[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
SNES rgb noise?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: IMG_20160531_160043.jpg (1 MB, 1836x3264) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160531_160043.jpg
1 MB, 1836x3264
Today, I received an rgb cable from retroconsoleaccessories for my SNES. I am getting a lot of horizontal noise on dark/black screens. I have run it through a switch with other consoles as well as directly into my scaler, without change. I even tried a second Super Nintendo.
None of my other cables from them have this issue (they're all crystal clear).
Does anyone else have this issue with SNES? I know there can be audio noise interference but this happens on boot screens as well, with no sound.
I tried to take a picture...but it's difficult to snap moving blue bars on a black screen. I assume you, it's a lot more noticeable in person.
>>
Ground probably not connected.
>>
File: 1464720669067.jpg (13 KB, 238x192) Image search: [Google]
1464720669067.jpg
13 KB, 238x192
>>3258776
>rgb
>>
>>3258776

This one works great for me. The seller drop ships with amazon prime so I got it ~6 hours after I ordered it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cinpel-Scart-RGB-Cable-for-Nintendo-64-GameCube-New-/281705813742

What monitor and SCART-> BNC adapter are you using?
>>
>>3258818
Scart to bnc from wookieewin. It's a csync signal.
I've contacted retroconsoleaccessories to see what they like to do.

As expected, it's not as good a jump on SNES as it was with my Genesis and Saturn. I was on s video, and although it was a crummier cable, it was still great, if slightly blurrier than rgb.
>>
>>3258776
Are you using the original power supply? Are you using a csync cable?
>>
>>3258845

Weird. I use that Cinpel cable I linked you and a wookiewin SCART-BNC adapter. I'm also using the original power supply.

Do you get that same noise with your other RGB consoles?

Do you still get the noise when you plug the BNC outs directly into your monitor?
>>
>>3258848
Yes and yes. Two super Nintendos, two different OEM power supplies.

>>3258867
No noise with any other console, using rgb...or anything else for that matter.
Yeah I still get the noise when it's connected directly. I run a DVDO scaler to vga and LCD.
>>
>>3258936

just buy a different brand of cable
>>
>>3258776
>retroconsoleaccessories

scammed again
>>
>>3259319
I have three other cables from them and they've always been very good. This new one is jacketed and a lot thinner...the Scart connector is also cheaper than before. Honestly, would be the last console would want for rgb (it is) so it's probably the last scart lead I will buy.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.