudia, all of whom are better characters in other aspects while having comparable LP.

The only advantage they have over Galahad is having better BP regeneration, Minstrel Song doesn't have fixed stats so the only things that matters while making character tiers are LP and BP stat wise.

Herman's problem is that he grows pretty slowly and has very low starting stats and a shitty redesign.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1136x640) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1136x640
I got the goblin formation scroll on my second try, first time they all used final strike. I was not prepared for the rest of the dungeon and had to juke my way to the nearest exit.
>>
File: 2016-05-27-082635.jpg (62 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-27-082635.jpg
62 KB, 960x544
>>3271297
>I was not prepared for the rest of the dungeon and had to juke my way to the nearest exit.

It's normal.
Careful in the undead dungeon, the Onmyouji event has a pretty tough boss that you need to defeat in order to get the class.

The final bosses of each dungeon are almost final boss tier too so don't even think you can fight them at the point you're in now.
>>
>Think about doing the Meru Desert on Android RS2.
Slay me.
>>
>>3271329
It's not so bad, at least you can actually see where you're going now, so even with bad controls it should be manageable.
>>
>>3260431
I know this might be much, but does anyone have a link for the japanese guide scans of games like saga 2 and 3 ?
>>
>>3271234
>The only advantage they have over Galahad is having better BP regeneration
like this isn't a big deal
>Minstrel Song doesn't have fixed stats so the only things that matters while making character tiers are LP and BP stat wise
but then
>Herman's problem is that he grows pretty slowly and has very low starting stats
you claim stat growth doesn't matter then acknowledge that stat growth matters in literally the next sentence

like dude what are you even saying

The only thing Galahad has going for him is his martial arts base power modifier.

Something you can also get on Hawke, Sif, Theodore, Guella Ha, and Silver also.

All of whom are better than him at almost everything. Silver is pretty fcking hard to use with that 4 LP though.
>>
Is investing into martial arts in RS2 a waste of time? My brawler has only sparked one move since I got him and it's been kind of a while.
>>
>>3271575

I don't think so. I ran with 4 characters until I could do the Fiend Cloister to grab Karl, and I sparked Sobat off of Kick, and then Meia Lua Compasso (fancy kick that stuns enemies) off of Sobat on the Victor Canal boss.
>>
>>3271475
>you claim stat growth doesn't matter then acknowledge that stat growth matters in literally the next sentence

Stat growth SPEED doesn't matter because all characters can reach the same plateau opposed to systems with fixed stats where no matter how much you grind, Muse won't hit as hard as Harid with a sword, which isn't a problem in Minstrel Song as long as you grind.

Stat growth speed is hardly a problem if you know how to play the game and minmaxing requires to spend a lot of time anyway and by the time you've maxed your characters Herman is bound to have caught up simply due to how the system works, not to mention that his large LP pool lets you use him as a pretty reliable support tank or meatshield.

I agree that better BP regen is a big deal though, it is in fact the most important factor in tiers in Minstrel Song and the big reason why Barbara is arguably the best MC gameplay wise.

>Silver is pretty fcking hard to use with that 4 LP though.

Silver is a Dragonite though, so she's sturdier than she looks, she does require a lot of maintenance against bosses like Death or Saruin though since they're too strong even for Dragonites.
>>3271575
>Is investing into martial arts in RS2 a waste of time?

Absolutely not, Martial Arts have an unbelievably good skillset as always.
The only thing Martial Arts can't do is hitting multiple enemies, but you can self heal, self buff, counter, stun and even have indirect attacks like Chi Shot or Eradicate Evil so you can get around enemies with counters.

>>3271591
>Meia Lua Compasso

Oh lord, that's simply called Capoeira Kick, what have they done to this game?
>>
>>3271672

Meia Lua Compasso is the proper name for that specific kick in the Capoeira style though, isn't it?
>>
Are we having a translation talk? There's definitely a lot of fuck-ups but I think most of the name changes seem intentional...

