[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the best port of Final Fight No Patrick, the original
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6
File: Final Fight.png (348 KB, 640x394) Image search: [Google]
Final Fight.png
348 KB, 640x394
What is the best port of Final Fight

No Patrick, the original arcade version is not a port.
>>
>>3251815
GBA version is surprisingly awesome.
>>
>>3251815
Mega/Sega CD
Awesome soundtrack and a cool challenge mode.
>>
File: GDtUd.png (47 KB, 364x256) Image search: [Google]
GDtUd.png
47 KB, 364x256
>>
>>3251820
>>
>>3251815
>>3251830
This. Complete game, has Guy Cody and Haggar, voice acted and redone cut scenes, two player mode, and remixed redbook audio CD soundtrack.
>>
Why do people care so much about guy? He's just another Ryu pallete swap without the bandana.
>>
Cody is the average American
Guy is the average Asian
Haggar is the average Russian
>>
File: 1438893516329.jpg (735 KB, 930x1311) Image search: [Google]
1438893516329.jpg
735 KB, 930x1311
>>3251815
X68000, cause it looks and controls exactly like the arcade. Its only flaws are the different sounding music (which can't be helped) and the fact that it can only displays up to four enemies on-screen.

The Sega CD version is pretty flawed, despite being more complete content-wise than the Super NES version, since it fucks up the gameplay by slowing down Cody and Guy's punching speed and your character moves a lot slower overall.

The GBA version is basically the SNES version (specifically the Guy edition) with all the cut content restored. It's a decent rendition of the game, but the enemy placement is not exactly accurate and the enemies still have their attack buffs from the SNES version, resulting in some of the bad guys having stronger attacks than they should (such as Axl and Slash's hammer punch).

The PS2 and Xbox versions on Capcom Classics Collection is just the CPS version running on an emulator, so it's technically not a port.
>>
File: snes_final_fight.jpg (61 KB, 640x474) Image search: [Google]
snes_final_fight.jpg
61 KB, 640x474
anyone else feel like the SNES port is unfairly shit on?
>>
>>3252158
I guess but it is kind of unredeemable that they literally had to make two different versions to include all the characters.

I swear they invented the concept of character DLC with that.

Also
>No co-op
but other than that I guess it is an okay port in spite of the missing level.
>>
>>3251815
Anyone that makes spongebob references is probably to young to be here.
>>
>>3251815
360 version with the different soundtrack options and "OH MY GOD" no longer censored.
>>
>>3252162
Anyone that sucks cock is too faggoty to be here.
>>
File: d113.gif (113 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
d113.gif
113 KB, 353x500
>>3252158
>>3252161
It's pretty much a product of its time. Most of its flaws are stuff that couldn't be helped due to the small ROM sizes in early SNES cartridges and the system's own hardware limitations. I've seen other beat-'em-ups on the SNESthat are no better or worse get more praise because they don't have the stigma of being an arcade port. That includes Final Fight 2, which is slower and duller than the original, even though it has 2P co-op.

I'll give it credit for not fucking the attack speed like the Sega CD version did and the enemy placement is different enough to make it feel like an entirely new game on its own (especially the Guy version, which changes the enemy placement on each difficulty setting) . My only gripes are the fact that the Cody version has some annoying slowdown during certain portions when there's too much stuff going on on-screen (which the Guy version fixes) and some of the enemies are overpowered due to attack buffs made to compensate for the lowered on-screen enemy count, making a deathless run nearly impossible.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.