[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever finished Super Mario Bros without using warps,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5
File: mario-bros.jpg (227 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
mario-bros.jpg
227 KB, 1600x1200
Have you ever finished Super Mario Bros without using warps, cheats, or save states? If so, what did you think of it?
>>
Yes, I did.

It's a fun game. 8-3 is pretty hard.
>>
>>3256190
Not missing out on much.
>>
I have. Great game, especially for its time, but World 8 is a real bitch. The bullet bills in World 5 (or was it World 6?) are really annoying.
>>
Beat the second quest without using warps cheats or save states

It's a nice game.
>>
Yes.

Always enjoyed it. Not my favorite Mario but it's a solid 8.5/10
>>
>>3256190
Oh, sure.
Worth doing at least once.
Some of those skippable worlds are fun to play through.
>>
>>3256190
Why is the original SMB so fun to manipulate via game genie?
>>
The world's you normally skip from the first warp are actually pretty fun desu.
>>
If you're playing Mario with friends, it's just courtesy to use warps. Makes the game shorter so you don't hold them up all day.
>>
File: 女生徒驚き.jpg (78 KB, 544x416) Image search: [Google]
女生徒驚き.jpg
78 KB, 544x416
why do you keep making this thread
>>
I just found out the reason i like this game so much is because the levels are designed so you don't have to stop running so it's always fun to replay.
>>
>>3256190
yes. more times than I can count. one of the best games ever made, infinitely playable.
>>
>>3256190
does holding B and pressing start to continue count as a cheat?
>>
>>3256190
Nope.
Controls are a lot more floaty than I remember.
>>
>>3257102
What the hell, is that a mini dude in there?
>>
>>3259289
Of course, stupid.
>>
>>3259289
Yes.
>>
Everyone who likes video games should do it
>>
>>3256787
>skippable worlds
Skippable worlds are majority of the game, dude. You can skip half of world 1 and 4, and entire worlds 2, 3, 5, 6, 7 - world 8 is the only world you need to beat fully.

So, like, one would assume majority of the game is fun? I guess?
>>
File: lol.jpg (942 KB, 2048x3456) Image search: [Google]
lol.jpg
942 KB, 2048x3456
>>3260593
yes, so?
>>
File: 1464725673045.gif (1 MB, 245x118) Image search: [Google]
1464725673045.gif
1 MB, 245x118
>>3261264
>so?

THATS AWESOME
>>
I usually warp thru the first quest, then play thru the second quest in its entirety.
>>
File: 1393276091378.jpg (27 KB, 500x385) Image search: [Google]
1393276091378.jpg
27 KB, 500x385
>>3261264
I don't care what Obongo says, two nukes weren't enough.
>>
>>3256450
I've actually gone 5 times through it, then died. My score was 6 Million, I think. All Stars version.
>>
>>3256190
Yes. And I figured out why I ALWAYS used warps as a kid. The game really, really drags on. The Japanese SMB2 is kind of the definitive version because the levels keep being creative and fun rather than samey chores. At least until you get to the extra worlds and shit goes downhill fast.
>>
Yes. It was alright, but I played Giana Sisters first which kind of ruined it, as Giana Sisters basically improved it in every way.
>>
>>3256190
yea that game is super easy after you beat the lost levels
>>
it is better with warps desu
but the game is only as good as you remember it/ how you always played it
>>
what are some platformers like super mario bros that have game overs with no continues, and therefore you have to try to get all 1 ups you can because you can actually lose?
>>
>>3261842
Giana Sisters.
>>
>>3256190
Yeah, it's easy.

Lost Levels isn't hard either.
>>
I always play it without those things, and I generally get stuck on 8-3 and get a game over.
>>
>>3262340
8-3 is easy. At the two parts of the level where there are the hammer bros on brick platforms, there's a power up in the 2nd brick from right of the top row of bricks of the first set, then the 2nd brick from left on the top row of bricks.

As long as you have fire, you can just mow down the remaining hammer bros, then breeze through the last level. Keeping your fire is really helpful to kill the hammer bro right before the last Bowser.
>>
>>3262334
i think the alphabet levels are pretty tough
>>
>>3256190
Did it last week after doing the 3-1 lives trick. World 8 is the only real bitch. 8-1 and 8-2 require you to be really careful because check points are out of stock. 8-3 has all those awful hammer bros so you get a flower or die. Then 8-4 is another stupid maze that ends with another hammer bitch.
>>
>>3261346
They give you more lives on All stars version. Does not count.
>>
Can't beat world 8. Furthest I can get is 8-2.

I'm lucky to even get to world 8 if I'm trying a warpless run.
>>
i could only beat it with save states

too difficult and controls are shit
>>
>>3262870
Pretty bad bait.
>>
>>3256190
I've never been able to complete SMB1 without assistance. I feel kind of bad about it, but it's still a great game.
>>
Yep.

Liked the black-and-white level, that was a pretty nifty surprise.
>>
>>3263965
Are you mistaking it with Kirby's Adventure?
>>
>>3256190
I beat Ninja Gaiden without save states but I cant beat Mario without them, if they didnt start you at square 1 for game over in SMB I would be able too
>>
>tfw never made it past either 8-2 or 8-3

To this day I still don't know how to deal with Hammer Bros aside from hitting the platform they're standing on, and I even fuck that up.

The only NES game I ever actually beat was Mega Man 2, and that's because you can just use passwords or keep the console on.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.