Kzinsshie - I've seen it in use in several official Square stuff before - I think most notably they call the track theme that on the music soundtracks, so for whatever reason, it looks like the Japanese themselves decided that this is how you spell his name.

Atlanticus - Well, it's pretty obvious this can't possibly be a "translation" mistake because I don't know how anyone remotely competent would go from Mermaid to that. I don't know why they localized it like that though, because it does make the line "This town is famous for mermaids, that's why it's called Atlanticus" sound kind of dumb, but maybe they're planning some kind of future reference or something.

Lob Omen - Apparently this precedent was set in Last Remnant? Which had a higher quality translation than RS2 so probably intentional here http://lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Lob_Omen

WHY they decided on what they used, I don't know, but at bare minimum they apparently didn't just run the names through Google Translate and used the first outcome.
>>
>>3270938
Back in the day, we called him Creator and oneshot him with our Saw.

Nah, just kidding, Human 1 spamming Glass Sword that didn't actually break, Human 2 Masamune after throwing him the N.Bomb for 594 damage, Mutant and Monster spamming flares.
Speaking of SaGa 1, it's kinda annoying how monsters are much weaker than anything else, since their gimmick is kinda fun. That said, 2 Humans 2 Mutants is probably the perfect balance of inventory, focused damage, and AOE firepower, but doing that I'd be sad everytime an enemy dropped a meat. Also monsters are actually kinda cool when you have to do a very long treck and there's no inn for miles. Still, they're pretty much useless on final boss unless they have a strong physical attack, flare (to damage him for 3 rounds) or well, the saw skill.
>>
>>3271680
>Meia Lua Compasso is the proper name for that specific kick in the Capoeira style though, isn't it?

Not even close.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiLqVCyyoPs

Capoeira Kick has your character visibly jumping and do a reverse kick, it's a flying kick, the Meia Lua de Compasso is a ground spin kick.

Besides, it's literally called Capoeira Kick, it's not a problem to translate unlike 乱れ雪月花, it's literally Katakana, why do they have to push their own arguably wrong interpretation of a simple concept such as Capoeira Kick?

Damn, it's SaGa Frontier all over again.
>>3271706

>Kzinsshie
It's a wrong romanization of Kujinshi, see what SRW did for their Kurogane ship which is written as Kulogwane in their artbooks.
If you write it as Kzinssie/Kzinsshie you lose the wordplay on the Shinjuku metro station the character is named after.
Japs suck at romanizing their own stuff, but if a translator can't see that, and doesn't even know the naming conventions of the games it's still a bad localization.
>This town is famous for mermaids, that's why it's called Atlanticus

The Town was actually called Mermaid, but the japanese phrase you quoted uses 人魚 (ningyo) which stands for mermaid, or more accurately fishman/merfolk, it's another shitty translation.

>but maybe they're planning some kind of future reference or something.

Up to now there's no Atlanticus in any SaGa game as far as I remember, so I exclude that.

>Lob Omen - Apparently this precedent was set in Last Remnant?

Can't comment on this one, most people tend to translate it as Love Omen, but it's written as ロブオ―メン whereas love is written as ラブ so I tend to go with Lov/Lob.

I'm seriously thinking about filing some sort of complaint for this, I'm tired of having subpar localizations, that's one of the main reasons I stopped buying localized games and learned Japanese, but I can't stand them keeping up this shit, it makes me seriously mad.
>>
Do I actually have to go look at the orchard to get it to grow? I forgot to do it last generation (when you get the victory theme upon entering), but the orchard was already technically created, and even after a 189 year timeskip, it's still a little tree.
>>
>>3271756
The tree in the orchard grows using battles as a counter.
>>
>>3271768

That's fine, but do I actually have to enter the orchard to get it to start growing?
>>
>>3271779
Yep
>>
>>3271779

Crap, then that means I just wasted a lot of battles, although I don't suppose it catches up right after I leave?

