[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Rise of the Triad: Why no ports?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: riseoffthetriad32x.png (506 KB, 736x472) Image search: [Google]
riseoffthetriad32x.png
506 KB, 736x472
Doom was ported to everything. ROTT had zero ports. That's a shame as the hardware Doom was ported to would've run ROTT much more smoothly, fullscreen and all.

A GBA port with link cable multiplayer would've been especially cool.
>>
>>3259593
Probably came out at an awkward time. Was right when fourth gen was ending yet too far away to wait for fifth gen consoles to come out without a major loss of interest.
>>
>>3259593
Because Rise of the Triad wasn't a good game.
>>
>>3259957
x2 - never got the the appeal of this "gem".
>>
>>3260137
It's wolfenstein with more stupid. You can play as a dog on shrooms.
>>
>>3259957
It is though
>>
Doom was ridiculously popular. Rott was a relatively obscure title.
>>
>>3259593
Probably because it didn't have an arcade version, that would have been great for multiplayer, then they could have ported it to virtual boy, if they handled that better.
>>
>>3261224
They should really remake this on 3DO.
>>
>>3261238
maybe if they remade 3do!
>>
>>3259593
You just couldn't trust such ports back then. Consider how lousy the duke3d ports were.
>>
This game is much better than Doom. I'm glad it never got much coverage, so it doesn't get ruined with crappy mods.
>>
File: imfree.jpg (85 KB, 638x814) Image search: [Google]
imfree.jpg
85 KB, 638x814
>>3259593
>>
>>3260195
It feels like a satire on shooters you have to be a fps fan to enjoy, like a campy movie. You have to already be invested in the genre to like more content.

I love the game but it has limited appeal.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.