[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's a better entry point into Might and Magic? 3 or World
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: 1464578002843.png (463 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1464578002843.png
463 KB, 640x480
What's a better entry point into Might and Magic? 3 or World of Xeen?
>>
cant go wrong with either, my man.

I would go with isles though
>>
>>3253567

Dark Messiah
>>
Okay so I started Might and Magic 3 and I'm trying to figure out how to switch to MT-32 sound instead of soundblaster shit raping my ears. Anyone have any experience with this?
>>
>>3253668
I like the soundblaster soundtrack :B

starting on 3 is good though its pretty much the same as world of xeen but less content.
>>
>>3253675
Stuck with soundblaster anyways because too much effort to change it. Digging how this manual is written like a journal.
>>
>>3253567

>World of Xeen
>>
>>3253668
If you're on Windows 8 or later you're fucked.

Windows 7 or earlier you can use the M.U.N.T emulator. You can hook it up to DOSbox, I don't recall how exactly, just Google it.
>>
>>3253720
I have win7 fortunately. Any combat tips? Should I roll 3 fighters, 2 casters, and one thief? I heard Druid is mandatory for some of these games to get into certain areas.
>>
>>3253726
Oh, also for M.U.N.T to work you'll need the MT-32 roms. They're a little hard to get a hold of because moralfags. But here you go:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5j-_ZMS8_UoY2MxOWRmMzktZmZhOS00M2EwLWFkZGItODNmODY4ZjU5Y2Vi&usp=drive_web&ddrp=1#
>>
>>3253726
Rangers have the same spells as druids, just less MP.
You don't absolutely need waterwalk but it's useful to have. You can also recruit a NPC druid or ranger but they cost money. If you're lucky you can find items that cast it.

Robber/ninja isn't as important as other games. There are only a few chests to unlock and later in the game there's a way for others to learn the thief skill.
>>
>>3253731
thanks anon
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.