[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do I need Dosbox to run Might and Magic VI?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: MightAndMagic6Box.jpg (43 KB, 256x303) Image search: [Google]
MightAndMagic6Box.jpg
43 KB, 256x303
Hello anons little unsure where I should post this but here goes.
I am currently downloading a old classic called Might and Magic VI, since Piratebay.se/piratebay.org is shutdown in Norway
I went to several sites and found a site where i can download a huge winrar file of the game(s)

My Question is do i need to use Dosbox to run Might and Magic VI?
>>
DOSBox, no.

Windows only, but that doesn't mean it'll run on XP or later. GOG version probably works.
>>
>>3256730
I just confirmed the GOG version works fine on 7

Man. Now I want to play. but I've completed 6-8 sooo many times.

Great games.
>>
>>3257669
Actually, it's running fine on my Win 10 partition too.
>>
Get the unofficial patch from here:

https://sites.google.com/site/sergroj/mm
>>
Somewhat unrelated but does Might and Magic 3 get any better after Fountainhead? If not I might just move over to 4 or 6.
>>
File: 0123332.jpg (37 KB, 530x270) Image search: [Google]
0123332.jpg
37 KB, 530x270
>>3261168

Just play Wizardry.
>>
>>3256602
GOG version is working fine.

Also >>3257669 this Jesus Christ. Few times a year I want to play them, but once I start I remember there is nothing left to explore since I finished them so many times.

I will never understand why the fuck they got rid of the old Erathia/Enroth/Jadame (Antagarich) world. Such a grand and amazing lore and design and everything.
>>
>>3261237
No
>>
>>3256602
>Do I need Dosbox
Nah. It runs just fine on 9x.
>>
>>3261168
That depends on what your exact problem is.
>>
>>3262326
I already started 4 and it's much more interesting for me. I couldn't stand Fountainhead. Unfortunately I've been having some issues with text getting all corrupted after a crash.
>>
>>3262503
What part of Fountainhead didn't you stand?
There's only like a dozen monsters in the town so you shouldn't spend much time there anyway. You can also leave the town before killing everything and explore the surroundings.
>>
>>3262509
The looping soundtrack, the area design, and the general look of it.
>>
>>3263287
And you like 4 better in that regard?
You can enter buildings but overall it doesn't seem that different.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.