[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recall back in the day i was in love with pokemon yellow. As
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (84 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
84 KB, 1920x1080
I recall back in the day i was in love with pokemon yellow. As many teenagers in my day, both pokemon games and anime was hot, people from your class that you had almost nothing in common were talking to you about their pokemons, you could met people by simply starting a pokemon conversation if you saw they were playing the game.

But i don't recall ever been so hyped when the commercials for Gold/Silver were on TV. In this era of Skyrim/Minecraft, it may sound strange, but pokemon for me represented the ultimate rpg experience in which travelling and living adventures could match no rival.
Everyday, while i was having breakfast, before going to school, there was one pokemon Gold commercial and it made you feel like a big world full of life and events and adventures were awaitting you.

Nowdays you have sandbox games, which in some way they inherit the spirit of those RPGs, but at the same time they are so different. Do children nowdays experience the hype and awe that we got for Pokemon? I swear there is a lot to be learnt from the Pokemon saga, and seams like no game developer falls to see that.
>>
wow, noone really? It is not enough retro for this board?
>>
>>3251806
It's a slow board.

Anyway, there are still kids hype about Pokemon. You don't think plenty of them are jumping on that Pokemon Sun and Moon shit as soon as it hits?
>>
>>3251806
What is it that you want? Everyone played fucking Pokemon, most of us still like it and there's an entire board on this site for it.
>>
You asked a question about what children nowadays do about video games.

PROTIP: This is /vr/, most of us are not children (except the /v/isitors), and very few of us have children because who has children with people that splerg about retro video games on 4chan?
>>
>>3251912
I have two kids. You just have to hide your power level and not let your girlfriend see your videogame dungeon until you've been together for a while.
>>
>>3251610
People still get hype for certain games that come out.
But the novelty of video games has worn off a bit in 6th gen / newer
>>
I think minecraft is beyond anything that we knew in our childhood

It's like crack for kids, we missed it
>>
I was too old for Pokemon when it came out so no one in school had it and I couldn't trade, but my first game was Gold and it was a lot of fun, I think I put like 80 hours into it. I got Yellow after and didn't like it nearly as much, I guess because they handed you all the starters on a silver platter, which is what I thought I wanted, but without having to earn or trade for them it felt kinda cheap.
>>
>>3252251
With the difference that minecraft is shit. Just an hyped game in an age with no classic games to offer. I think they missed our childhood.
>>
>>3252324
Kids still play and love Pokemon so much most if not all schools have banned Pokemon cards. Most kids favourite Pokemon now is a mega evolution of a standard starter
>>
>>3252324
There's a big difference between what we "adults" like and what kids do like.
I personally don't like Minecraft that much (I'd played it sometimes but I'd always got bored), but I have to admit that kids love it as much as they loved LEGO or RPGs (i.e. Pokémon) back in the days.
>>
>>3252324
That's a pretty naive mindset. I was 18 when Pokemon first came out and I felt about it then the same way you feel about Minecraft now. I only kinda got into it much later because I was curious.
>>
>>3252384
The memories putting blocks creates are of lower quality than the ones from living adventures designed for kids.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.