[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it just me or was Earthworm Jim 2 kinda dark in comparison
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2
File: 465456.jpg (69 KB, 721x492) Image search: [Google]
465456.jpg
69 KB, 721x492
Is it just me or was Earthworm Jim 2 kinda dark in comparison to the first one?
Don't get me wrong, It's nothing to get autistically scared about but some of the level gave me some sort of a weird melancholic vibe. Anyone else felt that shit as a kid?
>>
>>3252821
The main villain kills puppies

I think yes
>>
>>3252821
The level where you swim around as a salamander while Beethoven plays in the background still remains one of the most hauntingly surreal levels in gaming to me.
>>
>>3254067
Then you had to play that trivia game where you answer a bunch of nonsensical questions. Someone must have been having issues.
>>
I hope video game designers never stop taking drugs, or we won't get awesome games like this and oddworld
>>
Aw geez, now you're making me wanna pick it up again.
>>
The only level I felt was dark was Iso 9000 and maybe Lorenzo's Soil. Actually the game is way lighter than the first one. Even Jim's new stand anim makes him look funnier.

The first game was full of dark levels, like What The Heck, Intestinal Distress and fucking Buttville. The first game was more surreal, the second is more "humorous".
>>
>>3254942
You would like Pandemonium 2. That game is an acid trip.
>>
>>3252821
hmmmm
>>
Lorenzo's Soil was a strangely depressing song to me.

I loved Earthworm Jim 2. I sucked at vidya as a kid and appreciated how it was way easier than the first. Down the Tubes gave me PTSD.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.