[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it cheating if you use Auto Charge and Rapid Fire?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: 10519_front.jpg (82 KB, 600x590) Image search: [Google]
10519_front.jpg
82 KB, 600x590
Is it cheating if you use Auto Charge and Rapid Fire?
>>
No. They're things you find/get in the game.
Use whatever you want.
>>
File: someonemuststoprepliforce.jpg (150 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
someonemuststoprepliforce.jpg
150 KB, 500x500
>>3250847
no but it means you suck
>>
File: nohands1.png (43 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
nohands1.png
43 KB, 640x480
It's my first time playing X5, but I played X4 before. I'm in this stage now. This first part is the epitome of artificial difficulty, holy shit it's annoying.
>>
>>3250847
No, though I question why one would use them. They just make the game harder.

>>3250847
In X5, they're just toggles in the options menu.

>>3250884
Duff McWhalen's stage is far worse. At least that section is short, and the rest of the stage is short as well.
>>
>>3250891
Second quote was supposed to be >>3250879

I'm so fucked up
>>
>>3250891
What? That stage was easy, only that part with the big laser and the spikes got me killed twice, the other mini boss firing the mini torpedos killed me once, but it's fine.

This part with the jet though is utter bullshit, holy shit, the screen is minuscule, the rules are bullshit, the damn thing won't jump until it has run nearly a fourth of the screen, there are small spots that are impossible to see where you get stuck, platforms precisely placed to get you stuck when you dash in certain parts, the entire thing necessarily requires you to die several times until you memorize the layout. It's 1% skill 99% trial and error.
>>
>>3250880
you probably suck more if you actually play X enough to make use of it tbqh
>>
>>3250904
It's annoying because of that fucking ship that you have to deal with whenever you visit the stage. And you need to visit it twice to get as close to 100% as you can.
>>
>>3250904
>easy
>died 3 times
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10337184
>>
>>3251707
Well, that's kinda typical of some retro games, dying is no big deal, when it's your fault.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.