[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'n having some trouble getting SF1 to run on MAME. I have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: sf1.jpg (126 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
sf1.jpg
126 KB, 1280x720
I'n having some trouble getting SF1 to run on MAME. I have the sfu.zip file in my ROMs folder, but MAME is telling me I'm missing a necessary ROM or CHD. Google yields nothing thus far.
>>
Seems like you're missing a necessary ROM or CHD.
>>
>>3249804
Which ones do I need besides sfu.zip?
>>
>>3249807
well what does the error say?
Mame list what files are missing.
Download them and put them in roms forder.
Are you underage or first time working on computer?
>>
>>3249814
I'm new to using MAME, yes.
>>
screenshot the error it gives you and upload here.
>>
>>3249814
Come on, anon. Getting games to work in MAME isn't exactly intuitive. I'd rather they make a quick thread about it than not play the game at all.
>>
>>3249770
sfu.zip's parent rom is sf.zip, so you'll need to have that one as well. Not sure if you need anything else (some mame games require BIOS files as well, for example) but I'll dig around. Good luck OP
>>
>>3249770
Birdy is so white in SF 1, my god. Also, why is he so fat in the new game? Street Fighter 5 seems to go out of it's way to make me hate it.
>>
>>3249853
This seemed to be the issue. I needed the 'World' ROM as well as the USA ROM.

Thanks for your help, everyone.
>>
DOS version in browser. https://archive.org/details/msdos_Street_Fighter_1988
>>
>>3249770
You need roms from a set that match the version of mame that you're using. They change them all the time.
>>
>>3249770
Try getting an earlier version of MAME like 0.164
>>
>>3249861
According to the backstory, he was sick during the SF1 tournament, I think it was the flu. About him being fat, I agree.

Of course we all know they wanted to portray a British punk and didn't want to make another character later.
>>
>>3249770
Go to Emuparadise go to the rom that you downloaded look to see right under the download link there is a parent rom that is needed to play this game most likely the Japanese rom and that will solve your problem.
>>
>>3249867
>>3249770

HEY OP! In the future to avoid having to ask around to figure out what the fuck MAME's problem is, go download RomCenter. Run it and point it at your copy of MAME. It will make a .DAT file that contains checksums for every single rom MAME will recognize. Then point it at your rom directory.

If the rom is green, it has everything it needs to play. If the rom is yellow, it may or may not play, it might play flawlessly, it might have issues, it varies. If the rom is yellow, you are missing something important. Usually by googling the files listed with red symbols will lead you to the roms you need to get the game functional, be it a Base(world) rom or a BIOS rom file or whatever.
>>
>>3251123
RED, if the rom is RED, you are missing something important. Sorry bout that.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.