[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
survival horror
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /vr/ - Retro Games

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: nemesis.jpg (89 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
nemesis.jpg
89 KB, 500x500
What's your favorite survival horror game /vr/?
What's the last one you replayed?

Comfy thread music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1o_3yBe6Cg
>>
File: Galerians.png (49 KB, 165x162) Image search: [Google]
Galerians.png
49 KB, 165x162
>>3249114
GALERIANS

It was a shameless Akita ripoff, but I don't remember psychic powers being this prevalent in a video game up to its release. I used to love shorting and just popping doctors heads, it was so satisfying. Like popping juicy pimples.
>>
>>3249114
That's some real comfy music anon. Code Veronica is underrated in every sense of the word.
>>
>>3249152
Agreed. Its almost universally disliked on both /v/ and /vr/ but I think its great. I still prefer 2 and 3 over it, but for a one-time offshoot with that amazing 90s dreamcast charm it was fucking baller.

I'd even go as far to say its the comfiest RE game to replay.
>>
>>3249114
Don't know if they count as horror but I would say dino crisis 2 and parasite eve are my faves>>3249148 is good too,

I am playing RE2 now I just beat RE1 DC and I'm going to play>>3249114 next.
>>
>>3249312
Dino Crisis 2 is so retarded fun to play man. Chaining combos is fun as fuck and getting those green no-damage digits is addictive. I also like how pretty much all weapons are satsifying to use.

RE2 is my favorite game of all time, but I find myself replaying 3 more often in the last few years due to its less linear nature.

More comfy tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wy7Ta3I9lkg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (107 KB, 1370x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
107 KB, 1370x1080
I recommend anyone a little curious about the genre or by video game history to check Zombi. It is AFAIK the first 'real' survival horror, and neither Sweet Home or even AITD deserve that title.
By "real" I mean with enough gameplay mechanics so there is no doubt possible, my point being that some people want to go back as far as Haunted House on Atari but I wouldn't agree with that.

Zombi got rebooted on WiiU recently but that barely shed a light on the original game....

>>3249312
>>3249314
Dino Crisis 2 is great but there is nothing survival horror about it, it's a pure arcade action game.

3D models used with 2D pre-rendered backgrounds doesn't equal survival horror (even though survival horror did come up with that system), or else all three Final Fantasy games on PS1 would be.

You need to look at the gameplay mechanics and the theme.

Now though if you like action games of that style, I higly recommend Vampire Hunter D which imo is a very underrated game. It's fantastic once you get the hang of the gameplay (just turn off the aiming auto lock)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwCWyOTs2R8

Soul of the Samurai is also decent if you want to look at Onimusha's ancestor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VHNSR31NcA
>>
RE3 is my favorite too. It just has everything.

I also remember I enjoyed the atmosphere of Nighmare creatures. It might be a bad game but the feel it gave as you walked through the fog, that long weapon of the guy slashing monsters... it was a good experience.

I also think silent hill did it so good that it became bad. For some reason I cant replay it. Maybe its because it is not good as a game but it has good moments. Really good ones but failing to become a whole.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.