Also, I don't suppose anyone made a chart detailing the amount of battles you'll need?
>>
>>3271782

Whoops, I meant to reply with >>3271808 to you.
>>
>>3271808
>although I don't suppose it catches up right after I leave?
I can't say honestly, since I checked quite regularly, it does look like every battle you do after the threshold for a growth session is reached isn't registered though, but I can't confirm.

>Also, I don't suppose anyone made a chart detailing the amount of battles you'll need?

http://gamecentergx.at-ninja.jp/rs2/garden.html

Left Column is the tree's rank, center is number of battles needed to get to the next stage, right is crown income for each stage.
>>
>>3271837

When I entered the orchard, the old man says the tree is 2,200 crowns, which is apparently the second phase of the first part. I guess that means my battles weren't wasted, even though the guide says there would be 2 trees?
>>
>>3271857
>even though the guide says there would be 2 trees?

No, that number you see is the growth stage of the tree, you're in the second stage right now.
>>
>>3271872

Alright, it looks like I'm good then. I was worried that I wasted some time, although I could've sworn I walked into the orchard before and got the victory theme.
>>
I got lucky with my next generation, so now I have Dynamite as emperor, and Beaver/Sidhe/Lily/Libra. Let's do this!
>>
>>3272082
Libra is a pretty good offensive spellcaster, Dynamite is the brawler/mountain monk with the highest LP pool iirc, it's a good team.

Remember to talk to the captain in the dojo so you get the Dragon formation.
>>
>>3272115

Yeah, I grabbed that too. I heard that the safe spot is in the 4th position, but from what I can visually see of it, wouldn't 2 and 3 be safer?
>>
>>3272120
>but from what I can visually see of it, wouldn't 2 and 3 be safer?
Kind of, Position 4 is the least targeted position.

It's a bit of a nasty formation in terms of defense anyway since as you see the Emperor is in front while the other teammates are in a semirect formation behind him.

The Dragon formation is a formation that should only be used if your Emperor has high SPD ratings since all the characters behind him/her will attack in order after he/she gets a turn.

Problem is that position 1, 3 and 4 all receive horizontal damage by techs like Lightning(remember Gelatinous Matter?), if targeted by vertical hitting techs it's also a big problem because if the target is 2 then 1 and 3 also get hit, same formula for every other party member outside of position 1, the adjacent numbers of the targeted number get hit by vertical attacks.

It's a blitz formation, meaning that if you use that you better be able to kill first, it's basically a Rapid Stream with different tradeout, whereas Rapid Stream ALWAYS make you attack first regardless of your party members' SPD it trades off with being the least useful formation in terms of defense, Dragon Formation still gives you pretty good chances at attacking first but a slightly better formation in terms of position so you don't get completely slaughtered by stuff like Red Dragon Wave or Kamaitachi.
>>
>>3272139

Well, I'll keep all that in mind. Dynamite has his martial arts proficiency, but also Fire/Earth/Light.

Beaver will be working on shortsword/epee stuff.

I've read that Sidhe is actually a pretty decent martial artist, so she'll be on backup if her sword skills can't cut it. It's cool that she started with some light too. I gave her and Beaver earth and water.

Lily and Libra are the casters, who I gave light to as well. I'm trying to focus on elements as early as I can because I don't have enough for fusion magic yet, but I have a lot of crowns.
>>
File: 私が町長です.jpg (52 KB, 370x400) Image search: [Google]
私が町長です.jpg
52 KB, 370x400
>>3272165
>but I have a lot of crowns.
Not for long.
>>
File: sparkinginthefaceofdeath.webm (98 KB, 640x352) Image search: [Google]
sparkinginthefaceofdeath.webm
98 KB, 640x352
>>3272175

You better not, man.
>>
File: ZawaZawa.jpg (455 KB, 779x1016) Image search: [Google]
ZawaZawa.jpg
455 KB, 779x1016
>>3272252
It's true tho

You'll need to fund the University

You'll need to put money in smithing stuff, and that's 800000 a pop for mid tier equipment, and to get there you have to spend 400000 for starter tier, and the best tier costs 1200000 for every single item.

