[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does vr think of retropie? I just got mine set up and played
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6
File: tumblr_lptj3jS9Qm1qdd2xoo1_400.jpg (13 KB, 320x236) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lptj3jS9Qm1qdd2xoo1_400.jpg
13 KB, 320x236
What does vr think of retropie? I just got mine set up and played a good hour of FF Tactics
>>
pi shills pls go
>>
>>3252304
Pretty convenient, I use retroarch directly with Arch Linux but it's functionally similar. Only thing I had to do is change the CPU governor because Snes9x Next confused it.
>>
Wow a good hour of FF:T now you're totally one of us

Fuck off
>>
Mike >>>>>>>>>> Joel
>>
File: joel_thinks_it_stinks.jpg (347 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
joel_thinks_it_stinks.jpg
347 KB, 1024x768
>>3252304
>>
>>3252304
Aren't they making new episodes of this?
>>
>>3252347
With Felicia Day.

Rev up that sjw shit.
>>
>>3252387
Oh, you're that guy who brings up irrelevant subjects like 'sjw' and 'tumblr' specifically to complain about them. Why do you even hang out here?

>>/pol/
>>/b/
>>
File: 1463464112002.jpg (50 KB, 500x367) Image search: [Google]
1463464112002.jpg
50 KB, 500x367
>>3252310
Go fuck yourself

I grew up on snes. I'm just saying it ran a psx game for an hour with no issues. I'm pretty impressed with the system thus far
>>
Regardless of your filthy emotion-filled opinions /vr/, is RetroPie the way to go for emulator gaming on a Sony PVM?

I just got one and I want to know my options. I'm not sure I want a console setup. I want to be able to play Metal Slug and such. Way more huge library by using emulators.
>>
File: Servo.jpg (44 KB, 180x180) Image search: [Google]
Servo.jpg
44 KB, 180x180
>>3252313
I used to think this too, because I grew up with Mike on the Sci-Fi channel, but then I started watching Joel episodes when I got every episode in a torrent.

I now see both Joel and Mike are awesome. Too bad they never really seemed like friends much. I wonder if their get-together reunion happening later is going to bet awkward for them.
>>
>>3252387
I'll reserve my opinions on this for later.

I just hope Joel has control and keeps it awesome. Don't let someone young, new, and progressive control everything! Middle-ground, logical people are best.
>>
>>3252732
I'm a big fan of using my wii for that stuff, plus you have the added bonus of the gamecube and wii libraries.
>>
>>3252739

It's weird but I get this feeling Joel thinks he's 'out and touch' and needs to inject new life into the show when what people want is the exact opposite. I'd be perfectly happy watching an older, grouchier version of the main cast do the same old shit. Good on him for trying something though, I'm at least interested to see how it pans out.

>>3252814

The Wii's really good for this and it can play the Metal Slug games well, far better than a Pi at least for now.
>>
>>3252814
I used to use a Wii. It ran everything pre-ps1 flawlessly and ran most b64 games fine with wad injection. It was great replaying my GameCube library with the classic controller too on nintendont. I use an android TV box now which emulates n64 and ps1 much better. Plus you have the bonus of Android ports of retro games like Baldurs Gate and Tomb Raider.
>>
>>3252402
>felicia day
>not garbage
go away felicia
>>
File: image.jpg (302 KB, 1500x1108) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
302 KB, 1500x1108
>>3252739
>>3252402
I was looking forward forward to the new episodes. Until I saw the cast, Day is awful, Oswald I love casting until he went full retard about AVGN and the new host is a YouTube e-celeb. Not to mention NONE of the old cast or writers were asked to come back.

This has bad news written all over it. The jokes will be in your face and current like LOL BIEBER and I'd be willing to put money down to say they overuse internet memes.

And and new voices for Crow and Tom that sound AWFUL. NO THANKS.
>>
>>3252927
Forgot to all the host aside from YouTube does a "nerd" podcast. OH BOY FUCKING NERDS LOL
>>
>>3252927

>Oswald I love casting until he went full retard about AVGN

Oswald got in on the feminism hate machine then? That sucks. The new voices are fucking horrendous yeah, especially Tom, I was hoping they were just interns but it looks like they're staying.

I definitely fear Joel's 'involvement' will amount to nothing more than handing off the IP in the end, in the kickstarter he mentioned he'd be open to bringing back old writers but it seems a safe bet that there will be no-one back for the first season at least. 'Comedy' in 2016 is just a bad time, I don't know who they could get that would actually fit the show without bringing back old timers.
>>
>>3252732
Yes, it works pretty well but you want to use 240p, so with a HDMI to VGA converter. I'll make a guide sometime.
>>
>>3252732

No. For analog outs you're stuck with composhit 480i, as broadcom they didn't bother programming proper 240p timings into the crtc.

You can use an HDMI -> analog converter, but then you're introducing additional lag, basically negating one of the main reasons to use a PVM. Plus, boxes with high quality DACs are expensive.

Still works for RPGs and stuff etc, but you're going to be frustrated by platformers and shmups.

The correct solution is to set up a little mini-ITX box with an i3 and an old radeon video card. The pi is really only meant for digital displays.
>>
Oh boy, another off-topic literally who e-celeb thread.
>>
File: 1280x720-xvl.jpg (115 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1280x720-xvl.jpg
115 KB, 1280x720
Remember when this happened?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOy9rNgUl2g
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.