[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this game worth playing? Or should I just stick to the newer ones?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: shantae.jpg (19 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
shantae.jpg
19 KB, 316x316
Is this game worth playing? Or should I just stick to the newer ones?
>>
definitely worth playing.
>>
The beginning is harsh as fuck, it gets a lot easier as it goes on.
>>
>>3257034
its pretty short, but really great
>>
>>3257034
Best graphics on the GBC. Better looking even than a lot of GBA games. Arguably best music too. But it's slow paced and full of backtracking and farming. The dance animations are unskippable and get annoying quickly. But it's fairly short so you might as well play it.
>>
>>3257034
I didn't like it. Lots of cheap hits from enemies that home in on you from angles that it's hard to hit them at. Play it if you want, but the newer ones are definitely better.
>>
I really liked it. I like the music, characters and the graphics. I also like how you transform into animals to solve puzzles.
>>
>>3257074
>Arguably best music too
Alberto Gonzalez, Manfred Linzner, Stello Doussis, Will Davis, Krzysztof Wierzynkiewicz, Jeroen Tel, Prehistorik Man and DokiDoki Sasete say no.
>>
Is an ok game thats has been overrated because the newer games are full of pandering
>>
>>3257034
It's a great game but fucking $500 for a cartridge? Suck my balls.

Definitely emulate, worth a play through.
>>
File: 34-1362549952.png (53 KB, 210x168) Image search: [Google]
34-1362549952.png
53 KB, 210x168
>>3257285
Dude, he said "Arguably".
>>
>>3259425
That might be why he's trying to argue
>>
>>3257074
>Best graphics on the GBC
bold claim
>>
>>3257074
>The dance animations are unskippable and get annoying quickly
modern players, everyone
>>
>>3259541
That looks awful. Better to work within the limitations than overreach and create an ugly mess.
>>
>>3257290
I don't like the new games, definitely like the first game though. Saddens me when its stronger aspects, like the pace, enemies and art style get knocked down by people that prefer the simplistic new stuff
>>
File: 1442802132586.png (28 KB, 480x144) Image search: [Google]
1442802132586.png
28 KB, 480x144
>>3259547
>That looks awful
You're in a bit of a minority with that one. The games have been compared to P&C classics, for good reason

>work within the limitations
they did

>ugly mess
the what now?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.