Then there's Fusion Spells which cost 500000 each...
>>
>>3272278

help

Well, looks like I'll be doing that then. Now that I'm getting 12k per battle, I don't have to worry too much. I was grinding like a dummy anyway.

I wish you could put your ruler somewhere else in a formation like in Imperial SaGa (also, Unlimited SaGa content when).
>>
>>3272291
>I was grinding like a dummy anyway.
I really hope for you you're at least able to fight some mooks for proficiencies, RomaSaGa 2 punishes you pretty hard in terms of BR.

>I wish you could put your ruler somewhere else

No can do, most of the formations have the Emperor as the pivotof their gimmick, if you could replace the Emperor with anyone else you'd break the balance completely, exactly like what happened in Imperial where basically everyone uses Dragon/Rapid stream so much they neutered Rapid Stream for the semi PVP.

>(also, Unlimited SaGa content when).
Last update was Minstrel Song Hawke, Butcher and Silver, I suppose we'll keep getting Minstrel Song characters for a while, probably all the MCs with some support alernated with other retrains and maybe the rest of RomaSaGa 3 and Frontier 2 and then they'll introduce Unlimited.

The updates are very erratic though, so maybe we'll get Unlimited sooner than expected but they still have to finish adding characters from basically anything but SNES Romancing SaGa. They're also slowly updating the CUBE routes for Fuse too and also have to keep up with the semi PVP event, last rebalance was a disaster so they'll probably work on that too.
>>
>>3271724
In the WS version, I already used my Glass Sword because it only has one use in that game, so I didn't have it for the final boss. They also fixed the stat bugs, so 99 is the actual max.

My monsters were pretty competent for most of the game and more than outdamaged my Human and Mutant for most of it, but having nothing but elemental attacks made them useless at the final boss. At least it was easier in that I only had to worry about healing two people.

My mutant ended up with 99 in each stat, so I guess they came out on top in the end. I just wasn't a fan of having no control over what skills they learned.
>>
>>3272324

What are the saga phone games like, anyway? I can't imagine they're very similar to the regular titles, because most of the mechanics like sparking, stat gains and battle rank wouldn't work in a traditional phone game.
>>
>>3272324

I'm going to be trying to fight those enemies in that other place outside the town with the armed merchants. I need to work on epee stuff for Beaver so I can give everything to a moleman. I want a moleman later. :3c
>>
File: Assholemagician.jpg (158 KB, 1030x579) Image search: [Google]
Assholemagician.jpg
158 KB, 1030x579
>>3272358
>What are the saga phone games like, anyway?
I never played Emperor so I can't tell you much about it besides it being a card game with some SaGa mechanics slapped in.

Imperial is a web browser game, though you can play it on tablets as well so it's kind of a mobile game as well.

>most of the mechanics like sparking, stat gains and battle rank wouldn't work in a traditional phone game.

Actually, Imperial has those mechanics, you do spark but the difference is that sparking is now simplified, at certain difficulty ranks you get the chance of sparking a set tier of waza, that's it, no using other stuff to learn stronger waza and if you only take hard missions you only spark waza for that rank, anything lower or higher is automatically excluded.

Stat gains work similarly to the GB trilogy but you only have three main stats and items that can be used to gain stats in a subtable of stats which are very similar to Minstrel Song, HP grows as well but the game's AP is fixed to 50, you can train characters to make waza less costly though, or make them more powerful but more costly.

Also, character have a growth limit depending on rarity numbers, so once you reach a limit they won't get stats anymore, doing harder missions give you more level ups chances as well.

Battle Rank is now simply mission rank, since you select missions from our hub, which are all basically a gauntlet of battles in maze-like routes, so you have to manage splitting your party members around.

