[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Street Fighter 1 / Fighting Street appreciation thread Goo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: COVER-Fighting_Street.jpg (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
COVER-Fighting_Street.jpg
51 KB, 400x400
Street Fighter 1 / Fighting Street appreciation thread

Good music: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8kaNNi9ka_I
>>
>>3250272
>Not Retsu's
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndUAZexDSN0
>>
>>3250291
That is great theme too
>>
Anyone got manual scans for the home console ports?
>>
horrible controls
>>
File: cdvb_016a.jpg (856 KB, 1200x843) Image search: [Google]
cdvb_016a.jpg
856 KB, 1200x843
>>3250823
I'll give you something even better. The original sales brochure for the arcade version in Japan. Since Street Fighter had unique controls, it was sold as a dedicated cabinet, which was rarely done in Japan after the early 80's unless it was a racing or light gun game like all those Sega super-scaler games.
Sauce:http://retrogamegoods.com/
>>
File: cdvb_016b.jpg (814 KB, 1200x840) Image search: [Google]
cdvb_016b.jpg
814 KB, 1200x840
>>3250860
2/4
Character pages, featuring the first ever promo art and bios for Ryu, Ken, and Sagat, plus all those other guys from the Alpha/Vs. series and a few one-shot only nobodies. Noticed how Ken's name is spelled in kanji.
>>
File: cdvb_016c.jpg (806 KB, 1200x845) Image search: [Google]
cdvb_016c.jpg
806 KB, 1200x845
>>3250864
3/4
World map, detailing the game's structure, including bonus rounds. Also some info on the special moves.
>>
File: cdvb_016d.jpg (818 KB, 1200x841) Image search: [Google]
cdvb_016d.jpg
818 KB, 1200x841
>>3250869
4/4
Section about the game's controls and its rules. The 6-button came out later for table-top cabinets.
>>
>>3250860
>>3250864
>>3250869
>>3250872
I appreciate it...do you happen to have an English translation? I've been looking for English bios/stories for the first SF game.
>>
>>3251114
幼い頃から様々な格闘技を学び、ついに最高の格闘技スタイルを会得した二人の若き天才格闘家"隆"と"拳"。ライバルでもある二人は、ともに格闘技界の頂点をめざし、闘いの世界へと旅立つ。超一流のパワーと技術を誇る各国のストリートファイター達を相手に"世界最強の男"の名を手中にするのは、"隆"なのか、それとも"拳"なのか!?
Ryu and Ken are two gifted martial artists who have mastered the mightiest martial arts style after learning numerous styles since childhood. The two companions and rivals, each seeking to reach the top of the martial arts world, are voyaging into a world of battle. As they face against the various Street Fighters from around the world, each boasting top-class power and skills, will Ryu be the one to attain the title of "world's mightiest man"? Or will it be Ken?
>>
>>3251248
Ryu - A "genius fighter" who has learned several martial arts since childhood and has since constructed his unique fighting style. Seeking to become the world's mightiest, he's waging his life on the journey of a Street Fighter.

Ken - A fighting genius who trained alongside Ryu since childhood and has also formed his personal style. His fighting skills are on par with Ryu's. He also seeks to become the "world's mightiest man".
>>
>>3250864
It's a crime that Eagle never came back into later games, outside the PSP port of A3 which is a stretch. I hope he makes it into V.
>>
>>3252269
He was in Capcom vs. SNK 2, which is where they took his sprite from in the GBA and PSP ports of Alpha 3.
>>
>>3252285
Yeah but he deserves to be in a main game, not some port of a spin off
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.