It's not a stellar game by all means, though it made HUGE progress since launch, it was almost literally unplayable compared to now, but it's great for the crossovers and fanservice, like having Gerard and Gustave becoming sworn friends, Robin and Alkaiser fighting together in the name of justice,Fuse dicking around with people like Boston and various shenanigans, the Knights finally being a fucking huge family so Ginny can finally be with Rich and see what her dad was like and so on.
>>
>>3272393

Fuck, that honestly sounds pretty awesome even if the gameplay itself isn't great. Guess I'll ramp up my JP studies a little harder.
>>
Holy shit, fuck Strife, Scorn and Spite. How the hell are you supposed to beat them all together?
>>
>>3272690

>Get rid of the armed merchants
>everyone in Mobelm is still complaining about them and nobody lives in Nuono period

I think I fucked up but fuck those guys anyway.
>>
>>3272742

That wasn't supposed to be a quote, sorry.
>>
>>3272690
by the time you fight all 3 you should be able to dunk one of them in a single round

you could also interrupt their casting with shock
>>
There's a patched version of Android RS2 which doesn't require root access to run now.

Now if only I could transfer my Bluestacks save file over...
>>
>>3273151

I want it if only because I'm tired of not being able to play at all when my phone's connection goes to shit.
>>
>>3272690
>How the hell are you supposed to beat them all together?

Concentrate on taking them out one by one, you should know how to combo and use Vortexes by the time you get to Quietus, moreover, you should be able to synthesize either Shock or Overdrive to cheese them.

Use the same strategy as you would do with normal minions, keep in mind though that the attacks you use against them will be memorized by Saruin, so don't use all the stuff you have or your most powerful moves otherwise Saruin will cockblock all the moves you used against the minions with Parry.

>>3272742
>fuck those guys anyway.

Say goodbye to Rapid Stream then, you were supposed to make peace with them, mah boi Enrique is also a pretty GOAT axe user.
>>
>>3273151
Got a link, oh kind Anon?
>>
>>3273650
https://kat.cr/romancing-saga-2-v1-00-patched-mod-apkpita-t12721681.html

You need the OBB from elsewhere, this is just the patched APKs. Download the "Patched Normal" one (Patched Mod is unlimited money, as stated)

When the game starts, WAIT when the screen has nothing but a black screen with "Quit" until the game starts up
>>
>>3273665
Thanks!
>>
>>3272789
Any idea how the shock effect is calculated? Because it never seemed to work for me.
I just took the coward's way out and avoided the Minions.

On the plus side now I know what the Minions meant with the "now I know how you fight". It'll make my third run Saruin fight go a little smoother.
>>
>>3274532
Not sure, you may need to raise your level of Demonology or fuse spells to Shock Wave using one of the classes that has that ability.

If it's stat based, all I can tell you is grind like mad until your stats are high enough to instigate Shock.
>>
>>3274532
>Any idea how the shock effect is calculated?
If Minstrel Song uses the usual system in SaGa games, it's probably a mix of proficiency in demonology and magic stats like Intelligence, though I might be wrong on that.

>now I know what the Minions meant with the "now I know how you fight".

Told you bro, it's a cool mechanic though, much like Berva can spark Sway in his battle in Frontier, it can be a huge but fun pain in the ass.
>>
>thinking I'm hot shit because I've been having a pretty easy time in Romancing SaGa 2
>enter the Gelid Ruins and fight the giant

G-guess I'll come back a few generations from now.
>>
>>3274532
I really wish I knew the first instance of "BUT NOW I KNOW ALL OF YOUR MOVES" in media

Like I'm sure I've seen it in Hokuto no Ken or something like that, but I can never seem to remember where I saw it outside of the SaGa series
>>
>>3274592
The giant guards the legendary Amethyst Axe, you gotta earn that, mah boi.
>>
>>3274532
The chances of inflicting willpower status ailments is your INT calculated against the enemy's WIL, or your DEX vs the enemy's WIL in the case of techniques. This is actually based on the specific ailment being inflicted rather than it's source, but as a general rule it works. Shock is INT vs WIL.

The chances of inflicting body status ailments (like paralyze with blunt strike) is your DEX vs the enemy's VIT.

The chances (as well as the magnitude) of decreasing stats with techniques is your DEX vs the enemy's AGI.

These of course are reversed in the case of you yourself being the target.
>>
>>3274592
Speaking of that, what's the longest you can hold on a single generation before the game kicks you into the next?
>>
>>3274573
>Fighting Berva in Emilia's scenario
>Sway Back and Dragon Turn learned
>Drop my JetBoots and Wing Amulet to lower Qui
>Hit him with Last Shot
>He thinks he's gonna counter it now
>but then next turn
>Berva tries to punch
>Sway back
>MOTHER FUCKING COUNTER SLICE BITCH
>>
So I finally beat Saruin. Is the ending made up of fixed scenes? I know you can recruit Raphael and Neidhart, so what if I did? Pretty great game overall though, I had a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't like was the fixed camera and chaining insanity later in the game. A more minor issue, the final boss music was kind of underwhelming after amazing pieces like Wicked Melody, Challenge to God and Passionate Rhythm.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the rest of the SaGa games. I think I'll go for two playthroughs with Albert and Hawke/Sif before moving on though.
>>
>>3274943
if you didn't like the final boss music I'm guessing it's because you didn't turn the volume up loud enough
>>
File: Alkaiserkick.jpg (637 KB, 1000x766) Image search: [Google]
Alkaiserkick.jpg
637 KB, 1000x766
>>3274909
>what's the longest you can hold on a single generation before the game kicks you into the next?

Iirc, once you reach 250 years you'll get a forced generation shift after you complete an event, but I must recheck that.

>>3274927

Berva's pretty fun to fight until you realize that Sway only works for direct melee and he gets rekt by indirect melee.

>>3274943
>Is the ending made up of fixed scenes?

Yep, some of those require you to fulfill certain conditions, Wuhan won't appear if you kill him for instance.

>I know you can recruit Raphael and Neidhart, so what if I did?

I never brought Raphael with me to Saruin, but I once brought Neidhart during a Sif playthrough and still saw his cutscene.

>the final boss music was kind of underwhelming after amazing pieces like Wicked Melody, Challenge to God and Passionate Rhythm.

I think To the Altar of Revival is pretty GOAT, same for Decisive Battle with Saruin, but then again, my favorite battle themes from Minstrel Song are Chaos Labyrinth, Believe in my Justice, The Soul of Fire and A Piece of Courage, Passionate Rhythm doesn't really count because fucking everyone likes Passionate Rhythm, it's a given.

Try Frontier once you're done with Minstrel Song, it's not as balanced or complex, but it's very satisfying to play nonetheless, great music and characters too.
>>
>>3274898
Then I have no idea why Aisha kept failing to inflict Shock. Oh well.
I should keep exploring magic in the next playthrough. It's something I always ignore in my SaGa runs.
>>
>>3275001
When you bring Neidhart with you it's actually his body double in the ending scenes
>>
>>3275208
I think you can use fusion magic to make a spell that both inflicts shock and lowers willpower, but don't quote me on that

You also have to make sure you get the source of shock off before they get their turn for it to work
>>
Just got shat on by Bokhohn for the first time, is the strategy in this fight just "be faster than him?" He seems to use Marionette whenever he feels like it.
>>
>>3275386
>is the strategy in this fight just "be faster than him?"
Yes, and it's significantly harder if he's in his second form, so hopefully you got a Tactician early and did the quest fast
>>
>>3275454
>not fighting all bosses in their strongest forms on purpose

WHY DO YOU EVEN PLAY THIS SERIES

10FS saruin, Full power Destroyer, full power Egg, every time
>>
>>3274927
It takes abit of work, but you can actually win the tournament by doing stuff like that. It's pretty neat.
>>
File: FFNoel.jpg (18 KB, 170x170) Image search: [Google]
FFNoel.jpg
18 KB, 170x170
>>3275386
>is the strategy in this fight just "be faster than him?"
For the first form, yes, but he's a weakling there, that's why you should get Rapid Stream and destroy him in a few turns.

The second form is nastier though, but the key is still being faster than him so he doesn't buttfuck you with Marionette.

>>3275774

To be fair, the hardest forms of the Seven Heroes can be terribly frustrating since most of them except Kujinshi or Bohkuon have little to no weakness, fighting Noel the hard way is a true test of strategy and patience as he has absolutely no weakness to exploit.
>>
>>3274873
Hokuto no Ken has it in the Kaioh fight, where Ken knows all of Hokuto Ryuken moves and how to counter them. Saint Seiya has it that the same move is ineffective on a Saint that has already seen it. Kinnikuman makes a great deal of finishing moves, being able to see someone finishers, and being able to counter it, or make a new one, are often what determines who wins a fight. Jojo has that possessed sword that registers and nullifies new battle techniques used against it. Yu Yu Hakusho has the Dark Momotaro that by eating his dango, becomes immune to attacks used against him that he's survived before. In Kenshin, Shishio uses his subordinate's fight to learn how to counter Ama Kakeru Ryu no Hirameki (but fails to do so as the move has a continuation he didn't know). Seeing how the opponent punches is also kind of a big deal in Hajime no Ippo, since boxers learn the rhythm, tells, reach and such of punches to be able to dodge, block, or counter them. Disgaea 5 has an evility that reduces by 30% the damage from specials that have already been used during a fight. In DD2, Rasetsu Baal completely nullifies any attack that's already been used against him during the fight with one of his evilities, so your strategy has to include using many different attacks for this reason.

In general, this is the whole reason Secret Ougis are secret. Because the more people see them, the more likely a counter will show up.

I feel like a big nerd now, but there's probably many more instances that I don't know or haven't listed.
>>
File: img000003.jpg (260 KB, 892x1400) Image search: [Google]
img000003.jpg
260 KB, 892x1400
>>3276047
There's also a lot of examples in Baki the Grappler, Yuujiro learning Kaku's own Xiaoli counter is actually very similar to Berva since the player can also use Sway.

Same thing Oliva did in the match with the taiwanese Kaioh where he used his own technique to troll him.
>>
>>3276054
In general I'd say it's a common trope in those fighters that 'evolve' both physically and mentally when attacked. I think I saw that in Nogami Neuro (in the AI arc), in Street Fighter 2 Victory manga (where Ryu has to switch off with Evil Ryu who basically just nukes the guy with superior firepower), DBZ with both Cell and Majin Buu, HXH with the Chimera Ant King, etc. There guys usually either become immune, or become able to use, or both.

I also just remembered Kid Radd, where the protagonist is basically a fighting savant that won't be hit by the same move twice. The people fighting him seriously try to take him down taking this in account, in fact.

On a slightly related note, Kumo desu ga nani ka, be it the webnovel, the light novel, or the manga version, uses a system where you get better at skills by using them and get more resistance the more you're hit by some kind of attack, and where skills you have are more important than your level. It feels like a very SaGa-ish world.
>>
>>3260431
any romancing saga 2 tips, do's or don't, I already know I need to keep encounters to a minimum, but what else is there?
>>
>>3276174
>but what else is there?
Git Gud

Jokes asides, simply try not to fuck things up, there's a few missables in the game too so be careful about those, one is the Somon Ring in Somon, you'll find it by going through the unlit fireplace in the mansion in Somon, the other is one of the bard's instruments, you can only find him in Nuono while doing Gallon's quest in a small corridor section while chasing Gallon.

Don't make the mistake of not using magic, magic is fundamental in this game and so are magic levels, the only way to learn new magic is to have high magic levels and you NEED spells to simply not die on the first turn of boss battles.

All the rest is standard SaGa fare, just more non linear and subsequently harder to manage, also, most bosses here don't fuck around so don't be surprised if they push your shit in in one turn or something.
>>
>>3276184
ty I will replay it multiple times anyway, but was just wondering if there were some critical things
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 73

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.